Sterotyping Wii's Graphics

pmarc22 said:
I'm not saying they don't count. Not at all. I'm just saying that the focus of the Wii mainly isn't on graphics but is on gameplay.

yup and its pretty much a fact that gameplay comes first, then graphics

Sovieto said:
yup and its pretty much a fact that gameplay comes first, then graphics

Yeah, I totally agree. But when the next-gen cycle after the Wii comes around are you still gonna want Gamecube graphics?

Ok. First. Why would we still have gamecube graphics after the wii. We already know that the wii graphics will be better than the gamecubes. So why would nintendo go backwards? And also... I personally wouldnt care. The gamecube graphics were perfect for all I cared. The only thing would be that the gameplay would need to be improved otherwise I would just stick with my wii!

DarkDepths said:
Ok. First. Why would we still have gamecube graphics after the wii. We already know that the wii graphics will be better than the gamecubes. So why would nintendo go backwards? And also... I personally wouldnt care. The gamecube graphics were perfect for all I cared. The only thing would be that the gameplay would need to be improved otherwise I would just stick with my wii!

I wasn't being literal, I was just putting things into persepective. Somewhere along the line Nintendo is going to have to upgrade their graphics because that's what the average consumer guns for nowadays, and while Nintendo will always have it's core audience (all of us for instance), it just can't compete against the shear numbers of the regular gamers.

Nintendo is improving their graphics. Besides, I remember reading some of shiggy's words which stated that while they are not making an hd ready console at the moment. They have plans to develop on in the future when more people have hdtv's.

The Wii graphics will look beatiful. Im not worried at all about the graphics. The game play is what is going to sell the Wii.

Ubisoft and EA have already stated Wii will have better graphics than the PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox, so it's graphics really aren't "current gen" and seriously, you can't tell how good the graphics for a system can get until it's been around for a year or so and the developers finally start pushing the system.

Look at this video of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. It's a beautiful, detailed game with nice physics and character movement, and it was for the Xbox, so the Wii will have better graphics than this! That's more than good enough for me.
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cKJwKo1N2w[/MEDIA]

Well I am 16 and isn't by opinon they literlaly have better ghapics I mean dont call me a sony drone you need to read up on the ps3 that is what is was made for killler graphics check out the trailers of Motor storm and FF 13 there are competing with Xbox 360 for graphics.

What is my opinon? Based on the ps3 games i have seen ps3 has it hands down unfournely X box 360 will be the winner becuase the ps3 may have better graphics but the pricing to is way to much of a drawoff and will lose many hardcore fans.

OK, first off the ps3 are not at all lifelike or photo-realistic, people need to stop saying that altogether. Second the PS3 was just recently downgraded in the graphics department again, so obviously the "pre-captures in real time" movies we have seen aren't on real hardware and even if it can achieve those graphics, they are not much better then the Wii, the Wii has motion sensing and is under $250, the PS3 is $600, what a rip-off, Sony is just feeding their same old crap to everyone, just like with the ps2, the AI was supposed to be realistic, built in, let me just say that was a huge lie. Sony has been going downhill and the PS3 hopefully either wakes them up or crushes them with its failure because it is companies like that who are stifling the game industry and taking all the fun out of it, also numbers aren't everything, just take an awesome video card, the fastest processor, 1 terabyte HD, HD-DVD Bluray combo drive burner, and throw it in a cardboard box, wow nothing happens. how a system is put together matters more than numbers, the Wii has been custom built around each part so they all support each other, and also the bluray drive in the PS3 is slower throughput then an 8x dvd drive so guess what is coming through to the PS3, load times thats right, and judging from their "excellent" slim ps2 probably overheating and breaking, which would explain why they won't show it at a conference, it would start skipping before the day was through and show how much trash it is, well i talked long enough, bye.

I was just wondering, if PS3 will have the Blue-ray disc drive and HDTV resolution, feels like Sony is going to force people into buying new HDTV:s with HDCP support, why??? cause both the blue-ray and hd-dvd will have HDCP encryption and needs a HDCP ready TV to work.
Will sony be releasing some new HDCP ready LCD:s soon???

the wiis graphics r probably going to enhance from the gamecube ones, it has so many features that they cannot afford to misso ut on graphics, trust me the nintendo Wii is gonna b a big hit...it all depends on what kind of games your interested in, u know what i mean?

Back