Pay to Play may help Smash online out a bit?

bamblakopz

SSBB 0688-4932-4039 BAM-
Dec 12, 2007
Hyrule
Wii Online Code
5768-6741-0422-9558
YOu all know what pay to play is right? If not here's a quick explanation. Nintendo can't make online free forever... So, in a little while, Nintendo will have a system called PAY 2 PLAY! If you don't get the pay to play you can still do a bunch of on-line things. And every game that we have so far doesn't have anything to do with it. If you do get pay 2 play they said there will be a bunch of extra cool things to do online. I am hoping for a username, mic., and stats all around.
So, once the pay to play thing comes out then maybe Smash bros will have an online update where the ppl with pay 2 play will be able to play ranked games. Maybe there will be the friends section, the anyone section, and the pay 2 play ranked section. And even a leader board for these people.
What do you guys think? Is Smash bros brawl done? Or is this a possibility to make online rock!

Thats actually not a bad idea that would make it really awsome especially the mic part that would also most likely make other people want to buy a wii cause i know that one reason people got turned off by the wii was the fact that you cant talk to another player....But how much do you think they would charge? Also do you think they would let you pay with the wii points card for those people who cant get a credit card? That would make alot more sense....

I dont know it might do something but it looks like u answered you own question when u said...

bamblakopz said:
And every game that we have so far doesn't have anything to do with it.

laharyl said:
Thats actually not a bad idea that would make it really awsome especially the mic part that would also most likely make other people want to buy a wii cause i know that one reason people got turned off by the wii was the fact that you cant talk to another player....But how much do you think they would charge? Also do you think they would let you pay with the wii points card for those people who cant get a credit card? That would make alot more sense....

Thats how you buy it... Through your Wii points. :D

Bliss said:
I dont know it might do something but it looks like u answered you own question when u said...

I'm hoping for an update of some sort.

thats bull for me becuase my parent wont allow me to use credit card and why would i pay for a online -_-?
its just a game and i already payed for the game and im not paying more for online....

Brawl won't have Pay to Play since nintendo confirmed that ALL games that will have pay to play will have a RED nintendo wifi logo ... all games that are COMPLETELY free wil lhave the normal blue one...

in addition, i believe that the pay to play games will either involve downloadable content (which means normal online play is free but some things will cost) however seeing how nintendo is not impelmenting an external HDD it would be unlikel so more likely would be MMO's

I still don't see why they can't have an update that makes it so that both pay 2 play users and normal wi-fi users could play brawl onling but the pay to play users get extra stuff like rankings and stuff

bamblakopz said:
I still don't see why they can't have an update that makes it so that both pay 2 play users and normal wi-fi users could play brawl onling but the pay to play users get extra stuff like rankings and stuff
because intendo announced that if there was pay to play it would have a spcificed logo ... if they just implemented it on a game with the Nomral wifi logo advertised they would into a lot of trouble.... people would start saying they got the game because of only free online gaming ... and how nintendo is lying all the time.... their stocks would go down ... some lawyer may find it possible to sue for compensation and lots of ppl will join in the act .... etc...

Clish said:
because intendo announced that if there was pay to play it would have a spcificed logo ... if they just implemented it on a game with the Nomral wifi logo advertised they would into a lot of trouble.... people would start saying they got the game because of only free online gaming ... and how nintendo is lying all the time.... their stocks would go down ... some lawyer may find it possible to sue for compensation and lots of ppl will join in the act .... etc...
IT IS FREE ONLINE!!! Its just that if you wanted to have ranking and such, u can pay.....

I'm hoping for a SSBB Channel, kinda like the Mario Kart Channel with leaderboards and stuff. That'd be cool

bamblakopz said:
IT IS FREE ONLINE!!! Its just that if you wanted to have ranking and such, u can pay.....
no.. that would be Partially free online, as you wont' have access to parts of the "online experience" ... those would have red logo's

the normal ones are COMPLETELY free online which means you don't have the pay anything to gain the "full online experience"

nintendo differentiated the two and thus it would not be possible now... unless they don't care about their reputation and lawsuits...

I would have absolutely no problem with paying a few bucks a month to play smash online. It's the only game I can think of that I'd say that about (mario kart pending). BUT, online would have to be worth it. I don't want to pay and then ***** about it. It would have to be xboxlive-ish in quality.

If Nintendo is holding out and planning on doing something like that, now is a good time to get into my wallet.

Clish said:
no.. that would be Partially free online, as you wont' have access to parts of the "online experience" ... those would have red logo's

the normal ones are COMPLETELY free online which means you don't have the pay anything to gain the "full online experience"

nintendo differentiated the two and thus it would not be possible now... unless they don't care about their reputation and lawsuits...

I don't know... You could have it that the non pay to play users don't even see a new option... so that it doesn't even get in the way! I don't see how they could get sued for something like this... Y not have an exception?

Back