Nintendo Releases New The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Story and Character Details

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
maura-albums-pictures-picture8790-zelda-skyward-sword.jpg

Exciting times today for all Legend of Zelda fans eagerly awaiting the release of Skyward Sword on the Wii, as Nintendo has revealed brand new details about the introductory storyline and game play that fans can expect when the game is released exclusively for the Wii on November 20. For starters, it will be one of the biggest games in the history of Nintendo software development, and will feature new story elements that lay the foundation for the events that occur in the rest of the series. This includes the creation of the Master Sword, an ancient and powerful weapon that has been a constant in the 25-year history of the Zelda series.

The game’s storyline begins in Skyloft, an island town floating high in the sky, with the action kicking off on the day before young Link is due to compete in a major bird-flying competition. The winner of the contest will earn the honor of taking part in a special ceremony with Zelda. Link and Zelda have been friends since childhood, and have always shared a special bond. Now, events in the new game will add even more depth to their relationship. At the opposite end of the scale, from friendship to enemies, Groose is Link’s nemesis from school, and he plays a significant role in the early moments of the game. Groose is a bully, who threatens Link’s chances of winning the bird-flying competition, and also harbors feelings of jealousy and resentment regarding Link’s bond with Zelda. Fi is another important character to the story that Link meets early on. The spirit of the powerful Goddess Sword, Fi’s guidance proves to be vital as Link embarks on a challenging quest that will ultimately result in the creation of the Master Sword. And finally, last but not least, we have Zelda’s father, Gaepora, who is also the headmaster of Link’s school, and a font of wisdom about Skyloft’s history and legends.

Well, that’s quite a lot of information from Nintendo for once, and they promise to release even more details about the game’s storyline and features in the weeks leading up to the launch date, so stay tuned.

Source: Nintendo

Since this is basically going to be the first Zelda game chronologically (released so far), I'd imagine Skyward Sword's story might explain how Link and Zelda are so planted in fate with eachother; which will probably have something to do with the triforce. Although, if the triforce will play a role in the story, who gets the triforce of power? Ghirahim would be the obvious pick, but now I'm getting too deep into unknown territory to contemplate further. :p

... I need to get my Wii fixed ASAP. .-.

This just keep getting better also man do you need your wii fixed your gonna die without this piece of art

Back