Poems for all

HyPeRsHoCk said:
I mean wow as in this is kind of sad...making e-poems...but w/e you guys want to do you do...
What are you talking about? :shocked:

Z3wpk said:
And dude you should take time on your writing it really does help I mean yea you could just fix it up but still. :smilewinkgrin: lol

Oh shut up:lol: I told you it was spur of the moment, what did you expect morrison, browning or Auden, I'm a Wii fanboy for christ sake thats as good as it gets LMAO.........

Thanks for reading and writing dude, it's awesome to run across intelligent people.....

Here, something a bit more polished, just for you.

DESIRE

IT LOVES
IT FEELS
SOMETIMES IT STEALS
IT'S PAIN
IT'S SORROW
IT'S DEATH ON THE MORROW
IT'S LAUGHTER
IT'S JOY
SOMETIMES A TOY
IT'S HATE
IT'S FEAR
IT'S ALWAYS NEAR
IT'S ALL THESE THINGS
TO OUR IRE
BUT MOST OF ALL
IT'S OUR DESIRE​

ElronMac said:
Oh shut up:lol: I told you it was spur of the moment, what did you expect morrison, browning or Auden, I'm a Wii fanboy for christ sake thats as good as it gets LMAO.........

Thanks for reading and writing dude, it's awesome to run across intelligent people.....

Here, something a bit more polished, just for you.

DESIRE

IT LOVES
IT FEELS
SOMETIMES IT STEALS
IT'S PAIN
IT'S SORROW
IT'S DEATH ON THE MORROW
IT'S LAUGHTER
IT'S JOY
SOMETIMES A TOY
IT'S HATE
IT'S FEAR
IT'S ALWAYS NEAR
IT'S ALL THESE THINGS
TO OUR IRE
BUT MOST OF ALL
IT'S OUR DESIRE​
No No I'm expecting gods to come down when you write because it's sooo...... godly? Lol I get it, it was spur of the moment.:lol:

And that was pretty good. I like repetition like that. Short but really has a meaning to it.

I actually just whiped something up.

Having To See It

Having seen the hell he has put you through

You just don't realize he's walking all over you

You say its not that bad over and over again

But why cant it be like it was back then

I feel your pain you just don't know it yet

When you're around him it shouldn't make you sweat

He treats you like dirt and tears us apart

It takes more than a man and half of a heart

The mask he has on doesn't fool me

Behind closed doors he beats you I see

The horror it takes to walk in your shoes

With the chains you're in it's hard to choose

You're dead! You're Dead! He shouts with a knife

But he just doesn't know yet he's scarred for life​

Its pretty harsh at the end but it does have a true meaning.

Very nice, although I really think that would make a better song, you know what I mean?? it's got rhythm for it and it is very harsh. Nice though, for spur of the moment, although i must admit I was looking for something more along the lines of Yeates or Frost, but this will do....lol

Last edited:
Ha you thought wrong my friend lol. But yea my friends always say that I should make songs since I do also play guitar and stuff like that but I dunno. I've never really known what to do with my life and right now I'm in this artsy type face which I am absolutely loving.

Z3wpk said:
Ha you thought wrong my friend lol. But yea my friends always say that I should make songs since I do also play guitar and stuff like that but I dunno. I've never really known what to do with my life and right now I'm in this artsy type face which I am absolutely loving.

Dude, you said artsy...lol

ok that was the 13 year old fanboy in my head, don't pay him any attention. And don't worry about what you want to do with your life, it will figure itself out sooner or later I guarantee it. just stay gold, thats all that really matters

not to stray to far off topic, but who is your favorite poet? Top three for me are Jim Morrison, Auden and Elizabeth Berret Browning, I actually have one of her books that is a first edition, over a hundred years old now and I still read it...

ROB64 said:
i found another one by my friend. i hope she doesn't mind me posting them:scared:

And from this earth
Rose flames
The fire of rebirth
Not unlike my soul
Arisen from the cold
I was dreaming that I dreamt
Reaping what I had wept
But I was waking now
In the cool sunlight
That lit up your eyes
Covered the skies
With hope
With love
Your gentle smile
Stay just awhile
With me and see
That there is more than life

awesome!!!

here is one of mine. i post them sometimes on my blog, random lines i feel are post worthy. most make it into songs i write or something.

in this contrast of hot and cold
i can't seem to find a middle ground
in this battle of new and old
i can't seem to gain a thing. (this isn't about what you think)
if you listen intently
you can hear the sound of honesty
and honestly, it seems hard for me
to take anything so seriously as others
perceive them to be..

i wish you could have my eyes

my life is no game
but i would be the rope
in some tug of war
where obviously i can never win

can i honestly do anything?

am i just the rope in a war game?
i opt to shake
not hit, but they don't go for it
then they would be on the same side..
i hope you hear this and forgive
cause you owe it to yourself
to let it go.

i hope to frequent this thread a lot! let me know what you think of my stuff.

ElronMac said:
Dude, you said artsy...lol

ok that was the 13 year old fanboy in my head, don't pay him any attention. And don't worry about what you want to do with your life, it will figure itself out sooner or later I guarantee it. just stay gold, thats all that really matters

not to stray to far off topic, but who is your favorite poet? Top three for me are Jim Morrison, Auden and Elizabeth Berret Browning, I actually have one of her books that is a first edition, over a hundred years old now and I still read it...

i totally heart e e cummings, and also a bunch of peeps i can't remember. whose the samuel guy who wrote like proverb type things? was his name samuel? i dunno. any one who can change the world with words is ok in my book. just don't read my lines like they end in a question or something when they don't even if it makes them more "poetic"

EDIT: SAUL WILLIAMS is the man! read some of his stuff.

Theres a ton of poets I like, Vikram Seth is a good example of my favorite type of work. Billy Collins is also really good.

*pounces on a mouse*
my mind is dry right now i can't think of any poems right now

Back