The "Official" Mac 10.5 Leopard Thread

redwagon76

WiiChat Member
Feb 18, 2007
Rapid City, SD
I think it would be nice, with all the mac users on here, to have a thread to discuss Apple's upcoming operating system. I don't really need to post a lot here in terms of features that we know about for sure like "spaces" and Time Machine. I would like to discuss what most excites you. Or why you don't think you'll upgrade (ludicrous). Please, Windows users let's not flame this thread, if you don't care for Mac just go be gay somewhere else (jk). but really please be kind.

I will start this off with a question:
Has anybody heard anything about an update to the current gui (aqua I believe it's called) I'm hoping there is some cool new effects and new themes to choose from. I recently installed beryl on my fedora 7 and that thing blows my mind, btw works fantastic on my 1.83 ghz dual core macbook. Let me know all the juicy rumors.

no new GUI as far as i know, probabl a few minor updates, with improvements to spotlight, and finder.

I guess I'm just pumped up from using beryl and wishing something like that would come to mac. Core Animation looks promising, I know it's not explicitly for animating windows but they use it for spaces and time machine and the whole point of core animation is to make animations easy to build. If they succeed I'm hoping we see some nice third party plugins for window animations. I hope all of that makes sense.

Update:
Apple's homepage now has a tour of leopard, and for all of you that said no new gui, you were partially wrong. Check it out when you have the chance and discuss.

Last edited:
Back