Nintendo Surpasses Expectations

PersianCowboy said:
This system appeals to every one, the Hardcore gamer (Red Steel, Far Cry etc.), the casual/non-gamer (Wii Sports, Elebits etc.), the sports gamer (NFL 07, Mario Strikers), plus the Nastolgic Gamer (Mario series, Zelda TP, Virtual Console). They really included everyone in their system. This is a system everyone can be able to enjoy.

Nintendo is Back.
Whats nastolgic?

Red Steel is "meh" just because the bounding box is the whole screen and not just a small box in the center like CoD3. still RS isnt too bad of a FPS

sinx said:
I played the Wii yesterday, for 8 hours with 4 friends. Was amazing. I'm dead set on getting one ASAP, and now my Xbox 360 just seems boring and unorigional. :frown2:

I'm having Wii withdrawal symptoms. :nonod:
thats a big statement, but i like it.

I just got back from the mall, and experienced the Wii for the first time. I was only able to play Excite Truck, and despite the games lack of features and online play, I had a blast. Never before on a console have I had so much fun in a racing game. It blew my socks off. The controls were so precise, easy and fun, not at all gimmicky or cheap. I couldn't believe it. Even my dad was enjoying it.

I then saw the Ps3 for the first time, sitting 2 feet away from the Wii. I have to admit, at first the graphics amazed me. But 30 seconds into the game (ironically, it was also some kind of truck racing game) the graphics "Wow" factor wore off and a Boredom factor grew in and I realized this is the same old game I've been playing for the last 12 years.

Don't get me wrong, the Wii's graphics aren't bad, just not comparable to the Ps3, but it more then makes up for it in gameplay and fun, thats why I truly believe the Wii will wiin.

PersianCowboy said:
I just can't wait for its first online FPS, and the Mario games of course.

If the Wii makes a MMORPG that would be totally freaking awesome.:thumbsup: It could have so many possibilities. (for those who don't know mmorpg stands for massive multiplayer online role playing game).

I am impressed with how well nintendo is doing now. I thought it was over after the gamecube, but Nintendo proved everyone wrong. They really had their heads on straight when they made the wii.

Back