SSBB online issues.

zapasant

Where is your god now?
Aug 13, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
2887-9874-6238-6951
January 31, 2008

Well, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is now out in Japan and importers have already put their controllers down to blog about the game. Kotaku's Brian Ashcraft, who got his hands on an import copy of Brawl tonight, made a post about the anticipated fighter's online mode. Unfortunately, it seems his experience with Brawl online play hasn't been overwhelmingly positive.

See for yourself what he has to say:

"Back before Super Smash Bros. Brawl was released, footage of Nintendo Co., Ltd. in Kyoto and SSBB developer Sora in Tokyo playing each other online surfaced. The online aspect of the game looked very smooth with no lags whatsoever. I'm assuming it is smooth. Assume because I haven't been able to clock a single online brawl. Hello Xbox Live circa 2002."

Hopefully, things will be ironed out soon. After all, the game just launched in Japan today.

Source

It's because there's no one to play with online yet in America.

this isnt really a surprise to me. as long as finding somone to battle is as easy as mario strikers i will fine with that. i think it need more time for the online community to grow.

The L.S said:
^ that could be true, but I think maybe everyone is rushing through the other stuff to unlock chars.:p

i agree. i would not go directly online to get my butt kicked before playing the game to get used to the controls.

i was watching a podcast for a couple of hours, and the guy went through multiple brawls online

they were pretty smooth......and took about 30 seconds to load(there's a timer when your fighting the sandbag waiting)

I seen videos on youtube where guys are playing online without a problem, I don't know what this guy is talking about. :shocked:

~X

there are no servers in the US? are you serious?

That may explain why I can never connect online when playing Nights. I know its not the most popular online game in their line up but I find it odd that i can't even connect at all. I doubt it would be due to the fact that no one else owns the game.

SkullKid said:
Exactly. The flippin game hasn't come out yet in America! How is he supposed to find someone to battle if the game wasn't released?! Jeez, some people are IDIOTS.

it uses world wide servers and your wii can connect to servers in japan. it really has nothing to do with that.

Off Topic: If that is the case and the servers are not the issue then can someone please try and help me connect to the WFC network.

I'd like to actually try a match of nights online someday and nothing seems to work. But until the issue is fixed I'm Dead in the Water as far as online gaming goes.

Back