Pokemon X/Y

not-amused1_zps32a328cd.jpg

youre funny but im funnier

So XY continues the trend of being the most recent lowest selling game in the series.

What a sad decline... but I feel it's Justified. XY was lacking.

XY really seem to cut down on its experience. Feels too short, even with the Looker side-quest.
To anyone who has extensive knowledge and experience of previous titles; how would you rank XY compared to any of them in context of the amount of content they offer?

Very low. For those wanting to complete their Pokedex in-game, without tradin' a million times on GTS/with yourself, it's the biggest package by far... the roster'a Pokes you can find is amazin'. It's the reason why I took so long t' complete the game, and actually bein' on the hunt for hundreds of species in a single game was really enjoyable for me. But if you ain't tryin' to catch 'em all, the game really is lackin' in playtime... and the post-game is utterly empty. The transition to 3D was unkind t' XY, as all'a that new grandeur graphics-ing took up too much development time. Or at least, I hope that's the case, and they didn't intentionally release the game with lackluster amounts of to-play content.

I think, though not sure, B/W had a challenge tower of some sort that had allowed you to challenge so many previous known characters. Beauty contests were also a thing? The story also differed more than XY, so I'm told.

B/W had the Battle Subway, which is essentially a Battle Tower, aye. B/W2 had both the Subway and the new thing that let ya battle old characters. A tournament thing. Never did do that...

Pokemon Contests were a thing in RSE and DPP, but BW1/2 replaced 'em with Pokemon Musicals... it's terribad, trust me. BW2 also had Pokestar Studios, which wasn't quite as terribad but still terribad. XY has no such thing... 'less you count these, which is definitely better than the aforementioned two.

At least they are trying to do something different

Took 'em long enough.

I wonder if Zygrade is connected to Rayquaza?
Both are equalizers of two legendarys
and both are opposites of each other (one is in the air and the other is on the ground)

no one took me srsly when i mentioned such things Dx

So. After thinking about it for a bit, it seems that I actually hate game freak. Bleh.

sig-worthy

It has been announced that there will be several special distributions of the Unova Starters in Japan. These distributions are unique in that they offer these starters with their Hidden Abilities. They will be distributed through Serial Code. On December 28th, a code for Serperior with Contrary will be given on Pokémon Get☆TV and can be redeemed from January 9th to November 30th. This Serperior has the moves Leaf Storm, Hold Back, Wring Out & Giga Drain.

about damn time

get ready for the top of OU

I have to ask: Thoughts on Youkai Watch? The series seems to be hell-bent on taking Pokemon's spotlight in Japan.
to be honest with you, I know a grand total of zero information about youkai watch. I've heard of it, but nothing more.

Back