Protect your TV with this Wii Strap Fix

Redan499

Banned
Dec 3, 2006
PA
Wii Online Code
0213-2291-6794-7610
Click Here

Since it aired on CNN today about the Wiimotes breaking walls and TVs when idiot people chuck their controllers, my parents have been hounding me to be careful because our new 47" HDTV is only a couple months old and they dont want to purchase a new one anytime soon. So i found this after some Googling. Works pretty good for me, hope it does for you guys. I guess if you find any other good fixes for the strap post em here.

o wow, looks promising, gonna go out and get some fishing line after exams :D >< dont wanna ruin my lcd rear projector tv too!

super glue your wii mote to your hand. It will never fall out :)

This guy did exactly what I first suggested when all these issues first came up. SpiderLine won't break, it's pretty hardcore stuff.

WiiLink This thread is about strengthing the straps with fishing line, not adding a strap that wasn't there.

I can, i know a lot of people that can as well. Just go to YouTube and search Wii Strap Break or something along those lines and watch some vids. I just did this to mine to ease my parents concern about breaking the TV

I don't even use the strap. I detached it as soon as I took it out of the box and i've played Wii Sports upwards of 6hrs straight with a few friends, none of them have thrown or even come close to throwing a Wiimote, I have 4 of them.

I just don't get it.

Master Wii said:
I don't even use the strap. I detached it as soon as I took it out of the box and i've played Wii Sports upwards of 6hrs straight with a few friends, none of them have thrown or even come close to throwing a Wiimote, I have 4 of them.

I just don't get it.

Well there’s not really a "come close". You either throw it or you don't, and what's there to understand? Nintendo put a strap on them for a reason and the strap they provided is insufficient. It is now fixed. Anyone who calls people stupid but uses the wrist strap is contradicting themselves.

Regardless it has been fixed and this is now a dead topic. Play how you want and let people play how they want.

DrYou said:
Well there’s not really a "come close". You either throw it or you don't, and what's there to understand? Nintendo put a strap on them for a reason and the strap they provided is insufficient. It is now fixed. Anyone who calls people stupid but uses the wrist strap is contradicting themselves.

I like how you copy and pasted the same response you made in another thread. Nice time saver! :thumbsup:

DrYou said:
Play how you want and let people play how they want.

Is this your way of saying that people actually throw their wiimote like a bowling ball, just because it has a strap? Those people should have their Wii taken away and beaten with the power chord. Utter stupidity. :rolleyes:

Back