Should I buy this game? Is it fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mari09

WiiChat Member
Mar 4, 2012
I own a lot of the Mario games but not Mario Kart. I've been thinking about buying it. What are people's opinions on it? Is it fun/worth the money? I've been saving money but I don't know if I want to spend it all on the game because I will need a second controller (so I can play with my friends, I have 3 and need a fourth). I found this item, is it a good deal? http://www.ebay.com/itm/280837629006?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Mario Kart's always been a great series, and Mario Kart Wii doesn't disappoint either. Definitely worth the money, even though used copies aren't all-that cheap due to it's popularity...

There's no point in getting those Wii Wheels you put the Wii remote in. They're nothin' more than a piece of plastic, and are entirely unnecessary to play the game. Just a cosmetic accessory that kids have fun with, really. If you can find a controller and the game without the wheel for cheaper, go for that.

well written ssbfreak. mario kart wii was/is really great, just be prepared to have ur ups and downs because it feels great to get first in 150cc however blue shells are gonna come around the corner and wreck ur kart up. mario kart 7 for the 3ds is truly where its at.

Jeeze can't believe I missed this thread as well. Well now to give my x-week old two cents reply.
Game is great though you might find some remnants of hackers but over all sweet game (better than MK7)

I am "famous" on MKW for getting hack attacked by that lame ass "clan" of hackers known as chinamanz

Just buy it I dont feel like writing a long explaination why ok Its a great game no arguements

I have Mario Kart Wii and if you have a good handle on the motion controls by all means use the Wii Wheel and Wii-Mote. I use it and it's works great. I am hosting a games of Mario Kart Wii next week and my friend code is 5155-3630-5046 hope to race you one day, GAME ON!!:papermario:

mario kart wii

it has
Playable Drivers
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Baby Mario, Baby Peach, Toad, Koopa Troopa, Wario, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, Bowser

Unlockable Drivers

Daisy, Birdo, Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., Baby Luigi, Baby Daisy, Toadette, Dry Bones, King Boo, Rosalina, Funky Kong, Dry Bowser, Mii Character

huge selection of karts, and bikes and cars for the characters choose from

endless hours of fun for whole family

play up to 4 players and online play up to 12 players

Race courses are divided into various Cups again: Mushroom Cup, Flower Cup, Star Cup and Special Cup for new courses and Shell Cup, Banana Cup, Leaf Cup and Lightning Cup for old courses. Notably, these are the same as Mario Kart DS.
All thirty-two tracks have three laps, regardless of length and difficulty.

The main feature is the use of the Wii Remote's motion-sensing ability. By tilting the remote, players can steer their karts. During the development of this game, Nintendo hoped to address some of the issues game critics faced with the first racing game Nintendo published for the Wii, Excite Truck, by making Mario Kart Wii compatible with the Wii Wheel[SUP][citation needed][/SUP]. Since the Wii Remote is designed to be inserted into the Wii Wheel (it is not an independent controller), players can also play without the Wheel if they choose to. Mario Kart Wii can also be played by connecting the Nunchuk Controller or the Classic Controller, proClassic Controller, or using the GameCube Controller. Controlling the vehicle is divided up into two sections: Basic and Advanced.

Don't revive old threads. The OP would've already made their decision since this was posted a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back