Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
Oh its true
Oh yes its true
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=183761

The Valve team also recently confirmed (by accident) that a second Portal game is in the works (and Lombardi has since officially stated to CVG that "more Portal is coming"), so combined with the Counter-Strike sequel and Half-Life 2: Episode Three, could we be looking at the early stages of what might be an Orange Box Two?

"I just don't think that [Counter-Strike 2] would be a good fit [with a second Orange Box]," piped in Valve overlord Gabe Newell, noting that CS2 would be a stand-alone game to him.

"But if I get 15,000 emails from customers in response to this interview telling me 'Of course it should be in [the next Orange Box],' then of course we'll pay attention to that." We think he'll regret saying that...

More portal is allways a good thing

I never cared for Portal, it was a nice innovative game, but nothing I would buy alone. I never even finished the first one.

I heard Valve talking about making Counter-Strike 2 and wondering if they should make basically the same game as the older one with newer stuff like Team Fortress 2 or a whole new game from scratch.

I enjoyed portal, quite a bit actually. The cake is a lie!!! If it was longer and had different modes I would consider buying it on its own.

I also think it would be cool to throw in CS2 with Orange Box 2.

I thought the second Orange Box was gonna go by the Orange Box's first title before it was released; The Black Box.
Could be wrong though.

Either way, CS2 in a package would be good for me.
I would never consider buying CS alone, just like I didn't really give two shits about TF2 when I bought the Orange Box (But I ended up becoming obsessed with the damned thing. Beyond addicting, it is.). But if CS2 does come with the bundle, that'd be great considering I would be able to see what's so great about the series/game without actually technically buying it. I would just buy this for Ep. 3 and Portal 2.

I do think it would be a good idea to include CS2 in this bundle, if all it's gonna have without it is Ep. 3 and Portal 2. I mean, the first Box came with a hell of a lot of content, what with it having all of HL2 up until that point.
The next Box would be a letdown if it only had two games.

Now that I've put my two cents in, I'm off to bed.
Good to be back everyone.

Last edited:
This would be awesome, but we know how Valve is with promising things...I mean, last time they promised a patch for the 360 they said we would be getting it in December. We got it in March.

The only thing I liked about the first one was Portal so if there was a second one I wouldn't get it.

Back