Moving saved game data from one Wii to another

Hvacman24

WiiChat Member
Jul 15, 2010
Indiana
Ok so I had a Wii that stopped reading discs, everything else seemed to work fine but I could put any game you wanted in it and it wouldn't read. My wife got me a replacement Wii for our anniversary so now I'm need to transfer all my saved data over to the new one. After going through the ridiculous process of putting every game into the new Wii that I had data for I was able to move all the my data from the old Wii to an SD card, then onto the new Wii system memory except for one game, Mario Kart! I've unlocked almost everything in Mario Kart by playing it and not cheating so I would like to have my original license or data. I've tried everything I can think of to move it to the SD card but when I go into the old Wii's memory of data and click on the mario kart data it only allows me to erase it, the move and copy buttons are greyed out. My card has over 7400 block available and the data only takes up 23, so its not a space issue on the card.

Anyone know why this is or what to do to get it to work?

Thanks in advance

Moving SD data from one wii console to another

Apparently Nintendo does not provide the capability to do this. All downloaded and WI-FI enabled software is keyed to the particular machine and therefore is not transferable. You must make a special request from Nintendo and then send both the old and new machines to them, wait two weeks and hopefully you will have the old one repaired, and the data copied.

What a wasteful and inefficient business process.

Never new we could do that my bro has call of duty mwr he only brings it Saturday and j am getting a new wii and cod mwr I I am pretty far and I don't want to start all over but now that I now I could move the memory I am going to do that and does the SD card come with the wii or we need to buy it

Also, (read my post in your other thread), you don't need to post 2 threads about the same thing... It's just creating clutter...

Back