some beginner questions

skidmarx

semi-pro thumb jockey
May 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Wii Online Code
5556-6677-7123-4567
Bought a used xbox 360 arcade. I know what you're gonna say - arcade sucks - well yeah I'm on a budget and I don't have internet at home so a hard drive didn't make sense ... yet. I'll buy a used hard drive later. anyway, the questions:

1. How am I supposed to know when the controller batteries need to be changed? I'm using alkaline batteries now but can anything bad happen if I use nickel rechargeables?

2. Copy disc games to hard drive? Hold on now I could be renting games and copying them?

3. If/when I buy a used hard drive what software is supposed to be on it? I don't want to accidentally erase something that's supposed to be there.

4. What do you think is a fair price on a 60/120 gig drive?

Thank you.

Bought a used xbox 360 arcade. I know what you're gonna say - arcade sucks - well yeah I'm on a budget and I don't have internet at home so a hard drive didn't make sense ... yet. I'll buy a used hard drive later. anyway, the questions:

1. How am I supposed to know when the controller batteries need to be changed? I'm using alkaline batteries now but can anything bad happen if I use nickel rechargeables?

2. Copy disc games to hard drive? Hold on now I could be renting games and copying them?

3. If/when I buy a used hard drive what software is supposed to be on it? I don't want to accidentally erase something that's supposed to be there.

4. What do you think is a fair price on a 60/120 gig drive?

Thank you.
1. The center green buttons on the controller will start flashing, at wich point you press it to bring up the xbox menu and there will be a little battery life symbol in the top right or left. nickel rechargables are fine but dont go buy those if you dont already have them, just get the xbox rechargable battery pack or if your really on a budget jsut the cord for 8 dollars would be fine, turn your wireless into a wired.
2. This is a common newb question, the answer is no. microsoft isnt that stupid, the purpose of installing the games to your hard drive (about 6 gigs a game) is to make the game run smoother and load faster while your playing it. makes it so the disc doesnt have to spin as much and its less wear on your disc drive over time. get a 60g or 120g hard drive if you plan on doing this cause a 20g hard drive will fill up faster than you think.
3.Buy a refurbed hard drive and you wont have to worry about it cause it should be wiped clean. or if you buy from a private seller ask them if they had the contents transferred onto their new hard drive. i have an empty 20g at home because i bought a 120g and it came with a cord that transfers your old to your new and wipes the old clean. there really shouldnt be any software on it you need that u can delete though, when u put it in your system if it asks you to do a system set up then ur fine, if not, goto the memory option and delete any personal setting or profiles on the hard drive and restart your xbox and hopefully it asks u to do an initial setup.
4.20g refurbed from a gamestop can go for 59.99 but check out ebay, i see them there for 30. 60g goes for around 55 used.

cant really add much to that. but yeah

hard drives cant be completely wiped, so dont worry you cant get rid of anything you need.

about all i can add. even though not adding much.

but i can confirm everything senses said.

except prices of used hardrives as thats different from here in UK

cant really add much to that. but yeah

hard drives cant be completely wiped, so dont worry you cant get rid of anything you need.

about all i can add. even though not adding much.

but i can confirm everything senses said.

except prices of used hardrives as thats different from here in UK

i didnt even take his location into consideration. thats USD, idk where your from but i'll let you convert it.

Back