Official Graphics Comments & Criticism

Yeah, I used to do that but found it better in the middle once I advanced.

Actually, C4Ds don't always match the sig and render placement is determined by the flow. Depending on how you want the flow of the sig to be, you may place it on the left, right, center, you may rotate it a bit, duplicate it: render placement is never set in stone. ;)

Yeah, your right :)

I just usually put mine in the middle.

Geez, I don't know where to turn to get better. I don't want to do animation, I want to get really awesome at still sigs. I don't want to whine, but I honestly have no clue of how to progress. :(

ssbb_lover said:
Geez, I don't know where to turn to get better. I don't want to do animation, I want to get really awesome at still sigs. I don't want to whine, but I honestly have no clue of how to progress. :(
Practice makes better so just keep on trying and eventually you'll get better. Try to write down ideas of what you want your sig to be about and then put it all together.

ssbb_lover said:
Gamerenders tutorials. I've seen them change lives. XP Seriously though, they'll help. Just don't become too dependent of them.

KCBlack said:
Gamerenders tutorials. I've seen them change lives. XP Seriously though, they'll help. Just don't become too dependent of them.
I don't, sometimes i'll just see how to do something i've been wanting to know how to do, leave the tut and do my own thing.

Now normally, I would take your advice; one problem. I registered for an account and they never sent me an email (everything I filled out was CORRECT, I quintuple checked the email part :lol: ). I tried twice yesterday, and once about 2 months ago. Any reasons as to why?

ssbb_lover said:
I don't, sometimes i'll just see how to do something i've been wanting to know how to do, leave the tut and do my own thing.

Now normally, I would take your advice; one problem. I registered for an account and they never sent me an email (everything I filled out was CORRECT, I quintuple checked the email part :lol: ). I tried twice yesterday, and once about 2 months ago. Any reasons as to why?
Nope. Maybe there's a problem with gamerenders? Try contacting one of the staff.

KCBlack said:
Nope. Maybe there's a problem with gamerenders? Try contacting one of the staff.
So no one's been able to post for the whole year of 2007? (I remember now, I actually sent it in DECEMBER) They've been losing a ton of members if that's true...

I've been busy lately, but I guess I can do a little showcase of some of my favorite things I've made.

twilightlove_banner.png

magnacarta_banner.png

greenranger_banner.png

pheonix_banner.gif

rainkiss_banner.gif

addictedlove_banner.png

redranger_banner.png

bellamy_banner.png

deartragedy_banner.gif

hatewolverine_banner.gif

gymabstract_banner.gif

DarkPrince_banner.gif

vbanner.gif

Viola.

What do you mean? ImageReady has all the same color tools and pallet options as Photoshop.

I need to do my image by ImageReady and that belongs to Photoshop as well, but I don't know how to change the RGB colors of my image when I am in ImageReady.

wiicanchangetheworld said:
My Notes For a Good Sig.

Make a sig around 380x110.
Place the render in the middle.
Always add a c4d.
Use Color Balance/Brightness/Contrast.
Use Glass/Spatter around the sig.
Smudge (Blur the edges) your render in the sig.
Use Burn/Dodge/Sponge tool.
I'm going to have to fundamentally disagree with your "notes" here. While they may be what you choose to limit yourself to they are by no means any indicator of a "good" sig.

Make a sig around 380x110.
I've said it before, I'll say it again:
Size doesn't matter.
Place the render in the middle.
Scratch that whole idealogy. Renders should be placed where they look best. I've made plenty of sigs with the renders offset to the sides; and a few with no render at all.
Always add a c4d.
A C4D isn't always necessary, in fact, if used incorrectly (IE, if you're just going around adding them everywhere) they can greatly subtract from a sig.
Use Glass/Spatter around the sig.
Smudge (Blur the edges) your render in the sig.
Use Burn/Dodge/Sponge tool.
That's great -- assuming you want to spend the rest of your life making one kind of sig.

Look, follow these guidelines and you end up with a standard, run-of-the-mill sig just like every other piece of work tossed together without thought or concern.

----------

demonflair said:
I need to do my image by ImageReady and that belongs to Photoshop as well, but I don't know how to change the RGB colors of my image when I am in ImageReady.
Why do you need to do it in ImageReady? If you're just trying to add animation to a sig or something you can make the image in Photoshop and then port it over into ImageReady to do the animation.

Back