Right, It's Come Down To This: A Vote - PS3 or 360

Now I've been reading the forums for quite some time. Debating on a 360 or a PS3, and I finally figured out that I'm going to buy me a PS3. For me it came down to the game's. Metal Gear Solid 4, Gran Turismo 5, Devil May Cry 4 and more. The only reason I even thought of buying a 360 was for Army of Two & Assassin's Creed. But I then found out that they are both out on the PS3. And Halo wasn't enough of a reason for me to go with the 360.

Pretty sure he's talking about the way you said it. The way you said it made it seem like Devil May Cry 4 was another exclusive along with MGS4 and GT5. I wouldnt be suprised if you thought it was exclusive then after he said it you checked and realized he was right. Then you gave you explaination basially saying "regardless, blah blah blah" So its kind of like you avoided admitting he was right and that you made a mistake. Why do I think you didn't actually know? Because you mentioned Army of Two and Assassins Creed being on both consoles, but neglected to mention DMC4 was also on both. :p

T3kNi9e said:
Pretty sure he's talking about the way you said it. The way you said it made it seem like Devil May Cry 4 was another exclusive along with MGS4 and GT5. I wouldnt be suprised if you thought it was exclusive then after he said it you checked and realized he was right. Then you gave you explaination basially saying "regardless, blah blah blah" So its kind of like you avoided admitting he was right and that you made a mistake. Why do I think you didn't actually know? Because you mentioned Army of Two and Assassins Creed being on both consoles, but neglected to mention DMC4 was also on both. :p

Let's all have a epeen fight to the death! That makes just about as much sense as this conversation.

Well it's Friday and I'm getting my next console later today, so here are the results:

PS3 - 13
360 - 8

I used a particular tallying method which I can't be bothered to explain at the moment, but since I couldn't decide which to get, I'm going for the PS3.

Thanks everyone.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD DECISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No j/k.... I woulda gotten a 360 but it's ur decision...:D

Has better games? Wouldn't that be more of a opinion than a fact? Actually going by "facts" that statement would be wrong seeing as PS3 games doesn't have as good of reviews than the 360.

Nintendo93 said:
PS3 is quieter, has better games, has a built-in blu-ray player and doesn't overheat. Enough said.
I think everyone that uses "nuff said" or "enough said" should be banned.

Seriously, this is starting to peeve me off. It's clearly not "enough said", as discussions keep going.

T3kNi9e said:
Has better games? Wouldn't that be more of a opinion than a fact? Actually going by "facts" that statement would be wrong seeing as PS3 games doesn't have as good of reviews than the 360.

Except those reviews are also based on opinions as well, so using them as factual support for "better" isn't exactly scientific either (in my book, the "professional" standing of online/magazine reviewers doesn't give them any more credibility than any avid gamer).

Better sort of has an implied subjective assessment anyway. The only metric you can use that's objective (and that we can all agree on) is the size of the software catalog.

I think all the major genres are represented decently on both platforms. FPS for example -> I finally got a chance to play Halo 3 and I thought Resistance: FOM was just as much fun (I don't really get into the granular analysis: run around and shoot stuff: check, nice art direction: check, terrific graphics: check, co-op play: check, OK they're both fun).

Racing Games -> same thing, checked out the GT5 pre-release vs. Forza, both looked great, have terrific physics models, more then enough options (assuming the final GT5 will expand on this), etc. I'd be happy with either.

I know there are people who are into the historical value of some games - where they love and play titles in a specific series, so if MGS4 is one of those, and it's a PS3 exclusive, seems like a simple formula.

Our ~must haves~ would be Resident Evil and Silent Hill, so if those were exclusive to either platform, we'd probably have to get it.

I do a bit of photography and this sounds a lot like Nikon vs. Canon - lots of subjective assesment of IQ/PQ, hard to compare prices because of different feature sets, and only a few quantifiable things like # of available lenses.

~DT

Squall7 said:
I think everyone that uses "nuff said" or "enough said" should be banned.

Seriously, this is starting to peeve me off. It's clearly not "enough said", as discussions keep going.
Stop taking things so seriously. It doesn't literally mean that the thread is over. It's sad how much people on forums can freak out over the most minor things. :rolleyes:

Nintendo93 said:
Stop taking things so seriously. It doesn't literally mean that the thread is over. It's sad how much people on forums can freak out over the most minor things. :rolleyes:
Lol. You though I was being serious? Well, I was semi-serious, I do hate it when people use the "nuff said" part, but I don't think they should be banned. That's worse than the grammar nazis (although I can understand to an extent).

the only fair way to compare the 2 is to look at the same EXACT game on both systems which is something I do ALOT (and also did back in the Genisis and SNES days as well) and from THAT I have to say the 360 is a much better system then the PS3, the ONLY thing PS3 has up on the 360 is blu ray but even with that considered 360 all the way.

BTW this is from someone who has owned EVERY SINGLE SYSTEM available in my lifetime (starting at NES) and I mean EVERY SINGLE ONE even the rare ones.

Back