Tattoo

Stevwen

WiiChat Member
Feb 26, 2008
Las Vegas
Wii Online Code
2405-6575-0116-3326
I'm getting a tattoo very soon, and when its finished I'll be sure to get some pictures posted. It all started as a gag, for when my friends asked 'you getting any tattoos?' and I'd tell them all about this idea I'd had just for giggles.
But then I actually started thinking about it, and now I really really want to get it done.
So I figure I'd at least run it by some Nintendo Fanboys and see if they think its a good idea:
DONKEY KONG TATTOO!?!?
Thats right. Not the old school NES DK, but more like the recent Donkey Kong.
Not sure why, but I've always identified with the big guy, and I wouldn't mind explaining to my kids exactly who Donkey Kong is. (If I even have to say anything at all)
So what do you think?

!S

Stevwen said:
I'm getting a tattoo very soon, and when its finished I'll be sure to get some pictures posted. It all started as a gag, for when my friends asked 'you getting any tattoos?' and I'd tell them all about this idea I'd had just for giggles.
But then I actually started thinking about it, and now I really really want to get it done.
So I figure I'd at least run it by some Nintendo Fanboys and see if they think its a good idea:
DONKEY KONG TATTOO!?!?
Thats right. Not the old school NES DK, but more like the recent Donkey Kong.
Not sure why, but I've always identified with the big guy, and I wouldn't mind explaining to my kids exactly who Donkey Kong is. (If I even have to say anything at all)
So what do you think?

!S
No! Get Waluigi's face tattooed over your own face!

Hah, remember that full on Waluigi body tattoo, Frummage? ;)

I don't like the look of tattooes as people get older, eugh. But, it's your life and you can do whatever you want with it. I'll run away at the sight of needles though.

I was thinking of getting a tattoo.

I just can't think of what to have though, I don't want to get a tattoo that I'll regret in a few years.

just don't use this image, this image is EVERYWHERE
250px-DonkeyKongMP7.jpg

i want to get a tatoo of a bull(born april 21st), a horse(born 1990) and a yoshi(born liking nintendo) all running together

I'd only get one tattoo, and it'd be for something significant. Something I won't regret getting, when I look at it when I'm 64 I'd actually want it to get fixed up instead of lasering it off. Somethign to do with my family's coat of arms or, about someone that died. Just my opinion on any kind of tattoos.

^lol

Is this actually serious? You're actually going to get a tattoo of Donkey Kong? He is that significant to you?

Hell yea he is. Its just gonna be about the size of a cd on my right upper arm. Also I'm going to get him just as solid black lines, with only the Red DK tie filled in.
And yea I caught the possible Beatles reference there too, although I was more leaning towards Nintendo 64. (If we're talking number significance)
As for tattoo significance, I think people spend way too much time thinking "Will i regret this when I'm older?"
The point of the tattoo is to document how you feel now, and to change your appearance to how you want it to be. And if in the future you look at your tattoo, you should be thinking "Man, what a goofball i was" or "Now there's a neat tattoo"
Because you only live once, and I'd rather do my living with DK on my arm.
So how about some suggestions for images then? I thought I found one that I liked, but if you guys have any more suggestions I'd be happy to take a look.
!S

Frummage:

Why not get Waluigi's moustache tattooed on the inside of your index finger? That way you could hold your finger in front of your nose and have the moustache instantly at your disposal?
I've seen that style of tattoo in person about 3 times, and it's looked good each time. Plus its not in a very noticeable spot.

!S

^I'm sure I once would have loved a pokemon tattoo. If I had gotten one, would I have said either of the two phrases you provided? No, I would have said 'Why the **** is there a pokemon on my arm?"

I'm done. Your choice. Not mine. Anger managementtttttttttt.

Frogger said:
Did Tyler actually just clock on to a Beatles reference? D:
No.

Stevwen said:
Hell yea he is. Its just gonna be about the size of a cd on my right upper arm. Also I'm going to get him just as solid black lines, with only the Red DK tie filled in.
And yea I caught the possible Beatles reference there too, although I was more leaning towards Nintendo 64. (If we're talking number significance)
As for tattoo significance, I think people spend way too much time thinking "Will i regret this when I'm older?"
The point of the tattoo is to document how you feel now, and to change your appearance to how you want it to be. And if in the future you look at your tattoo, you should be thinking "Man, what a goofball i was" or "Now there's a neat tattoo"
Because you only live once, and I'd rather do my living with DK on my arm.
So how about some suggestions for images then? I thought I found one that I liked, but if you guys have any more suggestions I'd be happy to take a look.
!S
What kind of loser would become obsessed with a Nintendo character?

I bet you even have a DK fan club.

Get a life.

:lol:

FRuMMaGe said:
What kind of loser would become obsessed with a Nintendo character?

I bet you even have a DK fan club.

Get a life.

:lol:

Ease off troll, this is nowhere near obsession. This coming from the man/girl/boy who is "Waluigi's #1 Fan?"
I'll reserve any comments that could be made about the man in purple, although I'm sure there is much to be said. :ciappa:
This'll just be my first tattoo, and I wanted it to be something that had significance to me. I've been looking at tattoos and watching my friends get tattoos for some years now, and this tattoo not only fits me, but it'll be a great conversation piece.
Even if I'm 64 :wink:

!S

Stevwen said:
Ease off troll, this is nowhere near obsession. This coming from the man/girl/boy who is "Waluigi's #1 Fan?"

In case your sarcasm meter is broken (or just needs to be plugged in), mine went full red on FRuMMaGe's post.

i.e., Lighten up, Francis.

re: The Topic

I would never get ink because it's a "great conversation piece" (the most significant ones usually don't even show in "regular" attire.)

I'd also skip pop culture references, though they can be interesting as a design basis. I guess I'd really have to see the concept art to get a real handle on it.

Back