should i buy wii or ps3

lenitao3 said:
lol....the sales say it all...the wii managed to sale as much as xbox360 in half the time.....

remember.....we are looking for FUN ..... not for graphics

i personally have a wii and i like it.....there are also so great games..... like Zelda, Mario Strikers, Metroid, Mario Party ;) , Red Steel and more coming

Ps3 is JUST an updated Ps2 NOTHING more..... (compared to wii....)

Very good if not short analysis. The PS3 is still very far behind in the console wars, and has allot of catching up to do. What made them get so far ahead in the last generation was their affordablity, massive licensing agreements, ease of publishing games for their system (see the flooded market of PS1) and ease of making controllers for (DDR, Guitar Hero, Light guns a-plenty...ect.), are all lacking in their ps3. It is as if they decided to ignore all the things that made them good in the first place and just copy xbox and wii.

Wii is suffering Nintendo syndrome, as in the limited game pool (Nintendo doesn't allow many publishers), and half worked concepts of controllers.
Given wii is trying to redeame their mistakes and is doing a pretty good job if not slowly, PBR is their first step to the way they should be going, fun lighthearted mulitplayer games. What the wii lacks that the xbox has is a larger online gaming base and more credible games. I'll say it, Halo is not that special, its just another run and gun title, that is severally out classed, in single player, buy things like gears of war, and even the battlefield series.
Then why does the Halo-box dominate the market? Easy, online multi player. It has the best their is to offer in that market. I can sit down to my roommate's xbox, hit matchmaker, and watch as dozens if not hundreds of emerging game types (that players are creating ) load quickly and pair me with people equile to his rating (hes good, I'm not)

Wii right now is greater than the PS3, witch has little to offer, while wii has the limited offering pool. I put my chips in with the wii, mainly for link and samus and the hopes of a awesome new smash bros.

Lastly.....Why is this forum not closed, and better, why is it in the pokemon forums.

the release of ssbb is going to put the wii back on top, they may not have very many publishers, but the ones they do have are putting out games 5x better than halo.

halo3 is good, but i don't see the point of the storyline if your just going on xbox-live as soon as you get it. :S

Man i never seen sadder people then you two who posted before me i mean Halo 3 is soooooooo fun and i still didn't play online.
i know smash bros is going to be fun (thats the reason i got the wii) but i mean FPS is the future not beat 'em ups.
but there is one thing better then Halo i'll admit that and it's FF7 there making a new one so Halo will go to 2nd ofter it's released.

hay dr if i were you i'll buy me a 360 trust me most people in are town will be going to xbox i already know 78 people who got the 360 and 42 more who are going to get it and then there are the people who got it that i don't know and the ones who are going to get it that i don't know.

and the only people you will know in are town that has tha ps3 is a kid in my class and his friend.

and the only people you will know with a wii is me and only me because nobody cares about nintendo in this country and in this town the most.

Last edited by a moderator:
Giga-Dragon said:
OK
1. Wrong fourm
2. PS3 sucks
3. Wii costs less
4. Wii is awsome
5. PS3 sucks (again)
My Turn.

1. We already know this is in the wrong forum.
2. You didn't state why the PS3 sucks.
3. Yes it does cost less. But then again when you compare Energizer to Duracel, Duracel is cheaper but Energizer is much better and more expensive.
4. Yes, Wii is awesome.
5. Once again you didn't state why.
6. Good job bumping a thread that was dead ._.

i say ps3 because the games are more mature me im 15 so...
yeah i have a wii though just had the money at the time but the games are so kiddy and i got bored pretty quick (the first week)so just dont use your lunch money at school and and save it for a ps3 are something it will be worth it.:ciappa:

iv got all three :)

and i must say

my Xbox 360 is collecting dust.

my PS3 has replaced my PS2

and my wii is the center of my attention,, its a hell of a lot more fun to play, and yo cant say its not for hardcore games, i'v been gaming for 13 years now, and over the past few years, iv spent on average 3 hours a day on gaming, but over this past year sice getting the wii, my game time has Doubled to around 6 hours aday, and my max time on one day was 18 hours.

yes q8, and that was on my wii

i play my Wii 85% of the time
My Ps3 15%
my 360 0%

Between the 3 consoles... I'd recommend either a Wii or a 360. Both consoles have an excellent line-up of games, and great online play. But if you're tight on money, then the Wii is your best bet.

1.Wii(nintendo proved to everybody that Wii have good graphics with their new mario game)
2.360 (every time they make an xbox 360 version they find another mistake)
3.PS3 (sony want to do somthing to be at the top of the list but they dont know what they have to do)
4. move or lock this thread
5.DAMN
----------------------

Back