my "abusing" the hammer bros attack RANT ^ ^

Wii_BrEnDo2007

Gran Turismo
Jan 3, 2007
Ecosse
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
wtf!?
there is no "abusing" it it is easy to defend against if you are actually good at this game.Its just like birdo or toads timing is very important so i dont want see anybody cry

"OMFS I JUST GOT CHEEETED BECUZE A GUY FOUNG OUT MY WEEKNEESS 0H NOES I AM SOO TRADING THIS GAME IN Oh NOES.this GAME IS TEH SUXX00RS!!!!11!!"

IF you have a ds with mario kart remember that thing called "snaking" you learn to live with it that is also not cheating it is called using skills to your advantage.If i come across someone who IS TERRIBLE AT TIMING MOVES DARN RIGHT I AM GOING TO USE THIS MOVE TO MY ADVANTAGE.

so give everybody a break and stop whining and whinging in advance

BrEnDo

Getting this game in a few days ( I hope ;) ) but what exactly is this tactic and how can you defend against it?

Is it that one that I see on youtube where a guy hops in the air and throws something in the ground?

I have to say.......it's actually very effective! Saying that though, after seeing my brother use it the whole way through a match with ChazzyP I have withdrawn myself from the group that uses it due to pure unadulterated shame.

No skill is involved whatsoever. I have gone back to the gold old Tottenham Hotspur style flowing football.

You have to bait them to use it then move in for the kill, it does take skill to attack against a nooby hammer bro spammer.

To the thread starter

I agree that its not cheating, as its something available to all players then each side can choose to use that technique. Basically your off your head if you don't use it.

However i disagree with your sentiment that its easy to defend against, perhaps people are defending against you using it because you are not particularly adept at using the hammer feint.

If it was so easy to defend against then you would not be using the hammer bros on your team, the fact that you do use them shows that you know it is very difficult to defend against.

If a player is good at using the hammer feint then it is almost impossible to defend against, theres a failure rate of about 9 out of 10 in my experience. If someone knows what they are doing and fakes a skill shot, then feints when you charge in then immediately skill shots again then there is very little hope of defending. Unless of course you have as second player next to them that you can tackle with, but then theres nothing to stop them feinting again.

Your only chance is to run at them in the hope they feint, stop dead a little bit away from them to avoid the hammer then shake the remote or slide tackle to catch them when they hit the ground. However if they very rapidly hit the feint button twice in a row then they will be off the ground when you go in which means you catch a hammer to teeth, and they can usually then skill shot and score.

Its just luck as to whether or not you actually manage to tackle them in the brief time they are on the ground. Most games are about who is best at using the hammer bros and not about who is the best at using a whole teams abilities.

It can be used skillfully just as long as you don't spam and time it. But I agree if people spam or use it to much it takes the fun out of the game. But I find that if I wait until they try to shoot I can take them out then.

Its easy to tackle the hammer bros, all you do is pretend your about to tackle them by running near them then when they do a hammer tackle them and voila!

Doesnt work if they are charging and then push feint as you come in, they will then stop charging and hammer attack.

If someone knows how to use it properly then there is very little you can do.

In my experiances most of them have gone for it.

Back