Should i get a PS3 or 360...im still contimplating on which i should get!!

nic7 said:
Bioshock really isn't a shooter. I would call it a first person rpg. (A very high amount of rpg elements)

And D1nner already pointed out the RROD thing. It probably was made before the falcons.. EDIT: There are reports of falcons not working. Interesting...

And, I guess we really aren't talking about exclusives in this case. We are talking about games that are on 360, but not on PS3. (Or Vise versa) And, no matter what you think, the 360 has a much better list of games that the PS3 doesn't have. (I pointed out the review thing, right?)

Yes, the PS3 does have a hell of a list of games coming out next year. (Which is why I plan on picking on up at the end of Summer 08) but right now the 360 is the better game console. And just a question.. You said the 360 has no variation in games, what variation does the PS3 have?

Top ten reviewed games on PS3:
1. Call of Duty 4 (93%)
2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (93%)
3. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Not on 360 (Just got up to 90%. So there is a PS3 exclusive at 90 now)
4. Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction -Not on 360 (89%)
5. Ninja Gaiden Sigma- Not on 360 (87%)
6. Resistance: Fall of man - Not on 360 (87%)
7. GRAW 2 (86%)
8. Virtua Fighter 5 (86%)
9. Skate- (86%)
10. NHL 08 (86%)

4 shooters
2 sports titles
2 action
1 fighter
1 platformer

Top Ten Reviewed Games on 360
1. The Orange Box (96%)
2. Bioshock- Not on PS3 (95%)
3. Call of Duty 4 (94%)
4. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (94%)
5. Gears of War- Not on PS3 (94%
6. Halo 3- Not on PS3 (94%)
7. Rock Band (93%)
8. Guitar Hero 2- Not on PS3 (On PS2 though) (92%)
9. Mass Effect- Not on PS3 (91%)
10. GRAW- Not on PS3 (There is a crappy version on PS2 though) (90%)

5 shooters
2 rhythm
3 Rpg/Adventure

Alright, in the top ten games, the PS3 does have more variety. Or so it seems. After looking at each games 11-20 best reviewed games...

PS3:

6 shooters
7 sports titles
2 action
1 fighter
1 platformer
1 Rhythm
2 racers

360:

7 shooters
2 rhythm
3 Rpg/Adventure
1 Fighter
1 platformer
1 sports
3 Racing
2 puzzle

So, of the 20 best for each console, the PS3 covers 7 genres, and the 360 covers 8. Actually, with 65% of the top reviewed PS3 titles being sports or shooters, I would go as far as saying that the 360 list is far more diverse. (Perspectively the wii has 11, and arguably 12)

(And as a side note, the 360 games all have better reviews than their PS3 counterparts)

And the whole friendly thing just sounded like you were saying that 360 followers are much worse than PS3 followers. Which is obviously untrue, I find both to be just as obnoxious..
Fantastic analysis.

Cyn i thought you had ps3

anyways if you have money and are willing to pay 200$for a HD player and more money for online (i forgot the estimate) then go ahead get 360 though in the end you will be paying more then ps3

in my part i can safely say that i love ps3, GOW3 is coming to ps3 as a exclusive, right now bluray is kickin HD's ass (though i dont really care, but its still conveinint).

heck i can go online without worry to pay for money, i can save lives (or try lol) by using F@H at night

My choice would be ps3, not cause im a fanboy(yikes) but because i can watch bluray (HD) movies on my ps3, because i dont have to worry abut the ring of death (you all knew someone was gonna say it), because i dont have to waste all my money on LIVE, because sony keeps adding features to the ps3 (but then again 360 does that), because i dont have to feel scared whenever my disc freezes that it may have the red lights of death

That is the reason i picked ps3 over 360

and dont forget theirs more games comin for ps3 then 360

i mean mass efect, Halo, GOW, etc are all out so what else is their, DMC4 has exclusive treatment on ps3 (downloadable content and whatnot)

zeon9881 said:
right now bluray is kickin HD's ass (though i dont really care, but its still conveinint).

That's not accurate - or at least the subjective "kickin HD's ass" is meaningless.

I guess I would ask if the BD v. HD-D market share is split 60/40 and that means "kicking ass" , then how is the PS3 doing given the [current gen console] Wii v. 360 v. PS3 market share is 43/37/20 (effectively a 80/20) :lol:

Keep in mind there are enough studio exclusives right now on both sides that you really need to have +both+ formats.

Last edited:
zeon9881 said:

anyways if you have money and are willing to pay 200$for a HD player and more money for online (i forgot the estimate) then go ahead get 360 though in the end you will be paying more then ps3

in my part i can safely say that i love ps3, GOW3 is coming to ps3 as a exclusive, right now bluray is kickin HD's ass (though i dont really care, but its still conveinint).

heck i can go online without worry to pay for money, i can save lives (or try lol) by using F@H at night

My choice would be ps3, not cause im a fanboy(yikes) but because i can watch bluray (HD) movies on my ps3, because i dont have to worry abut the ring of death (you all knew someone was gonna say it), because i dont have to waste all my money on LIVE, because sony keeps adding features to the ps3 (but then again 360 does that), because i dont have to feel scared whenever my disc freezes that it may have the red lights of death

i mean mass efect, Halo, GOW, etc are all out so what else is their, DMC4 has exclusive treatment on ps3 (downloadable content and whatnot)
well by your post its obvious that you are indeed a fanboy. BTW right now anyone who knows anything about video games will tell you that the 360's lineup of games is much better than the ps3 has to offer.
as for next year
too human
fable 2
halo wars
gears of war 2 will be out either 08 or 09
mass effect 2 has been confirmed
GTA IV exclusive content
and thats off the top of my head

That's a pretty old list. It still lists Assassin's Creed as a possible PS3 exclusive. It also lists Monster Hunter 3 as exclusive to PS3. But, overall, pretty solid list.

@kronau- You make some very good points. Man, you're already changing my mind.

nic7 said:
That's a pretty old list. It still lists Assassin's Creed as a possible PS3 exclusive. It also lists Monster Hunter 3 as exclusive to PS3. But, overall, pretty solid list.

@kronau- You make some very good points. Man, you're already changing my mind.
lol:lol:
I know there are better lists out there but i just wanted to put one up fast.:aureola:

zeon9881 said:

Its been awhile since we talked old friend..what you been up to?

Oh, i never had a ps3 though....my friend has one and my other friend has a 360....i think going to go with the PS3 too...cause its online is free...but im also afraid that one of the developers might make one of there online games cost money for it in the near future!!:scared:

Yeah, I meant $50 a year. I'm used to WoW payments I guess.

Darn you DT, why do you have to be so smart and trendy??

Lol busterbry, it's not hard to tell that your also a fanboi. Five games isn't a whole lot, it's quite minimal. And I wouldn't say that GTA exclusive content isn't an entire game separate from the the ps3, but nice try.

Last edited:
busterbry said:
well by your post its obvious that you are indeed a fanboy. BTW right now anyone who knows anything about video games will tell you that the 360's lineup of games is much better than the ps3 has to offer.
as for next year
too human
fable 2
halo wars
gears of war 2 will be out either 08 or 09
mass effect 2 has been confirmed
GTA IV exclusive content
and thats off the top of my head

How am i a fanboy, i have all 3 consoles (though i do admit i dont have a live acount cause im not willing to pay money on it)

i enjoy 360, its a good console, though my 360 has gotten the ring of death, and im pretty sure it will get it again cause the discs are freezing, i dont get what kind of "fanboy" thing i posted in their, it was all cold hard facts

though i play the ps3 the most i do like my 360

----

anyways

cyan if you do get ps3 pm for you psn

and if you get 360 dont bother im not gonna put anyones live name on mine (cause i dont go on their cause as prviously stated im not willing to pay money for it)

Last edited:
im sorry im not a fanboy i co-own a ps3 and i have a wii. but it just annoys me how theres always people talking trash about the 360 and most of the time they get proven wrong, but then they find something new to complain about. Before it was 360 has no games blah blah halo 3 is gonna suck. PS3 is gonna kick its ass. 2 years later halo 3 sold 6 million copies, the 360 has the best games out right now, and its selling better than the ps3. So i thought i wouldnt hear all this trash talked about it. But, still theres a ton of people finding the small problems and blowing them up to seem huge. Im sure alot of xbox fanboys go around talking **** about the ps3 but just theres no reason to do either of it. They are both great consoles, but dont say oh the 360 has no games. The world has spoken and the 360 has sold much better than the ps3. Yet ps3 owners still say the 360 sucks. I personally think the ps3 will catch up next year, but still dont ***** about the 360.

Back