The Death of Consoles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bliss

WiiChat Member
Aug 28, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Seems former Vice President of Xbox Europe Sandy Duncan is sayin that "there will be nothing under out TV's in 5 to 10 years".

I have 2 sides on this:

1. I find SOO hard to believe cuz gaming has such a HUGE following and honestly it goes more and more with every console put out. So i just cant see this happening

2. IF this ever does happen the only way i see it, is that if we are really really advanced in gaming. Such as you put a headset on or something and its actually you in the game...you are Mario..but i dont know just a thought.

Sandy Duncan sees it that you will stream data from a server or PC straight to your tv. Which does sound pretty cool and i would be willing to try it.

Wats all your thoughts on this

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=185625

To be honest I don't see it happening either. Gaming is too popular, it's the 2nd best way of entertainment and I don't see it "dying" in 5 to 10 years, I think it will only improve.

I don't see it dying anytime soon

i mean look at Nintendo, who would have thought that we would have a system that uses motion sensing to play your games 5-10 yrs ago

it can only go up from here

yea i agree it can only go up from here. but i also agree a bit with Sandy Duncan, the more i think about it. Cuz all he is saying is that the "box" we put our games into will be replaced. And that i can see happening in 5 - 10 years.

Come on the Wii was on opera really man gaming has no chance of dieing unless it is found to actually kill people some how LOL!

For a MS exec to believe it will happen makes sense MS is no Nintendo or sony. Maybe he is predicting MS's death?

WiitnessID said:
Come on the Wii was on opera really man gaming has no chance of dieing unless it is found to actually kill people some how LOL!

For a MS exec to believe it will happen makes sense MS is no Nintendo or sony. Maybe he is predicting MS's death?

I think u read it wrong, he is NOT predicting the end of gaming. He is sayin that he predicts the end of CONSOLES. Gaming will live on just in a different way. He believes it will be feed through a server into our TV's.

Well he has some valid points. These days every single media device has multiple roles. So a device ONLY for gaming seems a thing of the past. Just look at the Wii in Japan with its Tv guide

cyberzomby said:
Well he has some valid points. These days every single media device has multiple roles. So a device ONLY for gaming seems a thing of the past. Just look at the Wii in Japan with its Tv guide

True, something like a TV with a console built in or something? Could be the other way around as well, or have a bunch of contraptions built in.

But 5-10 years is too soon for consoles to be "dead". Maybe after another 5 years or so after the next console.

This has been posted already though:
http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-chat/56691-consoles-die-out-next-5-10-years.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back