Nintendo Wii FreeLoader question

JGuez55

WiiChat Member
Mar 9, 2008
Hey I'm new to the community. Just had a question that I need answered and hopefully will find it here.

I own a Japanese Wii, but currently live in the U.S. and not doing research (like I should have) was not aware that the Wii is not region free. I bought Super Smash Brothers Brawl today and was disappointed to see that it didn't work. I looked around the internet to see if there is anything I could do about it because I rememberd hearing about a free loader for the gamecube.

Well I found a freeloader by Datel, and was reading what people had to say about it and for the most part it works apparently.

Anyways, my question is does anyone know if this freeloader will work on my Jap Wii to make it play American games, or is that only vice versa? Thanks for your time.

i think nintendo came with an update to make the disc not start up

i could b wrong
i have a datel disc that no longer works but its not freeloader it was sd media launcher

There is a new free loader that is suppose to be unblock able. Do a bit of a search and you will find plenty about it.

Well I know that nintendo made updates to block datel's gamecube freeloader but this new wii freeloader must work perfectly since it was made recently and it is supposed to work right. And nintendo hasn't made a counter yet. So you could give it a try. Just to see if you can play you brawl.

I just got my Freeloader, and apprently the company stated, that if Nintendo block it, they will release a newer version to cover the update.
It seems completely illogical on Nintendo's side to block it.
It isnt so you can play games for free... its so you can play games that arent coming to your country anytime soon.... and for Australia, thats bloody ages!

I might get one, just need to find where I can get one (I live in the Middle East, having only just moved there, and I don't know any sites which ship to there).

Deanis said:
I just got my Freeloader, and apprently the company stated, that if Nintendo block it, they will release a newer version to cover the update.
It seems completely illogical on Nintendo's side to block it.
It isnt so you can play games for free... its so you can play games that arent coming to your country anytime soon.... and for Australia, thats bloody ages!

Btw you wii is not modded right? Just asking.

Modding is just for Cheapasses.!!!! It doesnt help nintendo succeed.

MVGeneral said:
Modding is just for Cheapasses.!!!! It doesnt help nintendo succeed.

But if I want to play EX-2 I would have to buy a J-NTSC Wii. Which is unnecessary if I got an U-NTSC wii.
EX-2 = Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX-2 and is just stupid to pay 80 dollards for a game if it's just the dvd...}

nintendo succees doesn't depend in all the games they make since...not all of the games are made by nintendo.....

Cheapasses are those who mod their wii just to download all the games and have them all..That's just useless. But if they got a really good reason that changes the situation.

Eddy04 said:
nintendo succees doesn't depend in all the games they make since...not all of the games are made by nintendo.....

No, but third part developers do pay a license fee to Nintendo.

I don't know if I should get the freeloader or wait. I can already play it at my friends (which I did for the first time today, and I can tell you, it's awesome), so I don't know if I should just wait a couple more months.

Woah woah, hold on there people, there isnt a Japanese freeloader yet!

Sorry dude, at the moment Code Junkies have two freeloaders, a EU and US version, but as of yet NO Japanese one. Your either gonna have to import Brawl from Japan, or buy an American Wii I'm afraid...

Back