The Many Holidays of Every Day

I seriously doubt you've ever raised your own food. It is as naturally raised as it gets.

Uhmmm wut? Never said I do. Do you? I dont understand what your doin... Do not know if troll or not...

Uhmmm wut? Never said I do. Do you? I dont understand what your doin... Do not know if troll or not...
What I'm trying to get at, is that your so called naturally raised meat is complete bull. If you were to raise it yourself, then you'd be certain you get what you paid for.
Indeed. If you raised your own livestock, you'd know that fat animals are a blessing for yourself and the animal.

November 3rd

Today, we've got a good seven holidays.

Cliché' Day
National Men Make Dinner Day
Sandwich Day
Culture Day (Japan)
National Day (Dominica)
Independence Day (Micronesia)
Independence Day (Panama)

Cliché' Day is gonna kill me as much as pun day; use as many cliche phrases and sayings as much as possible. If I wasn't the one posting this, I'd instead be saying please don't. :lol:

National Men Make Dinner Day is a holiday of danger. It's the job of the family man to make dinner today, and many a wife and child dread the thought... To prevent any horrid taste bud disasters if you'll be the chef of the night, read here.

Sandwich Day commemorates the birthday of Lord John Montague; better known as the Fourth Earl of Sandwich. Y'know, that one guy who invented the sandwich. Considering every day in the US, about 300 million sandwiches are eaten, y'all should have little trouble celebrating Sandwich Day. I loves me some sammiches, so holiday pick of the day.

Japan's Culture Day is obviously a day to promote the arts and endeavors of many cultures. This is somewhat ironic considering Japan was the definition of an isolated culture until the end of WWII, which is when this holiday was instated.

Dominica's National Day celebrates it's independence from, yet again, the UK... Which makes me wonder why so many National Days aren't independence days.

Micronesia's Independence Day commemorates the day it was released from a trust territory; which was given by the UN to the US.

Panama's Independence Day celebrates it's separation from Colombia in 1903 and thus, it's independence.

... An awful short post for seven holidays. Ah well, whatever.

What're y'all's favorite sandwiches?

... Simple is delicious, I suppose. :lol:

My favorite sammich is also relatively simple, but it ain't as simple to make. Rye bread, lettuce, and stack it high with the freshest, high quality chicken, ham, turkey, and roast beef. No generic deli or packaged **** since it ain't fresh and piled of with preservatives and such.

If y'all have ever gone hunting for your own food (or for fun), you'll know fresh meat makes one hell of a difference in flavor. If ya never have had somethin' freshly slaughtered, your taste buds ain't lived 'till ya have.

I've never focused on making sandwiches. I guess the females making sammich rule somehow got through to me.

Tch, the women I know couldn't make a sammich half as good as I can. And considering a sammich is hardly complicated, that's rather pathetic. :lol:

Post of the day I forgot for a few hours coming in another hour... or so.

Last edited:
November 4th

Today we've got five holidays and three birthdays.

Candy Day
Mischief Night
Use Your Common Sense Day
Flag Day (Panama)
Victory Day (Italy)
Laura Bush's Birthday
Robert Mapplethorpe's Birthday
Will Rogers' Birthday

Candy Day decides to be a few days after Halloween for no good reason, so I wouldn't blame you if ya avoided this holiday, or at least didn't avidly celebrate it.

Mischief Night makes it's appearance again; but for the Brits this time. The difference from the US date is a reference to the day some treasonous fool who wanted to dethrone the monarch James I via a huge gunpowder explosion, was caught and the crime prevented, in 1605.

You can celebrate Use Your Common Sense Day simply by understanding what the holiday is about... Too bad common sense ain't all-that common.

Panama's Flag Day commemorates the day Panama adopted their official flag, in 1925... Meh.

Italy's Victory Day celebrates the day a 1918 WWI treaty between Austria and it was signed, giving Italy control over Trentino and Trieste... Again, meh.

Laura Bush's Birthday is nothing to celebrate. Rather, it is a day to feel sorry for her being married to a complete moron who's done and said some utterly retarded things.

Robert Mapplethorpe is a famous photographer known for his homoeroticism, and the controversy it spawned. I'd look into his work and comment on it as per usual, but... yeah. Not my cup of tea, no thanks. ;_;

Will Rogers is a world-famous actor from the roaring 20's who certainly does deserve his fame. He's a man of comedy, a grand actor who starred in many a hit film, and a humorist philosopher in every sort of the phrase. His quick-witted one liners and many quotes are famous for a reason. I'm a man who loves a good laugh, so holiday or not, it's my pick of the day.

Another relatively small post for eight days total...

November 5th

Today, we've got a measly four holidays and a single birthday.

Eid-Al-Adha
Sadie Hawkins Day
All Saints Day (Sweden)
Guy Fawkes Day
Roy Rogers' Birthday

Eid-Al-Adha is a Muslim holiday celebrating Abraham and his willingness to sacrifice his son as an act of obedience to his god... ... ... Yeah. On that moral-less note, I'll say no more.

Sadie Hawkins Day is a bunch of lulz born from a 1937 comic strip of Li'l Abner, and has been celebrated since 1939. The Sadie Hawkins from the comic in question was an unmarried woman who was desperate to get married, still being unwed at 35. So crazy **** went down in said comic and inspired a day where women are to ask out the man of their choice rather than vice versa; keep in mind the sexism and such way back then was more prominent than a fat guy is in modern America. It certainly doesn't mean as much as it once did, but it's an interesting unofficial holiday to say the least.

Sweden's All Saints Day is what it is. :p The change of date is simply that for Sweden, All Saints Day always falls on the Saturday between October 31st and November 6th.

Guy Fawkes Night celebrates the prevention of that arson traitor's assassination plot mentioned yesterday via mischief night. Back in the pre-modern days, Guy Fawkes Night was really just a means to shout religious hatred around rather than a holiday. Violence and general bigotry would always follow this holiday, and it really wasn't until the 20th century until it was an actual joyous holiday. When bonfires were lit for the holiday, effigies of Fawkes were often burned in 'em.

Roy Rogers, original name Leonard Franklin Slye was a famous American cowboy singer and actor from the mid 20th century, and holy god did he star in a lot of movies; more than a hundred. More importantly for his well known role, he certainly wasn't no cowboy being born in Ohio of 1911, but his did live on a farm for some time. He worked his way up from the bottom of B-list to having his own action figures, radio show, and out-right fame, so there's no denying he's skilled at what he does. A legendary actor, indeed. Y'all should know by now I'm a man who loves his westerns by now, so yet again a birthday that ain't a holiday, gets my pick of the day.

... I've got the urge to play Red Dead now. :lol:

Last edited:
November 6th

Today, we've got a good six holidays and one birthday.

National Chicken Wing Day
Saxophone Day
Marooned without a Compass Day
Daylight Savings Time Ends
UN International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict
Zero-Tasking Day
John Philip Sousa's Birthday

National Chicken Wing Day is the day to eat one of the most unhealthy fried creations ever. I sure as **** will take this day as an excuse to eat some delicious wings, love 'em. :lol:

Saxophone Day celebrates the beauteous woodwind instrument that is, of course, the saxophone. Invented by Adolphe Sax in the 1840s, Jazz just wouldn't be Jazz without it. Unfortunately, the inventor responsible for blessing our ears had stiff assholes as competition, and they forced the fellow and his company into bankruptcy twice. He got right back up in the face of debt time and again like a boss, though. Out of respect for the man and my outright love for jazz (I'm a blues man, ya see...), this is unanimously the holiday pick of the day.

Marooned without a Compass Day is your day to learn what the **** you'd do if you got lost in the middle of nowhere without a compass, map, etc. You never know when your car's gonna break down in the middle of nowhere, when your plane crashes and you somehow survive, so on and so forth... And considering how we've got iPhones and worthless **** to do this stuff for us when we really don't need the help, at least make sure you've got a good sense of direction about ya. Your apps won't save you when you're stuck in a blizzard a few miles from "civilization", if the nearest town can even be called that.

Daylight Savings Time Ends.
:D

Zero-Tasking Day is my kind of day. To celebrate the day, use that "gained" hour to just sit around and do nothing, chill, relax. Or sleep. No complaints from me. :thumbsup:

UN International Day for Preventing the Usage of Really Long Holiday Names, also known as UN International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict, which should forever be shortened to UN IDPEEWAC from here on out for GOD'S sake, is a day of awareness to prevent environmental damage when it comes to armed conflicts of any sort. It's sort of like why chemical warfare was banned, just not as extreme. We're supposed to destroy each other in war, not the land we're fighting on! How can there be battles if the planet is in pieces?

John Philip Sousa is a legendary American composer responsible for creating many a militia marching piece still popularly used today. He was a bit of a jack of all trades rather than just a march composer, however; he wrote multiple operettas, novels, and invented the sousaphone, further cementing himself as a brilliant march composer. His compositions certainly ain't of my tastes, but he's got my respect regardless.

So who else got taste in music and enjoys the smooth tunes of jazz? If ya do, anything in particular? As I mentioned earlier I'm personally a blues man (Muddy Waters is a boss), but I'm always up for some swing.

Since you asked:
[video=youtube;wGcyKEZtWuE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wGcyKEZtWuE[/video]

Back