The 'Official' Post-Game Thread!

I usually host till the end. But if the lag is unbearable, and i'm hosting for bunch of randoms. There are times i quit that match.
Also if there are hackers, too many campers, toobers,spammers in the game...

I rarely host because my connection sucks when I do. I have HQ'd a few times but that's because of my connection issues.

I have simply zero business talkin' on the subject in regards t' Goldeneye, so feel free t' scoff at me 'n call me a hapless scrub. That aside, my oh-so irrelevant opinion is that a host quit is simply inexcusable in any multiplayer game or situation... 'cept maybe if it's to punish hackers. Other reasons can be plenty valid; havin' a terrible connection, for example; but in cases like that, honest gamers are losin' XP or somethin' of the sort. Quit at the very beginning of the match if ya know your connection is ****. Don't go a minute in hoping things'l change. Definitely don't go to the half-way mark 'till you get angry at said bad connection.

Speakin' of angry, host quits. They make people quite angry. 'Cause of their newly found rage, they host quit as a result. It's the bully phenomenon: the people highest on the social chain bully someone in the middle, who then bully someone lower down. Competitive gamers tryin' to get their name on the ladders host quit, so semi-competitive gamers start HQing out of spite. Casual 'n non-competitive gamers alike get exposed to host quits en masse as a result. If one person HQs, ya can count on three others to follow suit.

The problem grows like a damn virus, from one host to another.

78c49ffa-dab6-468e-b454-dbaa9e779b9e.jpg

Other reasons can be plenty valid; havin' a terrible connection, for example; but in cases like that, honest gamers are losin' XP or somethin' of the sort. Quit at the very beginning of the match if ya know your connection is ****. Don't go a minute in hoping things'l change. Definitely don't go to the half-way mark 'till you get angry at said bad connection.

Yes, I agree with you on this. Even when I do have a bad connection, I either quite right away, or I just suck it up and play out the entire game. But like I said, it's rare for me to host at all.

I've never HQ'd when I am losing.Lol, you're a Man U fan from aberdeen? Why?
I'm not Scottish, I'm English.It doesn't matter where you're from, you have the choice to support any club you like. I've supported them for years, I'm not just a glory hunter who doesn't even know half the squad.Back on topic, GGs to the E7 folks I played yesterday :)

1) GGs to you Trev! It was fun...

2) Also, we have moved our HQ discussion to PM...

3) This game makes me host too much. I need to call my ISP and ask them to downgrade my connection!

I'm not Scottish, I'm English.It doesn't matter where you're from, you have the choice to support any club you like. I've supported them for years, I'm not just a glory hunter who doesn't even know half the squad.Back on topic, GGs to the E7 folks I played yesterday :)

GGs trev!!! Let me know when you get back to it, so we can add our melee only accounts!!

Ggs to those I played last night, good competetive games.... and thanks for hosting em Koopa. Pity tampa felt he had to close the chat, I thought it was going nicely up to then :(

Ggs to those I played last night, good competetive games.... and thanks for hosting em Koopa. Pity tampa felt he had to close the chat, I thought it was going nicely up to then :(

It was going well, but things happen. You can't control what some people are going to do. I know it wasn't a popular decision that I had to make, but I don't have the time to play babysitter to other people's immaturity. I was part of this community for the same reason you are: to have fun...

Nice playing with you in all those games, Goldie. You're a good player. I knew every time I got in a match with you, I had to be at my best! Thanks for the fun times!

Last edited:
Ditto Tampa, I had to 'up' my game for those matches, going against all 56rs makes you do that lol.

And I understand the chat thing, the beauty of XAT chats is that you can ban peeps easily... I have to do that in RS chat before now. Some people are just sick/stupid/downright offensive in chats, I just assume it's some immature teenager seeking attention. Down comes the 'BAN HAMMER' lol

Last edited:
Back