The Post-Game Thread (now with moar games!)

Competitive Pokemon is still awesome. Haven't played UU in too long. Too bad my team can't deal with Heracross or Scrafty well at all. My best switch in to Heracross is Rhyperior. Rhyperior. Porygon-Z can revenge kill weakened ones, but I have trouble weakening them in the first place. And Scrafty has Shed Skin. F*ck Shed Skin.

Played more Wind Waker HD today. One of the few games I can remotely get into right now, and even then...complaining aside, the first boss was a bit harder than I remember. Not too bad, though. I wonder if they buffed it from the original.

I beat Pokemon XD last night. I still like it, but the further I backtrack from Gen V, the larger the feeling of mediocrity.

Seriously, what the hell is it? It's a giant leech prior to adulthood, then it turns into a two-headed skink-leech-wyvern (in-game description claims it's a wyvern, which deeply confuses me). How the 'Karp does that work?

also its fugly

Apparently my UU team still sucks even after replacing Rhyperior with Gligar to counter Heracross, among other jobs. Ugh. I don't fully understand what the flaws are right now. Maybe it's the lack of sheer firepower. I have things that hit hard, but they have issues plowing through healthy Pokemon. Maybe the team relies too much on status conditions and entry hazards.

I don't feel like figuring this out right now...

Last edited:
Oh yes you do. Ya just don't know it yet.

inb4 sableye is banned in lower tiers, but still unusable in ou

Farming Ceadeus for an axe. Need a rare drop. 2.

Seriously, what the hell is it? It's a giant leech prior to adulthood, then it turns into a two-headed skink-leech-wyvern (in-game description claims it's a wyvern, which deeply confuses me). How the 'Karp does that work?

also its fugly

I always ask myself that about Diablos.

Oh yes. Forgot to mention: Reason it's a wyvern might have to do with Gigginox being able to ****ing FLY! I've only seen it do that like once, but that thing flies.

Last edited:
'Til Fairy-type became a thing. :trollkarp:

Barioth is one'a the coolest not-wyvern things ever.

Oh yes. Forgot to mention: Reason it's a wyvern might have to do with Gigginox being able to ****ing FLY! I've only seen it do that like once, but that thing flies.

wat

All'a them not-so-aerodynamic brute wyverns bein' able to burrow faster than a Dugtrio is an acceptable level of vidya gaem logic, but that thing shouldn't fly... I'd like some insight as to who designed the Gigginox, and what the 'Karp inspired such a wonderfully creepy monster.

> Implyin' I care about Ice-type's lack of viability

My Pokemon are tools for obtainin' victory, glory and pokedollars. I give no damns whether or not my favorite species are viable. Strength (not the HM) is all that matters. And I find your dumb ol' Sableye severely lacking in that category. *curly mustache villain laugh*

cheapbass maggot

... Well no, I s'pose you're not quite as bad as J.

Back