Nintendo Wii Has Finnaly Surpassed The Xbox 360...Fastest Selling Console of all time

^Thats what I was wondering...I was going to say 'You didn't make the thread, did you?' (because I thought he was referring to Cyan) but then I got confused at his referance.

Doesn't make much sense either way...

Being a devoted nintendo fan for all these years has finally paid off! Now my friends can all eat s---!

Monsteroids said:
:lol: Yea when I say "I'm playing with my Wii" I can't help but stop and think how wrong that is. :p

I reverted to the old NES days of "I'm playing Nintendo". Sometimes I still call it a revolution.

dakuda said:
Yup, nice cut and paste job of a week old article without giving the source (post 13).

Where did you swipe the first post from?

Were you talking to me or FR?.........im still confused..

If you were talking to me, then yes...i did give out the source....you just werent reading through the pages were you? I dont blame you though..id hate to read all these pages myself!!

And if you werent talking to me and is wondering where i got it from...heres a Link: http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=130468

I think he was talking to CyanRussel, the post makes more sense when reffered to CyanRussel's post of the article. If he was talking to me, it would not make too much sense.

Wiinter said:
but how long will it take for the 3rd party games to shape-up?
Good question. I suggest e-mailing developers that same question. The more people that do, the more they will listen.

(It's better than just getting poll results and paid market analysts who are paid to analyze what they think we want.)

CyanRussel said:
So what if gamers, including the casual ones, ultimately grow tired of Wii's limited graphics and processing power in just two to three years? Analyst Michael Pachter says not to overlook Nintendo's ability to abandon the standard five year life cycle when it comes to releasing a Wii successor.

"Consumers may hope for improved graphics, and my guess is that Nintendo will comply," he says. "In two or three years, commodity prices for graphics processors and CPUs may decline to the point that a High Definition Wii could be introduced. If so, Nintendo will likely introduce one."
That is more possible than some people may think or even realize, as to my knowledge both Sony and MS took a nice big bite of that profit loss sandwich to push there console sales, while Nintendo has made a profit from every Wii they've sold.

hmmm... :)

i like all systems mostly in this order wii,xbox 360,ps3
wii is first because its just awsome
xbox 360 second because has lots of games and has halo 3
ps3 last because has less games i think and i just dont play it that much

Nintendo is going to rule the planet. Well in video games. I think they are selling alot is because they have vg games

JCpackers05 said:
i dont want to back the xbox up but...halo 3 = nerdy kids buying the system only for that game.

same thing will happen with Wii Fitness.

and Smash bros brawl

and mario galaxy......

and mario kart

possibly Nights 2

and.....well...u get the idea. on top of the fact people are STILL showing up at stores 1st thing in the morning everyday to get one...

This is great news and like many others here I think there is a decent chance that the Wii will overtake the PS2 in total console sales over the course of its lifetime.

My only concern would be regarding software sales. Many of us are more traditional gamers, so this doesn’t really apply, but given the market that Nintendo has gone after (ie the non-gamers) I’d say there is a pretty good chance that average game sales per console owner will be lower than with some other consoles.

And before anyone flames me I’d just like to say that I have had a Wii since launch day and have 7 games plus 4 controllers and 4 nunchucks so I’m totally sold on the Wii, I just think that there is a long way to go in this ‘war’ and the people who have bought the console who aren’t hard-core gamers are probably less likely to buy lots of games.

Fingers crossed for the future… really looking forward to Metroid Prime 3!

I read this entire thread so far and I see that some people still don't get it.
It was touched on with the last post.

The Wii's target audience is much much larger than any PS or XBox target was or ever will be. The people buying Wii's will most likely not be the people that are going to be on these forums with the fanboys. They won't be buying the single player games or massive on-line games. The market is the non-traditional gamer, who will buy 3-4 games and play them with friends and family. Gamers who haven't bought a console in over a decade (like myself). You know, people who played video games at the mall before most of your parents were out of braces.

As someone posted earlier in the thread, the Xbox and PS consoles has maybe a few 100 million possible buyers. The Wii has almost the entire rest of the world.

After WiiFit comes out, every "soccer mom" in the U.S. will want a Wii. All the people who are going to buy the 360 for Halo 3, already have their console.

All my friends were saying how gay it was before it was released. Now most of them are making plans to get one, or already have.

I still wonder what they'll do for the next gen. Maybe they will just improve graphics and such. But don't think so. Playstation 3 already copied the motion sensor thing with their controller, so we can expect Playstation to keep motion sensing in their next console. Xbox 360 will probably also add motion sensing to their next console, seeing the popularity of the wii. So the next Playstation and Xbox will both be like super powered Wii's, without Mario, of course. We all know Nintendo likes to bring new ideas to video gaming, as seen with the Wii, so the next console will be even more revolutionary. Going further than motion sensing (taste and smell?:lol:).

Back