Quality of Reviews: Gamespot vs. IGN

NjD00

I have to Wii
Dec 15, 2006
Medical School
Wii Online Code
6135-1993-3203-6288
I want to hear some opinions about the quality and accuracy of game reviews at Gamespot vs. IGN. Most of the time they are at least similar, but sometimes games are reviewed totally different. For example:

Scarface: The World is Yours
Gamespot: 5.8
IGN: 8.5

WHats the deal?
I know that playing the game is the biggest factor, but seriously, with this discrepancy, how do we know if Scarface is a mediocre 5.8 or a great 8.5?

Who do you turn to for your reviews?

I trust IGN more with their game ranking, but I use Gamespot a lot more.

Gamespot is usually more critical but more helpful in rooting out the problems that IGN often only briefly touches on. But, for Wii, I use IGN because I've noticed Gamespot kind of has a prejudice against any Wii Game's controls. Nothing wrong with it, but I don't want the opinion of a gamer who isn't familiar with the wii.

gamespot seems somehow "anti-nintendo". I choose ign reviews over gamespot anyday. But I think gamespot has better news about games then ign.

in touch with the wii said:
gamespot is fulll of sony fanboys and they cant play the wii well

To be honest i would say thats a plus, i would rather watch a video review of a game played by someone who is just average at it than by one that is s**t hot and makes it look easier than it is.

back in the day i still remember when IGN was free. as in everything. those were the days.

i would pick IGN over Gamespot. IGN just has a more professional feel to it.

ign is more professional but i like gamespot for entertaining videos like tournament tv and on the spot. i choose ign over gamespot for game ratings.

Back