My Cmparison Of The Wii, To The Other Home Consoles.

zapasant

Where is your god now?
Aug 13, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
2887-9874-6238-6951
Finally Complete

I have searched all through the web to find information on each of the three console and i have put together a self written comparison of the Wii, 360 and PS3, and i hope you enjoy it :)

Lets start off with the Nintendo Wii

Easly the most inovative of the 3 consoles, it comes with a very intiuitive type of controller that people like to refer to as a "Wiimote", the wiimote highly resembles a tv remote, only with alot less buttons that is. The wiimote and nunchuck have a variety of buttons : plus pad, A, B, Minus, Home, 1 and 2 buttons. The Nunchuk controller includes an analog control stick and C and Z buttons.
As for the actual hardware it self, it isnt the most inpresive of the 3, actually is the lest high tech or "powerful", the Wii has 512 megabytes of internal flash memory, which simply doesnt stand anywhere in the ranks of the other consoles, an SD card can be used to expand the flash memory of the wii, in some cases the SD card can hold more memory then the whole wii it self, so an SD card can come in handy, so i suggest picking one up when you can, the wii also comes with 2 USB ports and built in wifi.
Built in wifi leads me to my next point, the WFC *WifiConnection* which acts as nintendo's online server, its quite mediocer i must say, with only as few titles being online at the moment, in a few weeks it will be a god send though with the release of SSBB, the server will be jammed pack with brawlers all over north america.

Now lets go with my opinion side.

The wii is a very fun, but can be quite ,mediocre is some areas. There are games out there that look absolutly marvelous, the seem to match up very well against 360 and ps3 games, for examples, : The legend of zelda: Twiligh Princess, Metroid Primer 3, Resident evil 4, super mario galaxy and soon ssbb.............yes, they are very beautiful, but thats one side of the coin, the wii is jammed pack with a library of fun but also jammed pack with a library of pure and utter crap, to mention games like ninja bread man and anubis 2......they are just, horrible

Price
$250

Sales
5.37M Japan
9.36M America
6.92M Others

TOTAL = 21.65M

Top Selling games by the million

Wii Sports (17.85 million)
Wii Play (9.23 million)
Super Mario Galaxy (5.19 million)
Mario Party 8 (4.35 million)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (4.3 million)
Super Paper Mario (2.16 million)
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (2 million)
WarioWare: Smooth Moves (1.82 million)
Mario Strikers Charged (1.65 million)
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (1.5 million in US)
Wii Fit (1.484 million in Japan)
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (1.434 million approximately, 946,000 in US,488,000 in Japan)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (1.213 million in Japan)
Resident Evil 4 (1.15 million)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (1.14 million)
Link's Crossbow Training (1.07 million)
Rayman Raving Rabbids (1 million)
Red Steel (1 million)

My Recomendations from self experience

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Mario Strikers Charged
The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Resident Evil 4

Critic Recomendations

Super Mario Galaxy
The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
No More Heroes
Zach And Wiki
Metroid Prime 3

Must have game

Super Smash Bros Brawl *released on march 9th in NA*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next up Xbox360

The Xbox360 is the more shall we say, traditional? of the 3 consoles i must say, with a controle scheme not that much different from the previous generation, only real difference is that its smaller and alot more comfterable, the last gen Xbox controller was the most uncofterable piece of hardware ever, there isnt much to say about this controller, just that its simple, confterable and easy to use.
As of right now, there are 3 types of 360 consoles, : Arcade, Premium and Elite, all with different aspecs, It ranges from a variety of memory storage, from 20GB to 120 GB, one could say you'll never use that much, but you never know.
My next point is just really one f the big highlights of this console, the XboxLive which acts as microsofts online gaming server. It is compatiable with some of the best online game experiences out there, some of them being halo 3, call of duty 4 and gears of war, along with the highly pupular madden games, THOUSANDS of people log on every night so unlike nintendo you dont have to wait long to start killing eachother, only downside is the fee, which i actually find quite affordable consideing you are getting if not more your meneys worth with this online gaming experience, i think we can all agree the 360 is the online dominator in the next gen console war.

my opinions

So, really if i had to choose a console to be the best one, ide definetly choose this one, simply just because of its HUGE library of really good games, they dont have as much crap out as the wii, seriously if your looking for a great gaming experience, be sure to pick this up, if your looking for a great online experience microsoft are your guys.

Price

Core & Arcade - $279
Premium- $350
Elite- $450

Sales

0.58M Japan
10.92M America
5.58M Others

TOTAL= 17.08M

Halo 3 (8.1 million)
Gears of War (4.5 million)
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (3.118 million approximately, 3.04 million in US, 78,000 in Canada)
Forza Motorsport 2 (2.23 million in US)
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (2.08 million in US)
BioShock (2 million shipped, includes PC version)
Assassin's Creed (1.93 million approximately, 1.87 million in US,60,000 in Canada)
Madden NFL 07 (1.72 million in US)
Mass Effect (1.6 million)
Madden NFL 08 (1.51 million in US)
Crackdown (1.5 million)
Perfect Dark Zero (1.5 million)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (1.49 million in US)
Guitar Hero II (1.46 million in US)
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (1.45 million)
Call of Duty 2 (1.4 million)
Saints Row (1.4 million shipped)
Dead Rising (1.35 million)
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (1.32 million in US)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas (1.27 million in US)
Call of Duty 3 (1.22 million in US)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (1.2 million in US)
Fight Night Round 3 (1.15 million in US)
Dead or Alive 4 (1 million)
The Orange Box (at least 1 million)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (1 million)
Uno (1 million)

My Recomendations from self experience
Halo 3
Bioshock
RainBow6 Vegas
Madden 07

Critic Recomendations
Orange box
Halo 3
Bioshock
guitar hero 2 & 3
Call of duty 4
Gears of war
And many others...

Must have game
Halo 3 *Already out*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly PS3

PS3, the mother of all things power ful, its so powerful im sure if we tried hard enough we can find a way to microwave a burrito. PS3 is te most pwerful of the 3 consoles and the most high tech....but is it the best? lets start off witht the cntrollers.
Sony decided to go with the classical dual shock again, and this control scheme is in y opinion the most comfterable, but im saying that because im just too used to that type of controller , dating back to the PS1 era, but to someone whose never played a sony product, they may find it triky, but its all in the eyes of the beholder on how they feel about the controlls.
PS3 comes with this thing called blue ray, which apperantly seems to be a very expensive type of HDDVD, and if your looking to buy a blueray player, ps3 is actually the cheapest, so if you want blueray, i suggest picking up a ps3, because it plays blueray, and a library of good games. Also like the 360 PS3 comes with a variety of different consoles, but unlike microsoft, they decided not to give the, fancy names, they are simply just 20GB, 40GB, 60GB and 80 GB, simple enough.
Sony's online server is called PSN *playstation network*, which acts as a pretty decent online server, not as good as live, but definetly better then WFC, the great part about psn that makes it a god send is that, yup, its free, now i cant tell you from experience how good psn is, because ive only played two online games on ps3, rainbow 6 and madden 08, but my experiences with those 2 games were great.
Now, lets visit a darkerside of a ps3, the actual games.
YES, there are some,....SOME very good ps3 games, but there are very few, why you ask? because a game for a ps3 needs too much god damn budget money to make it good, so in saying that, there are alot of halfassed games out for the ps3, that arent even worth mentioning, but the array of good games are marvelous, assasins creed, call of duty 4, the madden games for it arent bad, neither is nba, rainbow 4 vegas is beautiful and motorstorm, is just plain fun. SO if alot of you who have heard nothing but bad stuff about the ps3, please consider the good things. Also, the future is looking REALLY good for this console, with hit games coming out like GTA4 and MGS4:GOTP along with final fantasy 13, so if you happen to have some, or alot of spare money, give this console a chance.

Price

20GB- Not in production
40GB- $399
60GB- Not in production
80GB- $499

Sales

1.95M Japan
3.99M America
4.24M Others

TOTAL- 10.18M

MotorStorm (3 million)
Resistance: Fall of Man (2 million)

My recommendations from experience

Motorstorm
RainBow 6 Vegas
Madden 07
Madden 08
Nba 2k8

Critic Reccomendations
RainBow 6 vegas
Call of duty 4
Devil May cry 4
Resistance Fall of man
Ratchet and clank
and a couple others....

Must have game

3 way tie

Metal Gear Solid 4: Gun Of The Patriots
Final Fantasy 13
Grand Theft Auto 4

Thanks for reading my thread :) hope you liked it, im willing to welcome comments and critizisim.

Sales via VgChartz
Best Selling games via Wikipedia

Last edited:
Eternal Sonata on 360 pwns, so does Blue dragon. Viva Pinata rocks(yes it does stfu).

Dose wii sports count as a sale if its given away ?

A few suggestions:

There are now ONLY 3 versions of the Xbox 360 Console.

The Arcade, The Premium (or Pro) and the Elite.
FYI, the Arcade replaced the Core (if you didn't know...not flaming you! smilewinkgrin:

You MUST mention Call of Duty 4 as a recommendation and try pick it up sometime. It is a crime NOT to! xD That game has the best online play to date! Yeah, the lack of host migration (e.g. the host leaving and everyone being thrown out of the game) at the moment is a bit annoying but that is being fixed in a future update. :wink: And there is no better thing than getting home and completely owning someone on Free For All (game type fyi...everyone vs everyone) even if I am a complete n00b lol.

To Darkprinny, Wii Sports. :crazy: I would say that it still counts as part of the sale of the Wii console due to fact of the disc being manufactured and then being sold with the console itself. They have to gain some money to manufacture the disc in the first place and this is then returned (with a profit no doubt!) when the console is sold at retail. Oh...and by the way. Love the GREGGS sig! :lol:

To Monsteroids, I'm not really into Viva Pinata but how long did it take you to get 1 achievement? It literally took 5 minutes to get 20g which isn't bad i suppose. I'm not really into fluffy and colourful animals romancing and doing strange dances infront of my eyes LOL.

WiiMan999

Hang on, SMG sold 5 million and everyone is going on about poor sales? :wtf:

Out of those three consoles, I'm also inclined to say the 360 is the best. To me it's more of a gamer's console, whereas the Wii is a bit too inclined towards casual gaming (and it needs a proper hard drive) and the PS3... well, it's been one bad decision after another from Sony (each new model seems to be worse than those before), and it really needs more good exclusives. I'm starting to think the PS3 could go the way of the Saturn.

@Monsteroids- Blue Dragon sucks.

i can reccomend call of duty 4, cause ive never played it

i cant reecomend games i dont play, so i put them down under critic recomendation

What about multi format games ?
Id dont think they should be inculded unless there included on every format there out on

Darkprinny said:
Dose wii sports count as a sale if its given away ?

I think so, because in Japan it didn't come packed in.
I still don't see it selling 17.85 million or whatever it was though :lol:

Nice work though Zap!

edit: ps3 section complete

Last edited:
just ignore wii sports and wii play, go to the real seller which is Mario Galaxy. people had wii sports as a pack in and bought wii play just because it was an extra controller (esp during the times when wiimotes were in shortages).

and okay i pretty much agree, good thread.

75% percent in english class, not the greatest

Back