The National Football League Thread

There's a lot to happen between here and the mini-camps so we'll just have to wait and see. A lot going on right now as well, players getting cut, players in the process of getting big free-agency deals.

Little bit of news, the Giants franchised Brandon Jacobs, pretty much conceding that they are going to lose Ward.

The Bills' Marshawn Lynch was arrested in SoCal on gun charges. After he and his two passengers were confronted by police, they found a loaded firearm in his car. Released on $35,000 bail. Authorities would not comment on why he was confronted in the first place.

Little more news...

Ravens franchise Terrell Suggs, good move on their part.

Chargers franchise Darren Sproles, great move in my opinion.

Panthers franchise Julius Peppers, as he wants to leave they want a piece of the pie as well.

and

Titans franchise Bo Scaife.

Heres some puzzling news for me:

- The Oakland Raiders and cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha reached a 3yr/45.5 mil deal, making him the highest payed defensive back in NFL history.

Go Figure.

- The Oakland Raiders and cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha reached a 3yr/45.5 mil deal, making him the highest payed defensive back in NFL history.

Go Figure.

Yea I saw that on ESPN, but couldn't find an article with details. He's very good, but not worth being the highest paid db in history.

Yea I saw that on ESPN, but couldn't find an article with details. He's very good, but not worth being the highest paid db in history.

Its to bad people like Champ Bailey never got that kind of money back when they were the best, then people like this get such huge contracts.

Its to bad people like Champ Bailey never got that kind of money back when they were the best, then people like this get such huge contracts.

Hmm not sure about that one, I've always thought Bailey was a bit overrated. Thing is, you have to consider that Al Davis has to overpay his players to keep them playing in the worst organization in football.

I was just using Champ Bailey as an example, but yea I hadn't considered the fact that the Raiders are terrible.

I think the Raiders should do whatever possible to land Crabtree in the draft. Russel needs someoe to throw to and they missed out on Calvin Johnson already.

I was just using Champ Bailey as an example, but yea I hadn't considered the fact that the Raiders are terrible.

I think the Raiders should do whatever possible to land Crabtree in the draft. Russel needs someoe to throw to and they missed out on Calvin Johnson already.

Agreed, but I would feel quite sorry for Crabtree, or anyone that ends up being drafted by the Raiders.

Jamarcus Russel, Darren McFadden, and Michael Crabtree.

You stick an OK offensive line in there are you have yourself a solid offense in a few years.

Jamarcus Russel, Darren McFadden, and Michael Crabtree.

You stick an OK offensive line in there are you have yourself a solid offense in a few years.

Well to be half decent right now, they would just need Russell to pull his head out of his ass and play smart, and if I remember right he's not the most accurate passer out there either.

Albert Haynesworth agrees to 7 year $100 million with $41 million guaranteed with the Redskins.

Chiefs get Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel for a 2nd round draft pick. (That one doesn't make much sense to me, I thought they had to give up 2 first round picks for Cassel)

T.J. Houshmanzadeh reportedly agrees to a 5 year $40 million, with $15 million guaranteed with the Seattle Seahawks. Also Jason Taylor was released by the Redskins due to his slipping performance, not showing up for off-season workouts, and his injury.

Go Figure.

typical Raiders.

You guys feel bad for the guys being drafted by the Raiders...at least they got to a super bowl this decade.

I feel bad for whoever lands the number one pick with the Lions this year. No wonder so many junior quarterbacks deceided to stay for another year.

Back