PS3 losing.....exclusives?

BrandonMcAuslan said:
How are PS3 numbers going to grow if it doesn't have exclusive titles? Anyone else see the catch 22 here?

I'm not going to buy a PS3 when I can play the games on 360?

New exclusive titles would be nice from all 3 next gen consoles.

Lol its funny how desperate you sony supporters sound when it comes to exclusives to the p$3. I can only imagine the insanity that will occur if and once MGS4 goes multiplatformer. As for the value it doesn't have any right now and 3-4 exclusive games won't make a huge difference for the average person

MasterJedi2U said:
Lol its funny how desperate you sony supporters sound when it comes to exclusives to the p$3. I can only imagine the insanity that will occur if and once MGS4 goes multiplatformer. As for the value it doesn't have any right now and 3-4 exclusive games won't make a huge difference for the average person

For you im guessing you cant wait for the release MGS4 through MGS10. Dont you think it would be nice to see more new excusives on the next gen consoles?

MasterJedi2U said:

I guess you didnt bother reading the above posts and the quotes there in. MGS4 will be an exclusive for sony. The game designer for it basically said the other systems on the market are not set up to run MGS4 and that the PS3 is the only system that can run it the way he wants. Every console will have some good exclusives, just people are too impatient to wait for them.

"But like I said, MGS4 is aimed for the movie theatre, it's aimed for the PS3, so the game's scenario and graphics need this theatre-type hardware. It's when a producer has a game that can work on the 'DVD level' that a game will go multiplatform", he says.

Just cuz someone says its "aimed" for a console doesn't mean its going to be exclusive. Plus I don't know where you got that from or even how old that quote is. Things can change quickly. I'm just saying that there is a possiblity. Personally I could care less about whether this specific game goes multiplatform or not. Never got into Metal Gear Solid so I don't know what all the hoopla is about. I was just saying its funny how the Microsoft supporters have been rght on almost all the "rumors" regarding p$3 exclusives and how sony fanboys are so desperate to keep whatever small amount of exclusives they do have. Thats all.

Shiftfallout said:
Huge losses? mmm i wouldnt go that far. GTA was the most important title there and its going to be shared between the PS3 and the 360. You make it seem as if these exclusives wont appear on the PS3 at all. I really think people are over exagerating. The PS3 is aiming to offer more from the game in HOME. So perhaps thats one reason to pick it over the 360, then perhaps not. Either way people are over reacting because both systems still get the games.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is still an exclusive and will stay one thankfully.

From an interview with Hojima, he said (not in verbatim) that after this Metal Gear project is done, he'll be looking for more opportunities. When asked about Microsoft, without hesistation he said he would look forward to working with him. And not to mention that Hojima is also very good friends with Miyamoto. Metal Gear Solid 4 may remain an exclusive (but who knows, it may release the 360 in the future, with downloadable content.). It's truly sad if gamers can only look forward to one game going toward a system, that's when you know that they're in some dog **** that's hard to get off your shoes.

MasterJedi2U said:
"But like I said, MGS4 is aimed for the movie theatre, it's aimed for the PS3, so the game's scenario and graphics need this theatre-type hardware. It's when a producer has a game that can work on the 'DVD level' that a game will go multiplatform", he says.

Just cuz someone says its "aimed" for a console doesn't mean its going to be exclusive. Plus I don't know where you got that from or even how old that quote is. Things can change quickly. I'm just saying that there is a possiblity. Personally I could care less about whether this specific game goes multiplatform or not. Never got into Metal Gear Solid so I don't know what all the hoopla is about. I was just saying its funny how the Microsoft supporters have been rght on almost all the "rumors" regarding p$3 exclusives and how sony fanboys are so desperate to keep whatever small amount of exclusives they do have. Thats all.

Sigh. Kojima has stated numerous times (recently too), that MGS4 will not appear on the wii or 360. If you look at that entire quote like you should have, you will note he says...

"It's when a producer has a game that can work on the 'DVD level' that a game will go multiplatform", he says. Sorry kids. Your "OMGMGS4360" banners will have to come out another day.
Since we've opened up this can of worms, I may as well get his thoughts on it. Why, I ask, do you think this rumour simply refuses to go away? "Because 360 owners want it on 360, obviously", he quips....." (this interview was posted yesterday).

I cant believe you are not smart enough to read the entire quote before posting what you just did, either that or you are purposefully ignoring it because you dont want to destroy your argument.

When Hideo Kojima says "But like I said, MGS4 is aimed for the movie theatre, it's aimed for the PS3, so the game's scenario and graphics need this theatre-type hardware. It's when a producer has a game that can work on the 'DVD level' that a game will go multiplatform". He is saying the PS3 is a system that can run the game the way he wants it. Its the hardware configuration that makes it possible on the PS3 he points out, and achieving the level of cinematic gameplay he wishes can not be done on a mere dvd level.. meaning blue ray comes into play here.

Lets delve deeper, Kojima earlier in a different interview that the game will use motion sensing from the sixaxis controller for its gameplay, as well as enhancing the game by using the PSP MGS tactical ops game with MGS4. So basically they are all linked together to create this game, (psp, sixaxis, ps3 hardware and blue ray).

You cannot say it wont be an exclusive, but quite frankly it will be as he has said it himself and as the EVIDENCE makes clear.

Of course, Kojima also said he hopes to make some games for the Wii and 360, and most of all the PC but those projects will come AFTER the "monster" he calles MGS4.

God it? feel educated? gooooood.

Kamikaze said:
From an interview with Hojima, he said (not in verbatim) that after this Metal Gear project is done, he'll be looking for more opportunities. When asked about Microsoft, without hesistation he said he would look forward to working with him. And not to mention that Hojima is also very good friends with Miyamoto. Metal Gear Solid 4 may remain an exclusive (but who knows, it may release the 360 in the future, with downloadable content.). It's truly sad if gamers can only look forward to one game going toward a system, that's when you know that they're in some dog **** that's hard to get off your shoes.

Well the good thing is we know there will be way more than one exlcusive game for the PS3 that will be good. So no worries about that.

As for what Hideo Kojima said, its that he is looking forward to making some games for the other systems as well. Not that MGS4 will be ported, but that once hes done with MGS4 he wants to dabble in some other projects that take advantage of the Wii, 360 and PC.

""""Kojima: Well, yes, I do have strong interest in creating something for the Xbox 360. In the US and Europe, it is selling, and I think it will sell a lot this year as well. I'm a fan of Gears of War as well, it's very interesting.

Frankly speaking, I want to create something on the PC. It's a multi-platform [format]. I've been regularly studying work on the PC anyways, and I want to provide something as a world-wide platform because of the consequences with timing on the PlayStation platforms, MGS4 is actually for the PS3 only so far.

I want to do it. But our staff, especially the younger ones, don't so much like to work on the PC. If it was PC, we don't have to go into some crappy things with the first parties (Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo).""""

Last edited:
I can't believe you're not smart enough to actually post an entire article and claim it as your own wording. You are truly unique for doing such a deed.

Why doesnt anything happen :(

Forum Rules and Policies *READ!*

2. Be Courteous!
Don't attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult and personal attack.

3. No Flaming
Flaming is defined as personal attacks or insults on another person regarding the persons religion/views/knowledge etc. Though we encourage healthy discussion and debate, a certain point comes in which an insult turns personal, and this is strongly discouraged via both public forums and the messenger. Reports of such abuse will usually result in a warning; multiple abuses will result in a Ban.

4. No Trolling
The inverse side of Flaming, Trolling is defined by trying to make others insult you. Posts such as "PS3 sux" would be considered trolling, as it is a purposeful act meant to result in argument. Users in violation of this will be Banned. Feeding the trolls is considered equally against the rules.

Back