need help witha big gaming decision!

JAKE196

Cogito Ergo Sum
Sep 21, 2007
Williamsburg, VA (U.S.A.)
ok, I love my wii but as a hardcore-ish gamer i want to play a few fps's.

I'm thinking of either buying a better graphics card and a bit of RAM for my computer so I can play games like UT3, crysis, etc. OR buying a 360 and a couple games + online.

The thing is if a baught a 360 I wouldn't have a large budget for games and a lot of good wii games are coming out soon. . .

I might end up sticking with my wii and DS but what do you guys think i should do anyway.

Also which model of the 360 would i need for a handful of games and how much would it cost? (memory)

How bad or good or your graphics? And your right if you get a 360 it will be hard to get games because you should spend them all the great new games coming out for the wii. And btw how are you getting crysis and those other games? A torrent or buying?

LoVeWiI said:
How bad or good or your graphics? And your right if you get a 360 it will be hard to get games because you should spend them all the great new games coming out for the wii. And btw how are you getting crysis and those other games? A torrent or buying?
it would cost me less than $150 to upgrade.

buying.

JAKE196 said:
it would cost me less than $150 to upgrade.

buying.
Wow, that's a great price...I would of though at least 300. I think you should upgrade, because so many new wii games coming up that you will want to spend money on.

Right now it's going to cost you around $300-$400 if you're looking at buying either a core or premium console.

LoVeWiI said:
Wow, that's a great price...I would of though at least 300.
I have a good computer already i just need a better graphics card, and my dad might be getting more RAM anywho so i might not have to pay for that.

Syntax said:
Right now it's going to cost you around $300-$400 if you're looking at buying either a core or premium console.
Syntax I got an Intel Pentium Dual-Core with 2 proccesors is that good? Are should I upgrade?

The graphics card you will need for crysis is a good $658 or something like that.

UT3 is for the 360 also:).

First of all it just really depends on the type of experience you are trying to achieve. The PC, unlike the consoles, generally use two categories for the definition of hardware, the "minimum" and the "recommended". With that said it is really a matter of what those games demand, how much of that experience (graphics) are you willing to forfeit for extra game money, and of course HOW and WHAT you want to play.

My advice to you is to consider what you are after. If you are big time gamer and find yourself playing lots of games regularly (or think you will be) I would consider the Xbox 360 even if it does choke your game budget a little. The Xbox 360 will provide you with a stable game platform with advanced graphics and you don't have to worry about not be able to play due to viruses and other common PC malfunctions. If you only see yourself playing less than a half dozen games I then recommend checking out what they require and get a video card that better suits the budget. Putting so much into a 360 and not taking advantage of it would be a waste. :)

Likewise I highly consider you review the past and present game selection that you preference, which will really be the final decision making factor to your question.

the minimum requirements for crysis is a Nvidia 6600

i plan on getting one a lot better than that for not to much.

i have an athlon x2 (prefered)

and a gig of ram (minimum)

Personally, I would buy a regular XB off of Ebay.

Like you mentioned, the wave of wii games is approaching very quickly. With the release of Halo 3, there will be several XB's on Ebay for dirt cheap, I would assume. You can play Halo 2 and other FPS' while you wait for better wii games.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Personally, I would buy a regular XB off of Ebay.

Like you mentioned, the wave of wii games is approaching very quickly. With the release of Halo 3, there will be several XB's on Ebay for dirt cheap, I would assume. You can play Halo 2 and other FPS' while you wait for better wii games.
well wats an XB i don't know a lot about graphics cards.

Back