Overheated xbox 360

icyoooppplaa

Crushed Ice
Jun 8, 2007
Maryland
Wii Online Code
7520-1748-8739-4891
My xbox 360 elite(not sure if elite matters) is overheating. I can't play it for more than 3-10 minutes in a game. But it works for about 20 minutes when Im on dashboard. I have had my xbox for 2 years and I believe the warranty is 1 year unless its red ring. This has also been going on for the past 2-3 months so its not a just now problem.

Now I'm putting it on the only air vent in my room and it works perfectly(rarely overheats when playing nazi zombies though). Since its the only air vent my room get VERY HOT so I want to do something else with it.

What do I do in this situation?

P.S. I'm poor so buying a new xbox is not an option right now.

Call Microsoft and ask them what the problem is and how you can fix it (If possible).

Yea, the only thing u can do is call them and hope they will fix it or give some kind of fix. There's nothing outside of modding your xbox that u can do to keep it cooler. There are fans u can buy for your 360 but those will just kill your xbox because it works against the turbines already put on your Xbox and/or it just pulls more current. So unless u can put a fan that runs on it's own power and cut a whole in your xbox so that u can put the fan in a spot that isn't the back, there's nothing u can do.

Or get fans that blow INTO your xbox suction vents. (The sides).

But it sounds like ur Xbox is overheating at an unusual pace, which is a technical problem. So call them up and pray they will do something (they probably wont). If not, try modding cuz there's nothing u can do outside of modding unless u buy a new one which is only $200 right now, so that's good. But you're short on cash so that sucks too.

try getting a chill pad, their designed for laptops but i hear they can do wonders for your xbox.

no idea what the cost is though.

It was doing it for me, too. It was only doing it on one game though, Call of Duty: World at War. It recently stopped for some odd reason though, I have no clue why. I moved my fan closer to it so that the air would circulate better, maybe thats it.

My room is always room temperature so it doesn't do that. Your best bet is to get a couple fans and put them around your 360. Whatever you do, don't take the 360 apart or else it'll break the warranty with M$. Only take it apart if you know what you're doing.

Yea, the only thing u can do is call them and hope they will fix it or give some kind of fix. There's nothing outside of modding your xbox that u can do to keep it cooler. There are fans u can buy for your 360 but those will just kill your xbox because it works against the turbines already put on your Xbox and/or it just pulls more current. So unless u can put a fan that runs on it's own power and cut a whole in your xbox so that u can put the fan in a spot that isn't the back, there's nothing u can do.

Or get fans that blow INTO your xbox suction vents. (The sides).

But it sounds like ur Xbox is overheating at an unusual pace, which is a technical problem. So call them up and pray they will do something (they probably wont). If not, try modding cuz there's nothing u can do outside of modding unless u buy a new one which is only $200 right now, so that's good. But you're short on cash so that sucks too.

Thanks alot for posting this advice.

I was going to get one very soon,so it's lucky i read this.
Now i'll go with that cool pad that Rob posted.

room temperature, from my definition is anything that's a comfortable condition. No need for A/C or heater.

Way to attack something unnecessary though. Good job, Sprinter; you're a wealth of information.

Your room is room temperature? If A room is NOT room temperature, what exactly would it be? Sorry I point out stupidity when I see it. Now you are sarcastically saying I am a wealth of information... When you are the one pointing out that your room is room temperature... Now THAT is truly a wealth of information you shared there!

Next...

Your room is room temperature? If A room is NOT room temperature, what exactly would it be? Sorry I point out stupidity when I see it. Now you are sarcastically saying I am a wealth of information... When you are the one pointing out that your room is room temperature... Now THAT is truly a wealth of information you shared there!

Next...

You must be a person who stays secluded and are not that socialable... "Room Temperture" does not actually mean the temperature of your room. "Room Temperature" refers to a temperature that is deemed "Confortable" Usually this temperature is around 70 degrees Farenheit, but this is relative as everyone is different. But it is usually along 70...

Ummm yeah not sociable, ok then...

Guess I am the only person on the planet that thinks when somebody points out that their room is "room temperature" you don't read that and go, "well no ****!?!?!"

That's one of the dumbest sayings of all time. What's next? My green grass is green?

At any rate, I doubt there are any rooms out there that are room temperature, that are going to cause a 360 to overheat in my most places this time of year... Unless your room is in hell, and it's room temperature there...

I guess my room is never room temperature, or at least very rarely, cuz I like it lower than 72...

Back