New Wii Colours On The Way?

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Reader Andy sent in some interesting info. He works at a Target, and he’s been noticing something interesting with the Wii SKU. He explains the situation much better than I could have, so I’ve included a portion of his email below.

I work in the Electronics Department at a SuperTarget. Everything in Target has a DPCI number, which is kind of like a sku number. (For example, The number for the Wii is 207-25-0001) When an employee enters this number (either by hand or by scanning a barcode), it will give them the name of the item, price, location in the store, and a number of other details.

Here is what I find interesting: Before Christmas, when an employee would scan the Wii, “Wii Console” would come up as its “title”. However, I noticed that when scanning the Wii barcode, that, instead of “Wii Console”, “Wii White” would come up as the title instead. Attached is a picture of a location print-up which illustrates the “Wii White” title. I find this interesting because what made Target change the title from “Wii Console” to “Wii White”, unless there is another color coming soon. When a Playstation 3 is scanned, it doesn’t say “Playstation 3 40GB Black”, it just says “Playstation 3 40GB”. I’ve found Target to know about many things before they are released, such as having the iPods listed as “Discontinued” a week before the new ones were announced.

IMG_4868.jpg

We all know that the Wii will definitely see new colors. We are just waiting to find out when that will happen.

Source:
http://gonintendo.com/?p=33247

Well that looks very interesting. New colors would be cool but I'm a fan of white...nice and pure. I would think that something like black would look funny with the glowing blue slot...maybe we can get other colors of slots to go with it.

Lol, that would be cool as hell. But, the only thing I dont like or dont really care about it is the fact that im not gonna pay $250 for another Wii because of color.

I still don't understand the timing. The wii is selling like hotcakes, they should wait longer.

And yes, it would be even cooler if they changed the LED to another color as well. It would sell like mad. You know that some people with wii's would buy another just to have a 'cooler' LED.

LevesqueIsKing said:
I still don't understand the timing. The wii is selling like hotcakes, they should wait longer.

And yes, it would be even cooler if they changed the LED to another color as well. It would sell like mad. You know that some people with wii's would buy another just to have a 'cooler' LED.

Well if this does indeed happen it won't for awhile I am sure.
Not until after April when they plan on evening out the production.

I say we get new colours around the time Wii gets a price drop.

I say new colors should be a replacement for a price drop; draw it out longer.

Same thing happens at my work, Sometimes its just data entries being updated so i wouldn't get to excited as it MIGHT not be true.

Sounds interesting. Would be interesting to see what colours they choose. That is, if various coloured Wii's were on the way.

I'm definitely not going to buy another one, especially considering all the VC titles I have on my current one. But, man. I'd love a Black Wii.

I'll upgrade my Wiimote for sure, though.

I wouldnt get too excited. Its just a slip from the stockers in Target. I would think if it was going to happen anytime soon, Nintendo would mention something. And if its not happening soon, why did Target already update their slips?

Dorkfish said:
Racism...

but no srsly, Maybe with the Disk slot they'd change it to red if the consoles black?? that would make it Uber tight
:wtf:

this is pretty interesting. that guy pays attention to the details. it will be cool to see if he was right or not.

they probably (if new coulors came out) will make 'special edition' wiis that match certain themes eg. a red wii with green light for christmas

Back