The Post-Game Thread (now with moar games!)

Going backburner is fun. I do love the rage it causes, in part due to it being a strange. In particular, being able to crit people running away with their back turned (i.e. medics) is incredibly satisfying.

Going backburner is fun. I do love the rage it causes, in part due to it being a strange. In particular, being able to crit people running away with their back turned (i.e. medics) is incredibly satisfying.

I don't mind the backburner as much as the crit pyro loadouts. Because using a loadout that gives you a free kill on anything except a heavy (Degreaser Puff, Axtinguisher combo) totally takes skill to do. At least you can play to the backburners advantages as if playing a more aggressive but not as stealthy spy, it's just the bad W+M1 pyro's that give it a bad name.

By bad do you mean ineffective or annoying but effective? Because most people call the latter "bad". I also fall into the latter playstyle. They're not gonna complain about a pyro that they constantly kill and makes them feel secure about their own skill.

By bad do you mean ineffective or annoying but effective? Because most people call the latter "bad". I also fall into the latter playstyle. They're not gonna complain about a pyro that they constantly kill and makes them feel secure about their own skill.

The latter "bad", I actually liked the idea of the backburner it's just poorly represented by new players using it as they get it through achievement items. It's the same with weapons like the Force-a-nature which personally is a favourite of mine.

As I was saying though, if you play the Pyro like a spy that cannot cloak or disguise. The Backburner is a wonderful weapon and airblasting is still a viable option even if it chugs 50 fuel but it's still there unlike with the Phlog. Honestly, i'd rather be outplayed by a good pyro with the backburner than a wannabe good pyro with the Degreaser - Flare Gun - Axtinguisher loadout.

Played through a L4D2 campaign. There was apparently free trial for it, explaining why half the guys were clueless on what to do. Wait, no, that doesn't excuse anything. If you see someone getting swarmed, you shoot the zombies. Experience isn't necessary to figure that out.

God and slavery or Satan and freedom... Something doesn't quite add up here.

I'm just now getting into The Shin Megami Tensei series with SMT4. In not knowing the series that well I did some brief checking on the series's past games. It deals a lot with religions from around the world but mostly the Christian/Catholic beliefs in the story, so much that good and evil is a choice between God and Lucifer. But it's not all black and white as you would think those choices would be. God seems to be in his strict Old Testament ways and Satan seems to be a bit more chill that what is said in the Bible. To choose the side of God is to help him save the world, BUT at the cost of humanity's freedom. The citizens of Heaven see that the only way to save humanity is to strictly enslave them to keep them from committing the sins that damn themselves. This is the choice of Law/Order. On the other hand you can denounce God and side with Lucifer in the choice of Chaos/Free will. In the games, Lucifer, king of all that is evil, believes humanity should be free to do as they please, and live in a world where they can do whatever they see fit, even if that world contains demons though.

At least, that has been the premise behind all the SMT games, and judging by the opening few cutscenes, this will also be important at the end of this game as well.

I'm just now getting into The Shin Megami Tensei series with SMT4. In not knowing the series that well I did some brief checking on the series's past games. It deals a lot with religions from around the world but mostly the Christian/Catholic beliefs in the story, so much that good and evil is a choice between God and Lucifer. But it's not all black and white as you would think those choices would be. God seems to be in his strict Old Testament ways and Satan seems to be a bit more chill that what is said in the Bible. To choose the side of God is to help him save the world, BUT at the cost of humanity's freedom. The citizens of Heaven see that the only way to save humanity is to strictly enslave them to keep them from committing the sins that damn themselves. This is the choice of Law/Order. On the other hand you can denounce God and side with Lucifer in the choice of Chaos/Free will. In the games, Lucifer, king of all that is evil, believes humanity should be free to do as they please, and live in a world where they can do whatever they see fit, even if that world contains demons though.

At least, that has been the premise behind all the SMT games, and judging by the opening few cutscenes, this will also be important at the end of this game as well.
Sounds interesting.
I have actually been thinking about the theme of freedom recently but came up with a different conclusion. Although I might have to play that series to see how they tell the story with no right answer.

Got a 4 IV Sableye on the GTS by sheer luck. Used her to breed a boatload of Sableye with very good IV's, and after a while I finally got a female with a Careful nature, Prankster, and a perfect IV in every stat but Sp. Attack. Hell yeah.

I would keep trying for a shiny, with the newely obtained shiny charm and all, but it feels like Sableye take forever to hatch. I prefer normal Sableye's design to shiny Sableye's, anyway.

It deals a lot with religions from around the world but mostly the Christian/Catholic beliefs in the story, so much that good and evil is a choice between God and Lucifer. But it's not all black and white as you would think those choices would be. God seems to be in his strict Old Testament ways and Satan seems to be a bit more chill that what is said in the Bible. To choose the side of God is to help him save the world, BUT at the cost of humanity's freedom. The citizens of Heaven see that the only way to save humanity is to strictly enslave them to keep them from committing the sins that damn themselves. This is the choice of Law/Order. On the other hand you can denounce God and side with Lucifer in the choice of Chaos/Free will. In the games, Lucifer, king of all that is evil, believes humanity should be free to do as they please, and live in a world where they can do whatever they see fit, even if that world contains demons though.

The angels are more super-villainous-takeoverdaworld-evil/nofun while the demons are more let's-go-back-to the-lawless-world-of-old/anarchy. Problem with the latter is that rules such as survival of the fittest take effect, meaning that you can take over if you manage to get to the top, as was pointed out in Strange Journey. Both law and chaos kinda end up being the same in a way.

Still, it's pretty lulzy seeing how evil-looking the angels look:
tumblr_msy7rx5nbd1r0h8e3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_msy7rx5nbd1r0h8e3o2_500.jpg

Even the obviously chaotic party member doesn't like him. Also helps if you're familiar with religious backgrounds.

Got a 4 IV Sableye on the GTS by sheer luck. Used her to breed a boatload of Sableye with very good IV's, and after a while I finally got a female with a Careful nature, Prankster, and a perfect IV in every stat but Sp. Attack. Hell yeah.

I would keep trying for a shiny, with the newely obtained shiny charm and all, but it feels like Sableye take forever to hatch. I prefer normal Sableye's design to shiny Sableye's, anyway.

Curious. About how long does this take you?

Started an UnEpic Hard++ playthrough, no troubles so far but the lack of invincibility frames on damage will make some specific sections a complete pain, mainly sections with Skeletons since they like to swarm the player. So the sections to look our for are Gardens Skeleton sections, the entire catacombs section, a couple screens in the labs and there are a few bosses and early game enemies I need to look out for but nothing should be too difficult besides those specific sections.

I'll also be skilling Axes and Armour so the run should be pretty darn easy compared to my Armour level 1 run on normal.

Achieved 100% sync last night, in spite of a glitch that made one'a the Naval Contracts registered as bein' incomplete on the map. I honestly can't remember the last time I haven't played a short single player game... spent 70-80 hours IIRC. Most'a them fun, naturally.

Also finished all'a the unrequired present-timeline stuff. Lol'd at Ubisoft breakin' the fourth wall and takin' a jab at how undeserved Connor's poor reception was, among other things. I especially appreciated what is presumably the last we'll ever hear of Desmond.

God and slavery or Satan and freedom... Something doesn't quite add up here.

Order is enslavement to principle and/or structure, chaos is paradoxical freedom. Sounds 'bout right t' me.

ALSO GOD IS A TEMPLAR

Curious. About how long does this take you?
Achieving a near perfect IV spread for my Porygon in Black (Trick is a BW2 tutor move) took me two days of breeding and swapping out Porygons. In XY, this became a lot easier for a few main reasons. One, the Everstone passes down the nature of the holder 100% of the time, as opposed to just 50%. Two, Destiny Knot now guarantees that 5/6 IV's will be passed down from the parents. Previously, about half of the IV's would be random no matter what you did (I believe). And three, Pokemon with good IV's are much easier to come by, as anything you catch in the friend safari has two guaranteed perfect IV's.

I don't imagine you understood that very well. I estimate that it took me about three hours to get the perfect Sableye. It would have taken much less time if I settled for a few imperfect IV's, but it's not like I don't have the time. Of course, it helped that I obtained a 4/6 IV one on the GTS. Otherwise I would have had more issues, especially considering how I lack a friend safari with Sableye.

I recall my near perfect Sharpedo taking a little longer, but it's been a while since I bred her.

Last edited:
Back