Skyward Sword was the best game I have ever played...

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly this game could have truly been better, but the big thing about this game is it's low replay when it's done

Won't disagree with the first statement at all, but the latter, I would. Hero mode adds to the replay value a bit. And even without it, I definitely would'a played it over again anyways.

Some games will undoubtly have lower replay value, considering online multiplayer games or games with multiple endings. That doesn't mean the game is at fault, it should be valued on the experience it provided.

magikarp_second.jpg

Perfect example, Madworld. Great game once around, didn't give you any incentive to play it again, but it didn't stop it from being a truly great game, despite what its sales numbers added up to.

Thanks for the reminder to buy Madworld. :lol:

After waiting 5+ years for a true Wii Zelda I couldn't help but feel this game was lacking. Whether it be the padded start with the extreme hand holding, the lack of an overworld or lack of real difficulty.

Also progressing through the same three areas over and over was neat at first but then the shine wore off.

I still enjoyed it, but as a Zelda game I wanted more and I felt like Nintendo didn't quite deliver.

Are you sure you wanted Zelda and not another game? Your complains were of difficulty and exploration, which haven't existed since the 2D Zelda's. Otherwise, SS was the best Zelda game since Majora released.

Last edited:
When looking at other 3D Zeldas Hyrule was a lot more interesting than Skyloft, same with Clock Town. Skyloft felt so bare and boring..

And those games had you travel to more than just 3 areas throughout the game and while the combat may not have been overly difficult it felt too easy in Skyword Sword. Maybe because I'm much older than I used to be :p

I was disappointed after waiting so long for my Wii Zelda, the reason I got a Wii. All the promises and hype of changing up the formula and being the best Zelda etc.

Combat in SS was the most difficult and interesting since possibly Ocarina. And of course, SS never claimed it was going to be a sandbox/mmo-sized world. Any dissapointment is not the game's fault.

Won't disagree with the first statement at all, but the latter, I would. Hero mode adds to the replay value a bit. And even without it, I definitely would'a played it over again anyways.

magikarp_second.jpg

Thanks for the reminder to buy Madworld. :lol:

my exp is that ss does hook you with awesomeness but after awhile it gets bland, the end boss aint worth it griham is better then him as more of a henchman then a true boss like the kiss guy was but truly playing it it's nice but i saw really nothing to get replayed on just finish side-quests n hearts

I think we can all agree that Ghirahim was a much more interestin' villain than Demise. Even if the latter sure as **** looked the part far more than the former.

Now that I think about it, there are some similarities. It's fun drawing comparisons with Xenoblade.

I think we can all agree that Ghirahim was a much more interestin' villain than Demise. Even if the latter sure as **** looked the part far more than the former.
Ghirahim is better then every other villain ever made ever. Demise sucks. Though I like the Imprisoned.

Now that I think about it, there are some similarities. It's fun drawing comparisons with Xenoblade.

One similarity is that I love both of them. :3

F-ck reasoning.

....to be honest I don't know why I like Ghiry as much as I do, I just love the guy. He is pretty fabulous, funny, and badass.

Demise sucks. Though I like the Imprisoned.

... The Imprisoned IS Demise ya twat. :lol: It's just a generic monster with stupid lookin' toes anyways, Demise's badassery > The Imprisoned's... uh, whatever it's strongest point is, if any.

That, and Demise doesn't suck bro. He's essentially hatred itself and an anti-god. While it would'a been nice to have more backstory on the villain that started it all, he's pretty much Zelda's generic omnipotent villain of pure evil: "He is a character that can fit in any game design nicely". Doesn't mean I think they couldn't of done better with Demise, but he ain't garbage.

... The Imprisoned IS Demise ya twat. :lol: It's just a generic monster with stupid lookin' toes anyways, Demise's badassery > The Imprisoned's... uh, whatever it's strongest point is, if any.
I know, which is why I clarified. I like him in the beast form. >.>

That, and Demise doesn't suck bro. He's essentially hatred itself and an anti-god. While it would'a been nice to have more backstory on the villain that started it all, he's pretty much Zelda's generic omnipotent villain of pure evil: "He is a character that can fit in any game design nicely". Doesn't mean I think they couldn't of done better with Demise, but he ain't garbage.
My entire reasoning for hating him is because he was a complete freaking asshole to Ghirahim.

"Ohai Master, I kinda put in a shitload of effort into reviving you after thousands of years, as your most faithful serv--"

NOPE. No thank you, no hello, just "Turn into my sword *****." Demise is nicer to Link then he is to Ghiry for gods sake. Hell, Link even treats Ghirahim better then Demise does.

So yeah, that's my logic. Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back