Sakurai's Swan Song?

I'm sure Nintendo would take the franchise and keep making Smash games, or Sakurai would put someone in charge.

{Axtlár} said:
I'm sure Nintendo would take the franchise and keep making Smash games, or Sakurai would put someone in charge.
Problem is, if SSB continues without the man who's lead it since day one, and it turns into shitte...the whole franchise's name will be disgraced. No one wants to see that.

LevesqueIsKing said:
So, we all know that Sakurai is an amazing producer, but he won't be around forever. Many people are thinking that this will be his last SmashBros, for a number of reasons:
1. He wants this game to be perfect.
2. A number of delays, fortifying argument #1.
3. He is really trying to get the Smash Bros name beyond Nintendo players (the Dojo).
4. He will be set for life after this game is released.

It saddens me to write number 4. While we like to think that people love to make games, we can't assume that that is the case. He may just be in it for the money.

Anyway, who do you think will make the next Smash Bros title? If it isn't Sakurai, how will the series be affected? Will it be a disappointment when compared to other SmashBros games?

I am a programming student and have made a couple small games along with the planning (producing) for a massive multiplayer online roleplaying game I'm making...

I know that when I'm planning for a game I am not thinking about the money (much)... Sure you think about the money a couple of times when making a game but when you're actually thinking about the game you get kind of absorbed in how awesome the gameplay will be... You just sort of want to do everything you can to make it as good as possible (you don't even care how long it will take or how much work you have to do)

ssbb_lover said:
Well, no doubt money is at least 50% of the reason for doing this. The game has a chance of being the most sold game. EVER.

I'd say closer to 3%...

In other words Yes, the revenue is huge and No, the revenue has hardly anything to do with the production of this game

Anyways I am sure anyone who is serious enough to get into the gaming industry get's "into" the game they are making the same way I do...

"he won't be around forever. "
... of course he wil!

No, but I mean seriously if he doesn't make another game he'll probably sell the rights to it for who know's how much ;)
And whoever buys it will make it... No idea how we are supposed to guess who it will be...

If someone else makes the new game the will make it to there preferences, I like most of Sakurai's ideas but not all of them so in my opinion there is room for improvement but who knows's what kind of stuff a new producer would put in it (I mean just look at all the ideas on wiichat :p)

Odds are there won't be another smash bros. untill there's a new system (it's kind of a tradition) A new system will have a bigger hard drive, better proccessor, more and better ram, and a better video card... What's all that mean It will have better graphics then brawl.

Some people care about graphics... I care a little but mostly just about gameplay: faster internet connection, more ram = more stuff can be going on at once (quite possibly up to 8 players on one console), better processor (loads map's and saves faster (although this is going to take like no time on brawl due to the internal memory and ram upgrade from GC), and a bigger hard drive meaning that in combination with the internet connection downloadable stages, items, events, even modes and a few characters are a possibility.

All those improvements are quite possible no matter who produces it, however the overall gameplay could change drastically, Although I am positif that ANYONE who managed to obtain the rights to brawl, would not be stupid enough to change it toomuch

^^Sorry for the length of that post, I just sort of kept typing after I started ;)

Back