The Many Holidays of Every Day

December 17th

Today, we've got just four holidays... Holiday season my ass. ¬_¬

National Maple Syrup Day
Saturnalia
Take a New Year's Resolution to Stop Smoking... Day?
Wright Brothers Day
DPrinny's Birthday

National Maple Syrup Day celebrates this sweet syrup of which North America loves so much; or so we all think. Few maple syrup consumers know that the maple syrup you see in stores is actually not maple syrup at all; usually it's just sugar and/or corn syrup. If you read over all the containers you see in the store, you'll find 99% of them say maple syrup flavor, or are called pancake syrup or somethin'. These syrups will contain 'bout a maximum of 5% actual maple syrup. Yeah. The real stuff is always a bit more expensive, but ridiculously more delicious (and even contains less sugar, for the healthy-minded). If all you've had is the generic maple syrup substitute, you're seriously missing out on something even better. Get your hands on the real stuff and enjoy it however you like; toast, waffles, ice cream, the traditional pancakes, whatever.

Saturnalia was effectively a harvest festival celebrated by the Romans of olde; which is to say, before Christianity overrun the world, and thus was celebrated only before Jeebus Christo got into bondage and had a lethal accident. If you know anything of Roman mythology, you would probably guess the festival celebrates Saturn, the god of agriculture. Wine was brewed, feasts were had, gifts were exchanged (yeah, Christmas didn't pioneer this tradition, I can tell ya that much), bonfires were made, and sacrifices would also come into play. T'was a time of joy for anyone not a slave or fated to be sacrificed.

Take a New Year's Resolution to Stop Smoking Day is stupid. Why wait until New Years to stop smoking when you can start on it now? "Stop Smoking Day" would of been the route to take.

Wright Brothers Day celebrates the day these legendary aviation bros achieved a full twelve seconds of powered, human-controlled flight, a feat previously not met by any. Flight had been previously achieved; or rather, gliding; but the wright brothers actually flew off the ground and sustained air with their aeroplane for a time. Their success was an absolute breakthrough for not only aeronautics, but revolutionary in the eyes of man for transportation as a whole. In fact, just this year, Wright Brothers Day is now an official holiday, rectified by Congress and Brock Obama himself. It ain't no labor day in being a vacation holiday, but it's official. HAPPY WRIGHT BROTHERS DAY! :D In the name of science and the evolution of mankind's intelligence and technology, this is my holiday pick of the day.

Anyone who's been on Wiichat for more than a day of FC-nabbing knows the legendary d00d who's got that gargantuan post count always seen on the forum home page. DPrinny, formerly Darkprinny (for all you noobs), is without a doubt the most dedicated member Wiichat has ever seen; five years of Wiichattery through good and bad. Always bringin' the good content, being a cool dude, and now bringing the ban hammer. If any Prinny can be a hero, it's this one. Happy (... late >_< ) Birthday, Prinny.

So, who's actually been on a plane? ... If so, did you get stuck with a baby? >_>;

Last edited:
December 17th

Today, we've got just four holidays... Holiday season my ass. ¬_¬

National Maple Syrup Day
Saturnalia
Take a New Year's Resolution to Stop Smoking... Day?
Wright Brothers Day

National Maple Syrup Day celebrates this sweet syrup of which North America loves so much; or so we all think. Few maple syrup consumers know that the maple syrup you see in stores is actually not maple syrup at all; usually it's just sugar and/or corn syrup. If you read over all the containers you see in the store, you'll find 99% of them say maple syrup flavor, or are called pancake syrup or somethin'. These syrups will contain 'bout a maximum of 5% actual maple syrup. Yeah. The real stuff is always a bit more expensive, but ridiculously more delicious (and even contains less sugar, for the healthy-minded). If all you've had is the generic maple syrup substitute, you're seriously missing out on something even better. Get your hands on the real stuff and enjoy it however you like; toast, waffles, ice cream, the traditional pancakes, whatever.

Saturnalia was effectively a harvest festival celebrated by the Romans of olde; which is to say, before Christianity overrun the world, and thus was celebrated only before Jeebus Christo got into bondage and had a lethal accident. If you know anything of Roman mythology, you would probably guess the festival celebrates Saturn, the god of agriculture. Wine was brewed, feasts were had, gifts were exchanged (yeah, Christmas didn't pioneer this tradition, I can tell ya that much), bonfires were made, and sacrifices would also come into play. T'was a time of joy for anyone not a slave or fated to be sacrificed.

Take a New Year's Resolution to Stop Smoking Day is stupid. Why wait until New Years to stop smoking when you can start on it now? "Stop Smoking Day" would of been the route to take.

Wright Brothers Day celebrates the day these legendary aviation bros achieved a full twelve seconds of powered, human-controlled flight, a feat previously not met by any. Flight had been previously achieved; or rather, gliding; but the wright brothers actually flew off the ground and sustained air with their aeroplane for a time. Their success was an absolute breakthrough for not only aeronautics, but revolutionary in the eyes of man for transportation as a whole. In fact, just this year, Wright Brothers Day is now an official holiday, rectified by Congress and Brock Obama himself. It ain't no labor day in being a vacation holiday, but it's official. HAPPY WRIGHT BROTHERS DAY! :D In the name of science and the evolution of mankind's intelligence and technology, this is my holiday pick of the day.

So, who's actually been on a plane? ... If so, did you get stuck with a baby? >_>;
Yes I have been on a plane with a baby. What is all these mother****ing babies on this mother****ing plane

Enough is ENOUGH! I have had it with these MOTHERFUCKIN' babies on this MOTHERFUCKIN' plane! Everybody strap in, 'bout to open some fuckin' windows.

Oh, and please don't quote my entire post. >_>;

Enough is ENOUGH! I have had it with these MOTHERFUCKIN' babies on this MOTHERFUCKIN' plane! Everybody strap in, 'bout to open some fuckin' windows.

Oh, and please don't quote my entire post. >_>;
That was a win my friend

You think chucking babies out of plane windows is a win?! D:

... Well said. :thumbsup:

I am a Christian and I don't celebrate Christmas. It sounds weird but Christmas has nothing Christian about it (except what the Catholics stuck on it. No offence Catholics). But yeah, not all Christians hold on to Christmas.

Last edited:
Experimenting with centering I see... >_>;

I've never heard of a Christian family not celebrating Christmas. That's pretty awesome, actually. Not believing in a holiday that was stolen by one's religion is... Well, I don't know how to put, so let's just say it's pretty god damn beast. Respect, bro.

Experimenting with centering I see... >_>;
Woops i did not realize that :?
I think it gliched up there. It was bold also, but i changed that.
Anyway thanks
It's also ironic that other "Christians" ridicule me for not celebrating it, when it clearly is not Christian. What can I say, I love truth.

Last edited:
I've said this to another Wiichat Christian, and I'll say it again; we need more followers of religion like you, bro. :lol: As I've quoted many times, "There is only one good; knowledge. And one evil, ignorance.". Blind faith in religion falls under ignorance, IMO. Take all the goodness of religion, combine it with truth, and you've got somethin' grand. Leaving behind ignorance, religion would never again cause war, brand others as infidels, so on and so forth.

... 'Course, ignorance will always be more common than intelligence, so my wishes fall on the deaf ears of humanity. ;_;

I managed to forget Prinny's birthday... What a ****ing surprise, blargh. ~_~ Sorry bro, added to the Dec. 17th post.

Today's post coming soon.

December 18th

Today, we've got four holidays and a single birthday.

National Roast Suckling Pig Day
International Migrants Day
Republic Day (Niger)
Feast of Our Lady of Solitude
Steven Spielburg's Birthday

National Roast Suckling Pig Day is the Veal Day for pigs; slaughter a youngin' pig, roast and eat it... But in all honesty, I don't give a damn 'bout this holiday. I don't care for roast pig; I want me some bacon! :D

International Migrants Day is an off-take of Human Rights Day, but is more valid than the generic sub-category holiday I dislike. We all know that aliens are hardly appreciated in most, if not all countries. Racism is of course, the main source of why migrants are so poorly treated. While it ain't half as terrible as it used to be (foreigners getting off boats are no longer pelted with trash and [large] stones... for the most part =/), if any of you have heard of that new TV show All-American Muslims and how so many advertisers are pulling out because of their prejudices, you all know that the world still ain't a free place where any ethnicity can go anywhere they want without hate following 'em. I've always been a civil rights dude, so this gets my holiday pick of the day.

Niger's Republic Day celebrates the same day in 1958 that Niger had established it's own government, rather than being controlled completely by France. They didn't gain their independence just yet, but this was certainly the first step towards doing so.

Feast of Our Lady of Solitude is a Mexican holiday celebrating the blessed virgin Mary's solitude and faith on Holy Saturday in waiting for the rebirth of her son, Jesus Christ (wasn't expecting me to use his actual name, eh?! :p). It wasn't the most popular feast day until the 17th century where in Oaxaca, Mexico, a pack mule loaded up with stuff wandered into town without an owner anywhere in sight, and collapsed dead at a bare plot of land within Oaxaca. Inside the packaging it carried was a lavishly jeweled statue of Our Lady of Solitude studded with diamonds and a large pearl, among other things. The townsfolk considered it a sign, and built a church where the donkey had perished. That's certainly an interesting tale...

Steven Spielburg; famous for his blockbuster movies and taking part in developing quite a few other grand movies and even cartoons (Spielburg played a major hand in Animaniacs and Pinky & the Brain, for example). 'Course, we all know 'bout his modern films' critique controversy in that he just does the same old **** time and again, and his works no longer shine like they once did. I'm not a lover of modern films, so I wouldn't know, though...

... I do however, know that E.T. the Video Game was balls terrible.

Steven Spielburg; famous for his blockbuster movies and taking part in developing quite a few other grand movies and even cartoons (Spielburg played a major hand in Animaniacs and Pinky & the Brain, for example). 'Course, we all know 'bout his modern films' critique controversy in that he just does the same old **** time and again, and his works no longer shine like they once did. I'm not a lover of modern films, so I wouldn't know, though...
I agree that modern films are not as good as the films made 2 decades ago. Although I still want to see Steven Spielberg's Tintin movie. However I don't think it would be as good as the graphic novel.

The racist term has two Gs, mah boi. ^^; It's roots are indeed based on the country Niger's name.

Niger is also pronounced as nigh, as in the word nigh, and jer, as in jerk. Completely different bro.

Back