Official "Which Game Should I Buy Or Rent"

Is Endless Ocean any good? I'm thinking about that or waiting for Okami wii. I can only buy one though.

jl559 said:
Is Endless Ocean any good? I'm thinking about that or waiting for Okami wii. I can only buy one though.

My two children (age 3 and 6) both love Endless Ocean. That being said, I'm not particularly fond of it. I prefer to play games that have some clear objective. There are some loose goals in this game, but it mostly involves swimming around and looking for new fish.

My husband is nearly to the end of Resident Evil 4. What do you recommend he rent vs. buy next: Umbrella Chronicles, Tomb Raider, or Zach & Wiki? (These are the 3 games he is considering.)

^ I would say Zack and Wiki. Although I haven't played the other two. Zack and Wiki is more of a challenging puzzle game. Tomb Raider is kind of an adventure game. Umbrella Chronicles is a on rails shooter (you aren't free to move wherever you want, you just shoot). I would say rent Umbrella Chronicles, buy Zack and Wiki, and do some research on tomb raider to see if it'd be something he'd like. Zack and Wiki is definitely a good buy since its $30 now. I saw Tomb Raider for $20 on amazon but I think the price went back up, if you could get it for $20 it'd probably be worth it.

jl559 said:

I'm 23, I love it. It's hard to explain the allure, I believe if you're watched some videos and read up about what the game is about and you're still interested then you'll like the game. If you watch a few videos and read up and aren't interested, then it might not be for you.

Last edited:
alright i want to buy a game with "heroes" in the name but i can't find either of them

so i want to buy another one

i'm thinking about zack and wiki, NiGHTS, and Mario and sonic atog

which ones do you guys recommend?

*Gymnast* said:
Mario party wii, is it worth a rental?

Yeah it's pretty good, worth the rental but don;t you even think about buying it, not good enough for 50$.:yesnod:

I don know if i should get zelda, metroid, or medal of honor heroes 2, or maybe just some random game. ANy suggestions

Bowserizer said:
Is Zach and Wiki really that good, what do you do that makes it so great?

It's basically a game with puzzles. Each level is a glorified puzzle. What makes it neat is how they are varied and how much you can do with the wiimote. Theres some slight comedy and such thrown in. The puzzles can be frustrating at times too, but its really satisfying when you're stumped and figure something out. Capcom did a great job making a variety of levels and varied uses for items. The level designs are really smart and well thought out.

The best description I could give is that it is like Myst (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myst_(video_game)) with Windwaker graphics. Except that instead of one big world with puzzles, you have tons of levels with smaller puzzles.

If you've ever played the hapland flash games. Its kind of like that.

http://www.foon.co.uk/farcade/

Ooooo, hapland 1 and 2, didn't realize there was a hapland 3 now.

Skorp said:
It's basically a game with puzzles. Each level is a glorified puzzle. What makes it neat is how they are varied and how much you can do with the wiimote. Theres some slight comedy and such thrown in. The puzzles can be frustrating at times too, but its really satisfying when you're stumped and figure something out. Capcom did a great job making a variety of levels and varied uses for items. The level designs are really smart and well thought out.

The best description I could give is that it is like Myst (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myst_(video_game)) with Windwaker graphics. Except that instead of one big world with puzzles, you have tons of levels with smaller puzzles.

If you've ever played the hapland flash games. Its kind of like that.

http://www.foon.co.uk/farcade/

Ooooo, hapland 1 and 2, didn't realize there was a hapland 3 now.
sounds good! maybe i'll rent it to make sure

London Taxi: Rush Hour is releasing today in the U.S. Has anybody played it yet? (It came out earlier in Europe.) I'm intrigued by the concept of this game (racing around London) and the price is nice ($19.99). Help me decide whether this game is worth buying.

Back