New channel - Wii health channel

cannon said:
I no they want it to be for things other than gaming but somethings are to far, Like i said it seems like they are trying to force anything and everything onto the wii. They are trying to attract every single genre of people into buying the console. Which in one way is smart marketing but for the normal gamer is bad because we have to settle for all this milking thats going on.
then you know you could... not buy it.

noone's forcing you.

i'm not sold on it at all, but i'm not freaking out about something i probably won't ever buy.
i do sort of agree with 'biding' their time though, but only to a certain extent. i'll know how badly they're doing in about a year tbh. it's too early to tell what's going on.

cannon said:
I agree with you that certain things are a test for the wii, Which is fine but what next a channel to show you how to water your garden's. There is a fine line between functional and just pointless releases to bide time. I work in the gaming industry and all we see these goofy channels as is a distraction so that the big N doesnt have to provide excuses on why first party titles keep getting pushed back further and further.

I guess it depends on the person. I think its safe to assume that you are a hardcore gamer :thumbsup: (correct me if Im wrong). I too am a hardcore gamer, but I think the difference between us is how (judging by your job-type) much of our life consists of gaming. Again, I am making a lot of assumptions, but I would guess that gaming is a big part of your life, while gaming for me is more of a hobby. I mean that as an insult in no way shape or form, in fact, I wish I had more time for gaming, but I am more of a sports person. Regardless, I bought the Wii mainly because it is innovative (and because I just love nintendo), you probably bought the wii for gaming, and I wouldnt be surprised if you also owned a 360 or a ps3. I got way off track, but the point is that a lot of people like these channels whether you do or not. I for one want as many channels as possible, the more the merrier. If its ganna slow down game production, than maybe not, but I doubt its having a big affect on that.

I made a lot of assumptions, so dont feel offended by anything. And feel free to flame if I was way off :thumbsup:

Im not offended about anything you said there i was glad it was a very constructive post not like half the other crap that gets posted on here. Im not really a hardcore gamer although i do love my video games. I do not own any other consoles although i did have a demo unit of both PS3 and 360 at one stage. Im a sports fan to but in my opinion and in many others. The company i work for did a massive poll on the wii channels and 84% of people agreed that Nintendo hasnt really released any worth while channels. So its not just me that thinks it. But anyway each and every person has different views of all walks of life i was just stating that i personally dont think Nintendo has put alot of effort into any of these channels nore have they put alot of thought into them. I think they could say yes we are releasing a new channel and it could just be a blank white screen and people would still get all excited over it.

cannon said:
Im not offended about anything you said there i was glad it was a very constructive post not like half the other crap that gets posted on here. Im not really a hardcore gamer although i do love my video games. I do not own any other consoles although i did have a demo unit of both PS3 and 360 at one stage. Im a sports fan to but in my opinion and in many others. The company i work for did a massive poll on the wii channels and 84% of people agreed that Nintendo hasnt really released any worth while channels. So its not just me that thinks it. But anyway each and every person has different views of all walks of life i was just stating that i personally dont think Nintendo has put alot of effort into any of these channels nore have they put alot of thought into them. I think they could say yes we are releasing a new channel and it could just be a blank white screen and people would still get all excited over it.

lmfao at that. Yeah, I know what you mean, but your complaint was that they should be focusing on making games and not useless channels and my point was that I really highly doubt that producing channels reduces the rate that games are made. Mostly because its two different teams that work on channels and games.

Oh, and btw thanks for actually having a calm debate. Pretty rare to find one of those on these forums.

excellent idea, it would definatley get my mum playing the wii! also thanks for the Info, Reputation time..

I don't think they would send it to hospitals because of so many things but if you had a virtual character and how you eat and work out effects his/her appearance would be cool

Thought I should add this I don't think this is real

Will you have to download the health channel from the shop channel or internet and is it going to be pre-loaded on to future wii consoles?

wiifan123 said:
Will you have to download the health channel from the shop channel or internet and is it going to be pre-loaded on to future wii consoles?
If the health channel is released, then the only option is to download it from the Shopping Channel.
I highly doubt it will be preloaded though.

Looks really good, anyone got any idea when it will be released or if it will be released.

Back