Pokemon X/Y

uiI7TQ4.png

Don't know why I posted it on this thread but still

My 3DS has been perpetually on and I have only used a single demo use as such.

i hope that isnt bad for the battery

I have better things to do with my time than look up obscure competitive sets lolno

damn right you dont

nothing is moar important than competitivelucas

My 3DS has been perpetually on and I have only used a single demo use as such.

i hope that isnt bad for the battery
I did that for my Project X Zone and Fawr Emblam demos. Now they're unrivaled in the "longest average time played" part of my Activity Log...

I'm only using up my Smash demo because the full game will be out faster than I have to waste all 30 uses. Plus, I'm not on my 3DS when I have RD.
And I've only played the demo once too.

competitivelucas
not-amused1_zps32a328cd.jpg

Last edited:
So XY continues the trend of being the most recent lowest selling game in the series. Perhaps the devs may be encouraged to try to actually improve future titles in a subsequent release? Alas, I cannot say that I see that happening either. They just seem to be releasing games as frequently as possible to milk the franchise as much as they can before interest in the games go completely poof.

I still blame the fans.

So XY continues the trend of being the most recent lowest selling game in the series. Perhaps the devs may be encouraged to try to actually improve future titles in a subsequent release? Alas, I cannot say that I see that happening either. They just seem to be releasing games as frequently as possible to milk the franchise as much as they can before interest in the games go completely poof.
alas, game freak seems intent on continuing their trend of sucking
you know they have problems when even one of their biggest fans cannot deny their laziness

I still love the games but anyone with their eyes or ears intact could tell that they need to step it up, it has been long enough

XY really seem to cut down on its experience. Feels too short, even with the Looker side-quest.
To anyone who has extensive knowledge and experience of previous titles; how would you rank XY compared to any of them in context of the amount of content they offer?

I think, though not sure, B/W had a challenge tower of some sort that had allowed you to challenge so many previous known characters. Beauty contests were also a thing? The story also differed more than XY, so I'm told.

Emerald was my last poke, so I just want an opinion.

XY really seem to cut down on its experience. Feels too short, even with the Looker side-quest.
To anyone who has extensive knowledge and experience of previous titles; how would you rank XY compared to any of them in context of the amount of content they offer?

I think, though not sure, B/W had a challenge tower of some sort that had allowed you to challenge so many previous known characters. Beauty contests were also a thing? The story also differed more than XY, so I'm told.

Emerald was my last poke, so I just want an opinion.
It is somewhat hard to judge that
XY has a lack of things to do (especially post game) but I think all the games are like that to some degree. Especially fellow first versions. "Z" will most likely have somefin like the battle frontier, which always helps...bet it will be the frontier itself, actually, since oras will almost certainly have that.

Personally I think XY is the best main series game so far overall, due to graphics, amie, graphics, megas, etc, but I suppose in some areas the previous games were better. BW had a better story, RSE had the better region, etc. Oh, and ofc all of them were harder.

And XY did not really seem shorter to me. Idk. I really played it slow, milking the hell out of it.

Last edited:
from some interview, apparently --

Masuda said:
There's been a lot of demand from people to remake Ruby/Sapphire on social media, for example," he said. "Right now really felt like a good time to do it, and instead of doing a direct sequel to X/Y we're tying it together in some unique ways.

For example, if after Black and White we came out with a grey, people would have been expecting that," he said. "Same thing with X/Y and having a Z straight afterwards. So we're always just trying to surprise people.

So we're always just trying to surprise people.

ghirahimannoyedgif546_zps9f34bb28.gif~original

srsly. Surprise is the last thing I've come to expect from game freak, and that's coming from a big fan. Still, if this means that they are doing somefin more unique than a third version or even a sequel, they have succeeded in surprising me this time

from some interview, apparently --

Masuda said:
There's been a lot of demand from people to remake Ruby/Sapphire on social media, for example," he said. "Right now really felt like a good time to do it, and instead of doing a direct sequel to X/Y we're tying it together in some unique ways.

For example, if after Black and White we came out with a grey, people would have been expecting that," he said. "Same thing with X/Y and having a Z straight afterwards. So we're always just trying to surprise people.

ghirahimannoyedgif546_zps9f34bb28.gif~original

srsly. Surprise is the last thing I've come to expect from game freak, and that's coming from a big fan. Still, if this means that they are doing somefin more unique than a third version or even a sequel, they have succeeded in surprising me this time
At least they are trying to do something different

Though I wonder if Zygrade is connected to Rayquaza?
Both are equalizers of two legendarys
and both are opposites of each other (one is in the air and the other is on the ground)

It is somewhat hard to judge that
XY has a lack of things to do (especially post game) but I think all the games are like that to some degree. Especially fellow first versions. "Z" will most likely have somefin like the battle frontier, which always helps...bet it will be the frontier itself, actually, since oras will almost certainly have that.

Personally I think XY is the best main series game so far overall, due to graphics, amie, graphics, megas, etc, but I suppose in some areas the previous games were better. BW had a better story, RSE had the better region, etc. Oh, and ofc all of them were harder.

And XY did not really seem shorter to me. Idk. I really played it slow, milking the hell out of it.
Yep; feels empty. Like things were cut out to save space and time.

You said graphics twice. lol. It's nice and all, but I could've handled sprites either way. I feel they spent too much time on trying to beautify the world, which is fantastic, but GF should have packed more content.
I don't personally use Amie, or many megas as well. Amie's minigames gets old quickly, and while bonding with your PokePets is cool, it never held my attention because it was so basic. Megas are just like adding another evolution that you can control.

XY was definitely short. I really do love the UI over the old ones for sure though.
It was the first one for the 3DS so I guess they needed a entry point. ORAS should be built beef-ier hopefully after this experience.

Back