Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles...HELP!

Ashwii00

Nintendo Loyalist
Dec 27, 2007
IN
Wii Online Code
3080-8261-2528-7278
Hi all,

I recently picked up a copy of Resident Evil umbrella chronicles and I am stuck, embarrassingly (ehh, is that a word? oh well) enough on the first boss. The...scorpion...lobster...mutated...type thing. Let me just say, I am by no means a stranger to first person shooters, or the Resident Evil series. BUT, i simply cannot beat this boss. I keep failing to dodge his attacks, but even if I do, my shots have very little impact on his HP, and I have found it impossible to dodge the attacks from his ..tail I think (which gives no warning as to which button to press to dodge) Maybe I am just crazy, and maybe the Wii zapper is failing me, but has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, can you give me some tips? Thanks!

Ashley

Don't feel bad thats ones actually tougher than some of the bosses after that! i had trouble with the scorpion for awhile until i got his pattern down, first try to always dodge cause if you keep your energy up you can beat him quick, make sure you KEEP SHOOTING DEAD MIDDLE OF ITS HEAD and when it gets too close knife it real quick that knife can be deadly, throw a few grenades get that pattern down and youll destroy that thing!

Ashwii00 said:
Hi all,

I recently picked up a copy of Resident Evil umbrella chronicles and I am stuck, embarrassingly (ehh, is that a word? oh well) enough on the first boss. The...scorpion...lobster...mutated...type thing. Let me just say, I am by no means a stranger to first person shooters, or the Resident Evil series. BUT, i simply cannot beat this boss. I keep failing to dodge his attacks, but even if I do, my shots have very little impact on his HP, and I have found it impossible to dodge the attacks from his ..tail I think (which gives no warning as to which button to press to dodge) Maybe I am just crazy, and maybe the Wii zapper is failing me, but has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, can you give me some tips? Thanks!

Ashley

Shoot the tail to make the scorpion move his claws to leave his head wide open.. and fire away..

The more you shoot the tail, and his head, the less he will be able to attack..

The attacks you can dodge should be the only ones that would happen if you stay on him.

Thanks a lot! I will be sure to try it next time I give it a go. I never thought of slicing him, or tossing grenades. So, just for clarification... when he does that random thrust in your face, you knife him? That makes sense. Ugh! I got so frustrated...and even moreso that the checkpoint isn't actually set at the boss, but a few minutes before. Gr..

Reuc

LoVeWiI said:
Is this game good? Should I buy it since I have fully completed Resident Evil 4.

Well it's a great game plenty of unlockables, but if you don't like railshooters dont get it cause its the first RE thats a railshooter, I think that makes it longer in the long run but I like it... its nothing like RE4 but i loved that one too!

If your a BIG RE fan get it, and use the Zapper with it!

Basically, when his face is open shoot at it with submachine gun, when it's blocked go for tail. Always be prepared for quick time dodge events. Also be prepared for 'racoons destruction' missions, they will simply blow you away.

You need to be able to press the dodge buttons quickly when they come up. But as for dodging the tail stinger attack... you can't. When he is about to do that quickly shoot the tail (any weapon works I think) and that will cancel the attack and momentarily stun him. As for hurting him, a full shot gun blast to his face is deadly when he's really close to you but does nothing if he's any distance away. Use machine gun or hand gun when he's further off. As long as you can dodge attacks well, he's easily beatable entirely with a hand gun. :lol:

Cpt.McCloud said:
Basically, when his face is open shoot at it with submachine gun, when it's blocked go for tail. Always be prepared for quick time dodge events. Also be prepared for 'racoons destruction' missions, they will simply blow you away.

Also, if you want shotgun bullets if loaded already work well in the place of the submachine gun. Personally this was the easier of the bosses I have played so far, just keeping pumpin' em' with lead.

RE UC becomes 100x better with 2 players. This game is a must for 2 players as I discovered on X-mas. I found that if you hammer the button that flashes on the screen you are more likely to avoid the attack.

Example: Don't hit A once, hit it as many times as possible until it flashes, indicating you dodged the attack. There are only 4 possible dodge moves. A, B, A+B and remote shake.

CantGetAWii said:
Also, if you want shotgun bullets if loaded already work well in the place of the submachine gun. Personally this was the easier of the bosses I have played so far, just keeping pumpin' em' with lead.

For the newer members an auto lead spitting machine does better. Generally I found that on all bosses Submachine was the way to go, on normal enemies shotgun was the way to go.

Cpt.McCloud said:
For the newer members an auto lead spitting machine does better. Generally I found that on all bosses Submachine was the way to go, on normal enemies shotgun was the way to go.

I just used it on bosses if I had the perfect shot, if I didn't then I would revert back to the submachine gun like you said. Just figured I would use it if I had the bullets.

CantGetAWii said:
I just used it on bosses if I had the perfect shot, if I didn't then I would revert back to the submachine gun like you said. Just figured I would use it if I had the bullets.

True, at current times I would advise using shotgun as less as possible but upgrading original shotgun and original submachine only.

Shotgun = best friend on racoon destruction.
Submachine = best friend on all bosses.

Back