Reggie fils reaction to online

LevesqueIsKing said:
You can expect them to announce online gameplay for Brawl at the Tokyo Game Show (TGS). I apologize for not remembering the date. However, it is doubtful that they will go into detail about online gameplay.

Oh, and thanks for clearing that up with Shoko.

awww fauk. thats the end of september! so many waiting games!

Spyro said:
Spike - "Maybe i'll play you online in a game that comes out LATER THIS YEAR"

Reggie - "Sure!"

Metroid, Mario Galaxy, and SSBB are the only games coming out for Wii FROM NINTENDO later this year. Metroid has confirmed NO ONLINE and Mario Galaxy is a 1p game. Now, what game is left?

Mario Strikers Charged

At the time that was filmed, it was being released "later this year"

flower.^ said:
awww fauk. thats the end of september! so many waiting games!

The interview mentions a surprise at the end of september, while talking about channels:ihih:

WiiWare anyone?

Cpt.McCloud said:
The interview mentions a surprise at the end of september, while talking about channels:ihih:

WiiWare anyone?

How would that be a surprise? We already know about it.

hmmm...thats interesting.

The article I had read said that there was no date yet, whether it be exact or a roundabout. This computer doesnt except links that open a new page, but I trust that your source is reliable.

BTW, I dont think I entirely understand what WiiWare is, could somebody explain one more time?

so if I read this right, Wiiware is pretty much just free surveying of possible game releases. Independent game developers release their underground games through Wiiware. We download them. If they suck the developers are done and move on to a new game. If theyre good the developers release it and charge more for it with more add ons to the game.

Wiiware = giant beta testing for video games? or am I totally off base?

edit: thanks for both sweet links skippy.

flower.^ said:
so if I read this right, Wiiware is pretty much just free surveying of possible game releases. Independent game developers release their underground games through Wiiware. We download them. If they suck the developers are done and move on to a new game. If theyre good the developers release it and charge more for it with more add ons to the game.

Wiiware = giant beta testing for video games? or am I totally off base?

edit: thanks for both sweet links skippy.

Wii Ware are just games you download. Like Virtual Console games, but they're new stuff made for the Wii. It's not really beta testing.

^So...how about an example? Is it just going to be stupid stuff?

Last edited:
Similar to Xbox live arcade and market place.

Nintendo isn't telling us wether the game is online or not so that threads like these keep popping up all over the internet creating more hype then releasing online play would. It's Nintendo at its usual secrecy game.

Back