Nuclear war real or not?

Whether it will occur would require further details.

A time machine would prove quite helpful. :lol:

Back on the subject of gang violence gaining power: Wouldn't that count as a form of government rebellion?

Technically and literally, I don't think so. By definition rebellion is the refusal of obedience as well as aiming to replace the government with your own ideals and personnel; I think they'd just outright destroy the government. As for the literal sense, gangs are obviously ambitious, but for the point of obtaining wealth and material objects. They don't really care for political power or control, and probably wouldn't aim to go waking snakes by attacking the huddled-in-safety government to take over either. It's not like the government in it's own right has much to offer, and I don't think they'd want to charge head on into the army for supplies alone...

If the government was truly destroyed to the point of being unable to rebuild itself until all the chaos and such wears down, I still wouldn't think gangs would go for surviving politicians, even if they weren't greatly protected.

Although at the same time, if you could classify what gangs already are doing as rebellion (breaking countless laws is pretty clear to be a refusal of obedience, I'd say), you could say their current rebellion will just carry on over.

They don't really care for political power or control, and probably wouldn't aim to go waking snakes by attacking the huddled-in-safety government to take over either.
lolwut?
Decades of gang activity in Mexico has proved the opposite.

Having moles on the inside to get information and do some dirty business, as well as controlling law enforcement via corruption has nothing to do with my point. :p As you've established (a few too many times >_>) gangs won't have any need for this in the event of a nuclear apocalypse... Unless they've already infected a government as badly as, indeed, Mexico and such.

Having moles on the inside to get information and do some dirty business, as well as controlling law enforcement via corruption has nothing to do with my point. :p As you've established (a few too many times >_>) gangs won't have any need for this in the event of a nuclear apocalypse... Unless they've already infected a government as badly as, indeed, Mexico and such.
Indeed, some of the poorer countries are under gang control while the 1st world governments aren't, what are your thoughts on the outcome?

In the event of nuclear apocalypse, governments controlled by criminals wouldn't be governments anymore. Any funds, supplies, etc. they possess they'd hog for themselves. Basically such governments would eliminate any person not bought out, merge with the gangs they're related to, and become a hub for said criminals to easily live while looting anything they come across, turning from a corrupt government into an organization of parasitical policy.

Or, if they have any true intellects among their control (if you can buy opinions, you can buy smarts), continue the farce that they're politicians and use the cover of the nigh-end of the world to snuff out anyone not on their side, and if a government ever becomes important in the social structure in the long future, they'l have complete control. An investment of sorts, really.

Back