Official Baseball Talk

Less than an hour before I get to see my Red Sox play Oakland in the first MLB game of the season!! It sucks that they are playing Japan...

Yea, I don't know why they would do that, and a week before anyone else plays. I think it was a half baked idea by people in power in the MLB. It's on right now, 3:32 am, but I'm not interested enough to get up and watch it. (I'm tired)

I am glad that it is starting though, basketball was beginning to annoy me, I need diversity with my sports.

ahh yes the season is starting, well atleast for 2 teams. And yea i agree with u guys that it is a half a$$ idea to start it a week before the rest of the league.

Also how comfortable is everyone with there favorite team?

Im a lil up in the air with a few things for the Mets. First is the 5th spot for the rotation with Pelfrey and El Duque gettin rocked there last outing. And also the corner outfield, Alou is bound to go on the DL for most of the season and Church hasnt shown he can hit lefties. Other then that i just hope we stay healthy and have a good season.

I'm interested to see how the Yankees pitching will do with all the young guys thrown in there. Let's hope we don't have a repeat of last year where we have to use like 15 different starting pitchers in the month of April...

Bliss said:
ahh yes the season is starting, well atleast for 2 teams. And yea i agree with u guys that it is a half a$$ idea to start it a week before the rest of the league.

Also how comfortable is everyone with there favorite team?

Im a lil up in the air with a few things for the Mets. First is the 5th spot for the rotation with Pelfrey and El Duque gettin rocked there last outing. And also the corner outfield, Alou is bound to go on the DL for most of the season and Church hasnt shown he can hit lefties. Other then that i just hope we stay healthy and have a good season.
I'm liking our pitching rotation, as always, over here in San Diego, but I think we still need to get some bats, our pitching is what saved us, with the best team ERA in all of baseball. 741 runs scored vs. 666 runs allowed. We lost Cameron and Bradley, who were arguably the better or the bats in the lineup besides Gonzalez. We did pick up Edmonds, but who knows how much longer he can play, I hope he still has a bit of a bat, but we will see.

I was just looking at the depth chart and Edmonds isn't even listed as a starter. :wtf: Also just noticed we got rid of Marcus Giles and picked up Tadahito Iguchi, which I'm not too sure about just yet. Ugh, Padres...

blueovalboy7 said:
:wtf: Also just noticed we got rid of Marcus Giles and picked up Tadahito Iguchi, which I'm not too sure about just yet. Ugh, Padres...

Iguchi is a good pick up, he is a soild player and should be fine. Although Giles himself was a player who loved to get dirty. But i think Iguchi will be fine.

Woohoo, Red Sox came out on top this morning! Close game all the way through the 10th inning!!!

I love the Cubs. I hope they win every game this year. I went to the first night game ever at Wrigley. I was young and it was magical. Go Cubs!

My first and only contribution to a sports thread evar:
Blue Jays FTW.
Amirite Brandon?! y/y?

dakuda said:
Iguchi is pretty consistent. He hit for power in Japan, but Ozzie moved him to the #2 spot on the White Sox. He was able to fill that roll well. I don't know why the White Sox traded him for a bag of balls.

hence why i said he was a good pick up

dakuda said:
Iguchi is pretty consistent. He hit for power in Japan, but Ozzie moved him to the #2 spot on the White Sox. He was able to fill that roll well. I don't know why the White Sox traded him for a bag of balls.

As for all the talk about Prior: he did lead the league, with Kerry Wood, for simulated towel-tossing games the past few years. That means he will lead the league in simulated games again. He has good stuff, but the injury bug has held him back quite a bit.
I had heard good things about Iguchi, I just haven't seen anything first hand yet so I'll wait to make judgment on that.

As for Prior, I keep hearing good things, I just hope he can deliver somewhat this year. I'd be happy with 12 wins from him, say a 12-12 season I could put up with considering the amount of injuries he has gone through in the past few years.

Going back to Giles, he was a great infielder, but his bat was terrible the last couple years, and from what I hear Iguchi is a better overall hitter by far.

Bad news for Angels' fans, Kelvim Escobar has a right shoulder tear, which may be career threatening. Surgery is a possibility at this point and not a necessity just yet. He's a great pitcher, 18 game winner last year, I hope for his sake and that of Angel fans that he is able to return after rehab.

Last edited:
blueovalboy7 said:
Bad news for Angels' fans, Kelvim Escobar has a right shoulder tear, which may be career threatening. Surgery is a possibility at this point and not a necessity just yet. He's a great pitcher, 18 game winner last year, I hope for his sake and that of Angel fans that he is able to return after rehab.

yea just heard about that, damn thats a shame. Such a talented player to go down like that.

S.S. said:
Crap, that's not a good sign of things to come...
I wouldn't get your panties in too much of a bunch just yet, the Angels are still a solid club and are still favored by some analysts to win the West, even with this news.

Back