the official mario galaxy help thread

wiilike

Banned
Aug 21, 2007
hello all, this is the official galaxy help thread, you may ask any questions about the game (ex. where to get a star, co-op mode, fighting bowser etc...) and anyone is welcome to help us. i myself have a question, when i completed the honeybee galaxy by getting 3 stars, it did not indicate that the galaxy was complete, like the manta surfing galaxy (i don't remember the real name) so... why is this?

I'm not sure. But maybe it's because there are secret stars. .. .Or maybe you just didn't see it.

PEOPLE WHO POST IN THIS THREAD SHOULD USE SPOILER TAGS. SO THEY WON'T RUIN SOME ONES EXPERIENCE

Fire Flower said:
I'm not sure. But maybe it's because there are secret stars. .. .Or maybe you just didn't see it.

PEOPLE WHO POST IN THIS THREAD SHOULD USE SPOILER TAGS. SO THEY WON'T RUIN SOME ONES EXPERIENCE

Thanks for putting this up.^^ I like having to figure stuff out, especially since this game doesn't seem to be as vague as SM64 levels were sometimes.

Since my comments here are kinda ambiguous, don't think a spoiler tag is needed here:

Anyway I think the additional stars will show up if you go back to do the galaxy again at some point. Like the "speed challenge" comet thing will come up, and give the opportunity for another star. Or perhaps we missed one of the star guys in there somewhere waiting to be fed.

I would just play on and check back once in a while to see if a new star option appears for this galaxy.

EDIT: if you talk to the dark gray star guy in the main area, he will tell you about these different comets that bring different challenges to some galaxies.

Last edited:
KyleForMe said:
Thanks for putting this up.^^ I like having to figure stuff out, especially since this game doesn't seem to be as vague as SM64 levels were sometimes.

Since my comments here are kinda ambiguous, don't think a spoiler tag is needed here:

Anyway I think the additional stars will show up if you go back to do the galaxy again at some point. Like the "speed challenge" comet thing will come up, and give the opportunity for another star. Or perhaps we missed one of the star guys in there somewhere waiting to be fed.

I would just play on and check back once in a while to see if a new star option appears for this galaxy.

EDIT: if you talk to the dark gray star guy in the main area, he will tell you about these different comets that bring different challenges to some galaxies.

Yeah, and talking about appeared stars...

How about the green power stars? I got one on the floating island galaxy (one of the ? galaxies of the third dome.
Those, does not appear in the status of the galaxy (when you reenter, it appears, but not before in black like with normal stars) I was like, "What the hell, green???? Huh??????"
As I got the green one first, I would like to know, if I would take the normal first, if the game would say, "Galaxy Completed" or not... as... if I would get the normal star first, the green one was missing, so it shouldn't be complete... but as the green one seems super secret... At least, I got it...

i thought he was purple, the guy that tells about the prankster comets that is.

bgreen82 said:
i thought he was purple, the guy that tells about the prankster comets that is.

Maybe Im playing in the dark too much.

A QUESTION I HAVE:
After completing all 121...
can you replay the game from the beginning with luigi? As in you have to get each star again, or only replay levels where the stars are just clear? I think it would be funner to replay it quest by quest again but with luigi.

andrewguy said:
hello all, this is the official galaxy help thread, you may ask any questions about the game (ex. where to get a star, co-op mode, fighting bowser etc...) and anyone is welcome to help us. i myself have a question, when i completed the honeybee galaxy by getting 3 stars, it did not indicate that the galaxy was complete, like the manta surfing galaxy (i don't remember the real name) so... why is this?
Later in the game, Luigi will send you a letter about finding a star there but can't get back. You must rescue him to get the star. Once you do, the galaxy will be marked complete.

edited due to kentemodo's request.

Last edited:
SPOOF -

Will you please edit your post that begins - "later in the game" and add

"SPOILER" TAGS!

PLEASE?

PRETTY PLEASE?

This is a HELP Thread. It began with a note requesting that any info be put within Spoiler Tags.

We beginners don't want to see this information.

We are not stuck on these parts yet.

So, We don't want the game ruined by posters giving way too much information - even if they mean to be helpful.

So, please put your post in SPOILER TAGS.

And future posters - PLEASE ADD THOSE SPOILER TAGS!!!

Thank you so much!

Kentomodo (who is busy zenning how to get by megleg-bot and get the Grand-star out of Bowser Jr's servitude).

warning to people who have just begun this game, do not look at previous posts due to spoilers. (some people might not co-op with the tags)

QUESTION: is the final boss hard? on a scale of 1-20 (petey pirahna for me: 6)

Just to be safe...

Could you guys give me some tips on Wave Riding and the thing where you're on top of a ball in these golf-course like levels? I beat the one Wave Racing level I played but I had to go mad slow on the turns and stuff. I have yet to beat the ball rolling thing I definitely can but I'd have to go real slow and be careful even smashing the Goombas messes me up sometimes.

6ix

go as sloooooooooooooow as you can! It only took me two tries, first time, i jumped on a goomba then fell off the stage! :D

Can someone say something to me about my previous post

about green stars

Thanks

chicagoan

To start, there are three green stars. Once you collect all of them, they will transform into the green transparent star shooter in the observatory. This will take you to bonus stages to collect more stars.

it`s good to know that to get to further levels, it`s much more than just collecting amounts of stars. there are lots of ways to get stars in this game, although it would be nice if you could earn a star by completing the storybook that roselina reads (it would be a surprise and no one would get it!)

Back