The Many Holidays of Every Day

Splash_King

The Scrubbiest of Hunters
Jan 25, 2009
Nimbasa City
Wii Online Code
0129-0129-0129-0129
When we're thinking of holidays, I'd imagine religious-related days such as Christmas, and vacation come to mind. But believe it or not, there is a holiday every day. Some not officially recognized, some that have little purpose but for shits and giggles, such as "no pants day". But yes, there are holidays every day, and at times there can be 10 holidays on a single day!

In this thread, I'm gonna talk about these miscellaneous holidays every day. Whether you want to see my mini-rants on how stupid some of these are, or want to input some comments on the holidays in discussion yourself, do enjoy the thread! :) And who knows, maybe you'll find a new day to celebrate.

happy-holidays_gif.jpg

Last edited:
October 13th

Posting this right after midnight in my timezone... Woops. :p

There're three holidays taking place today (... yesterday) :

Saint Edward the Confessor Feast Day
Sukkot
Navy Birthday

Can't say any of these holidays I'll be ranting about. Saint Edward's Feast Day is in commemoration of a Middle Age King who wasn't a complete tyrant. Not a bad excuse to down some extra food into your gullet.

Sukkot is a Jewish holiday filled with food and festival, and there shouldn't be any complaining about food and festival.

Navy Birthday, my personal choice of this day's holidays, is somewhat obviously the celebration of the birth of the navy; however, to my surprise this holiday is for the US Navy's birthday, the Continental Navy. When I think of a Navy which is worth celebrating, the Royal British Navy is what I think of, certainly not my country's old, worthless hand-me-down Navy from the American Revolution. :lol:

http://www.history.navy.mil/birthday.htm

I picked this holiday as the day's favorite for one reason: it's historical. Since I'm not Jewish, it'd be rude for me to prance about celebrating Sukkot as JUST an excuse for said food and festival and thus I won't choose it, and I can't say a Middle Age King is as relevant to me as my country's old fleet of sea rovers. So Navy Birthday wins my favorite for the first post of the thread. =D

EDIT: SON OF A-- I wasn't expecting anyone to post before me so quick, lmao.

http://www.holidaysforeveryday.com/caljan11.shtml

April 25th is National Crayola Day..........Go figure.

You can wait 'till April 25th to discuss that. :p

Sure, we can treat everyday as a holiday. But then... it wouldn't be a holiday, would it? :wink:

And that my friend, is the difference between widely-celebrated and commercialized holidays, and random ones that have next-to-no publicity.

Last edited:
I picked this holiday as the day's favorite for one reason: it's historical. Since I'm not Jewish, it'd be rude for me to prance about celebrating Sukkot as JUST an excuse for said food and festival and thus I won't choose it, and I can't say a Middle Age King is as relevant to me as my country's old fleet of sea rovers. So Navy Birthday wins my favorite for the first post of the thread. =D
Not jewish? I find that hard to believe.

That's for me to know and you to find out. Here's a better question, are YOU religious?

Nah, agnostic bro. So, how could I possibly find out if you don't tell? Guessing? :lol: If I had to, I'd say you're in a similar vote.

^That is the first time I've seen someone underline a quote. No, I didn't even know Smith had something to do with that.
Nah, agnostic bro. So, how could I possibly find out if you don't tell? Guessing? :lol: If I had to, I'd say you're in a similar vote.
You can find out plenty without needing to tell, as I've done in the past . It's much more fun if you use your deduction skills.
This short topic detour was expected. After all, holidays are closely knit with religious and political observations.

You can find out plenty without needing to tell, as I've done in the past . It's much more fun if you use your deduction skills.
This short topic detour was expected. After all, holidays are closely knit with religious and political observations.

I'll be sticking with what I've said then; agnostic or similar.

Next legitimate holiday post coming half a day or more from now. :D

October 14th

Holiday post two of the holiday thread. =D

We've only got two holidays today:

Be Bald and Be Free Day
President Dwight Eisenhower's Birthday

Be Bald and Be Free Day is, quite obviously, a holiday to celebrate Baldness, and for those not open about balding or being bald to be open about it. A... strange holiday to say the least. I doubt too many people would display their baldness if it's natural balding rather than a wanted lack of hair. This is one of the many "be proud of something that has nothing to do with pride" days that are unnecessary to say the least. :lol:

Dwight Eisenhower's Birthday isn't technically a holiday, but it is my holiday of choice regardless (considering what few choices I have today :p). Dwight David "Ike" Eisenhower, the 34th president of the USA for two terms from 1953 to 1961, was certainly president at a key time in history, being that he had some business to deal with relating to the nuclear arms race, and obviously, the Cold War in it's entirety.

Not only did he perform adequately as president in an important point in time, but he certainly made plenty of political accomplishments as well, such as his successes in foreign policies and pushing forward in getting rid of segregation, Little Rock Nine being a perfect example.

Might as well honor someone who did some good things for an entire country with my holiday pick of the day, yeah?

Back