The Last Story NA Release Confirmed!

hybrid -x1

~graceful assassin~
Sep 14, 2010
Shooting Star Suimmit
Wii Online Code
1000-2000-3000-4000
During Nintendo of America's Direct presentation today, President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime revealed that Mistwalker's Wii RPG The Last Story will be released in North America after all. XSEED Games will be working with Nintendo to publish Sakaguchi's title later this year. Initially released in Japan in January 2011, The Last Story is only a couple days away from a European launch.This game marks the first time Hironobu Sakaguchi has taken the helm as the actual director of a game since Final Fantasy V, as he was in a producer role for most titles after that. Joining Sakaguchi is another Final Fantasy vet, Nobuo Uematsu, who composed the game's score. More details about The Last Story's North American release should be coming soon.

Source: RPGamer

English Promo:
[video=youtube;qRuaFjDA5kQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuaFjDA5kQ[/video]

Limited Edition Teaser:
[video=youtube;oRZtfdRcTTM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRZtfdRcTTM[/video]

Last edited:
Didn't think I'd be buying another Wii game after Skyward Sword. :lol: I'll take it.

YES!! Good on you karpMod! This is a FANTASTIC game. I camped and waited throughout the year of 201o when I first saw the last story japan trailer.
So I bought it in japanese at launch jan 2011 and now I pre-ordered the PAL version (I have it now actually lol) But to think that this game is getting a NA release!? Jeeze I don't know if I should buy that version or not. ARG I'm a sucker for these kind of things.

Blah forget about me just get this game EVERYONE! Support operation RainFall

Kudos to Nintendo for finally moving into the right direction ,but its one small step. Nintendo could make Wii go out with a bang if they release the rest of the unlocalized games such as Pandora's Tower, NPC Pikmin 2/Chibi Robo, Takt of Magic, Dynamic Slash,Fatal Frame 2/4, Another Code R, and etc.

Now ive played a little of euro version of Last Story ,and theres something i don't understand. I love the game so far ,but WHY can't i aim Zael's bow with my wiimote. Using the control stick feels akward when you are using the control stick to move then you hold Z ,and you automaticly think ill point with the wii mote yet it doesn't work that way. grrr

Yes sir..why did i buy a console with motion controls ,and not given the option to use them. If theres any type of gameplay that begs for motion is anything that requires aiming.

Yes sir indeed it is! If you or anyone can't tell from my Wii gamertag (in signature) I've been playing The Last Story since I posted this thread. So yeah this would explain my absence lol I love the fact that I can understand the story now and it's epic. The online modes are still crazy **** fun (which reminds me I need to generate my FC for last story)

@Maximo isn't Pandora's Tower getting a PAL release? So technically it is in english (uk english) but hey its better than just Japanese. I do agree with what you said though! Also....MARIO PARTY 9 NEXT MONTH! Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Yes sir indeed it is! If you or anyone can't tell from my Wii gamertag (in signature) I've been playing The Last Story since I posted this thread. So yeah this would explain my absence lol I love the fact that I can understand the story now and it's epic. The online modes are still crazy **** fun (which reminds me I need to generate my FC for last story)

@Maximo isn't Pandora's Tower getting a PAL release? So technically it is in english (uk english) but hey its better than just Japanese. I do agree with what you said though! Also....MARIO PARTY 9 NEXT MONTH! Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Yeah i know Pandora's is getting PAL release ,but i was refering to NA releases. If you go by PAL at least 4 of those games are either already released there ,or are going to be

Back