Rayman Raving Rabbids

Not got CoD so cannot comment but remembered something else i meant to say. Of all the Wii games i got (sports, zelda, play, rayman, steel and monkey ball) Rabbids is the only one that has caused any real physical pain. ALl those 'running' games really hurt my forearms to the point i had to stop playing... of course me and some mates had been playing it for like 8 hours so maybe that's a given but seriously, Rayman has the most (of the above games) vigorous wiimote movements so just letting all know that prolonged play does actually hurt.

On the plus side, it must be doing me some good, i'll have super muscular forearms in a few weeks!

I find Edge a bit harsh on some of there reviews, but i normally agree with most of theres tbh. Gamespot game Rayman a good review.

Malone said:
I find Edge a bit harsh on some of there reviews, but i normally agree with most of theres tbh. Gamespot game Rayman a good review.

True, but the bit that's put me off is the comments on how repetitive the games become and how it's a lot more fun watching other players than it is actually playing.

I may still buy it for xmas then take advantage of Games returns xmas offer!!

he he i was thinking of doing exactly the same thing (got to love Game and its free rental return policy lmfao) great minds thinks alike ;)

I have to admit that I'm playing it more and more. My favorite part (and only one of 2 games I've gone back to play) is the Bunnies can't dance.

I just got to Bunnies don't close doors part 2 and think I may skip it. (Not sure I'll be able to let one game go unconquered though...we'll see.)

I have COD3 as well and it's taking some getting used to (coming from kb & mouse on PC.) I haven't played too much of it yet due to that. Also, usually the biggest draw to FPS games for me is online play. Since COD3 has no online play, it's not as fun as I expected.

Edit - When playing the games for score, are those scores just fake scores or does the game connect to the web and download real high scores? I'm assuming not since a) I'm sure the infrastructure isn't ready and b) it gives you online codes you have to enter into a PC. Just wondering what you guys know about it.

Last edited:
Im thinking about getting this game, but ive heard there are quite a few glitches?

dude, I beat rayman in about 3 hours. it is fun , but the minigames dont have a whole lot to offer. I would wait for wario ware. Rayman is a funny game, it makes you laugh, but there are really only about 35-40 different minigames. A lot of the games are just harder versions of games you have already done. Monkeyball is way better.

hmm i keep forgetting about Monkey ball how good is that game? thats also had mixed bag reviews :s

Wario will be better, but Rayman is really good too. Glitches, a couple but can be fixed. Everyone seems to hate the bunnies dont close doors, but i found it easy enough. You have to hit the bunnies! not the door! Or between! Yarr!
I'm getting both. And the PS2 version of Rayman. For some reason.

I'm hitting the bunnies dang it!!!! Still doesn't always seem to register.

Also, I'm thinking a 56" screen is a negative on this particular game.

That i don;t know, but I reckon hitting between the rabbits and the doors works best. And consentrating on the game and not the time. Just keep going at it. I beat the game 100%. Yay! Now to get all the bonuses...

But yeah, it doesnt always seem to register. I agree.

zakrocz said:
After reading the Edge review 6/10 I am waiting for Wario Smooth Moves instead.

I played Wario on the middle-of-the-mall testers and i thought it was really young. The games last like 3 seconds ... (it goes soooo fast) ... there was games like put the remote on your hips and hula-hoop, but the remote on your hand and let the dog give you a paw, there was a hold the remote and squat? It was just stupid. And before you all start going off at me - I played it for 3 mins and wasn't impressed in that time. It might have better game play - i don't know?

Anyways - RAYMAN (the coolest game I own)

To answer a previous question the high scores are not downloaded. I'm guessing the web codes are so that every format can compete with their scores on the Rayman site. The high scores shown on your system are "dummy place holder" scores until you and your mates replace them with your own scores.

Does anyone know for the 183,000 needed to unlock all the bonuses in score mode ... does that mean you need to get 1000/1000 for every game? or what would be the average you would have to get out of the 1000 on each game? I tried to count the games but couldn't work it out.

Also ... Any tips on the plunger shooting section and getting a higher score? Does it matter how many times you reload? Do you get Good, Great and Perfect just based on your aim?

Also 2.0 .... Does anyone know in the Dance Section what the difference between (when you hit the bunny) a white spotlight and a yellow spotlight (red of course means missed).

Tks - Sorry about the Length ... Lot of ground to cover !

Back