Nintendo Wii FreeLoader question

I just ordered this as well as Crazy climber a Japan only release. They'll both be here within a week so I'll post a review.

I was such a crazy climber addict when it first came out (like 25 years ago I'm ancient lol) that I seriously considered modding my wii just to play it. Seems like perfect game for the wii too.

But, I'm glad this came out I've got zero intentions of pirating any software.

Last edited:
mrpurple said:
But, I'm glad this came out I've got zero intentions of pirating any software.

I agree. The only big reason for me to mod the wii was for Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX2 If this had come earlier...I wouldn't have gone to the dark side. =)

OH well..that doesn't change the fact that I only buy retail games......I love the idea of having the cases and the booklets of each game I own. :cool:

I am still not trusting fully in the FreeLoader. What if Datel don't get to create a version that surpasses the wii update?

Then they will supply all customers with who have thier receipts with a replacement which they will make, or so a spokes person said.

Jay61 said:
Then they will supply all customers with who have their receipts with a replacement which they will make, or so a spokes person said.

That sounds so good. I hope all of this is true. But then...where can you buy it? I can only buy it online so...How am I going to show receipt or any prove?

Yea I heard that too, I think we are in good hands at this rate. The high price of the discs should cover a free update if Nintendo blocks it.

As luck would have it, my freeloader came yesterday from Codejunkies and my copy of crazy climber came in today from Playasia. Just as an experiment I put the crazy climber game in first without loading the freeloader.

Nothing happened. It was like there was no disc in the will at all. So I hit eject and following the instructions on the freeloader. It autoplays. After inserting the mini disc you will see a series of colored bars go across the screen twice. Afterword you hit eject and insert the foriegn disc. I insterted crazy climber and it loaded exactly like a regular game. Its like the region lock didn't even exist.

The Game itself is pretty decent. Although, it it suprisingly more physical than most games. The instructions are in Japanese so, I just stuck it in and played it by ear. It was easy enough to play and when I got stuck, at least on the first building, the game goes into a sort of demo mode where you are shown on screen what to do with your hands. After doing that correctly a few times the games continues.

Anyways, I'm sure you are more interested in the freeloader than crazy climber. So, to sum it up it works exactly as advertised.

Back