The Winner Of Wii Soccer Games

lbu8 said:
u mean "i never saw Mario strikers as a soccer game"

soccer is the gay sport u play with your feet, were the "pros" take an 3 hours to kick a ball in the net the size of france, and 55% of games end in ties:mad5:

football is the sport that the worlds best athletes play. :ciappa:
yeah thats why soccer is the best and most favorited sport in the world! most popular as well! and I think he meant football, the other way: futbol!
although american football is fun, soccer is more fun! im looking forward to this game!

lbu8 said:
u mean "i never saw Mario strikers as a soccer game"

soccer is the gay sport u play with your feet, were the "pros" take an 3 hours to kick a ball in the net the size of france, and 55% of games end in ties:mad5:

football is the sport that the worlds best athletes play. :ciappa:
Ultimate comedy.

I'm rather tempted my PES Wii. Fifa 08 on the Wii was horrendous, but now I have it on the PS3 and it's brilliant. I know PES Wii is a completely different style, which interests me a lot as I love to play in that style (perfect passes/through balls, off the ball running, etc), but I'm just slightly concerned by how well it works. From the sounds of things, everyone is saying it's good, but everyone said that about Fifa 08 on the Wii at first. I think I'll give it a rent.

AutumnWind said:
I concur with all points you made; the Wii version is an excellent start for the PES series on Wii, very innovative, there has never been anything quite like it in terms of sports games, ever. Great fun against friends or other people. Defense is a bit shoddy, but with proper consumer support for this version, next year we may well get an improved outing from Konami.

The online is almost perfect as well - I've played a few matches and they've been very smooth.

The only thing is... Spurs? Psh. =P

Buy PES 2008!

and go here and share some friend codes so we can play online!

Another way I've been able to defend is to simply select one of your own players and drag-dribble him to where you want him to be to defend, and do this in tandem with the man-marking defense tactics...

Lewi T said:
Ultimate comedy.

I'm rather tempted my PES Wii. Fifa 08 on the Wii was horrendous, but now I have it on the PS3 and it's brilliant. I know PES Wii is a completely different style, which interests me a lot as I love to play in that style (perfect passes/through balls, off the ball running, etc), but I'm just slightly concerned by how well it works. From the sounds of things, everyone is saying it's good, but everyone said that about Fifa 08 on the Wii at first. I think I'll give it a rent.

FIFA on PS, Xbox, etc may be acceptable, but you'll find that while PES on Wii is better than FIFA on Wii, PES on PS, Xbox is also better. :)

Anyway, yea, give PES Wii a rent, you shouldn't be disappointed unless you just plain hate motion controls in general.

i have this pre-ordered, very excited about it, see you all online on friday

Lewi T said:
I thought that Fifa was kind of ok but not good enough to warrant buying it.

PES 2008 on Wii is a lot better than Fifa 08 was though, so you should definetely rent it at least. While its not perfect it does show a lot of potential and its nice to actually have a version which isnt just another minor update of last years game.

Phil174 said:
Understand this... Football in europe is the most popular sport in the world, as a man utd and plymouth argyle fan i get to see the most entertaining football ever with man utd, plymouth argyle u ask.... in 5 years they've gone from 3rd division to championship and are currently in 6th spot i could get a chance to go to home park and watch plymouth vs man utd next season WOW. Anyways American football is a poor adaptation of Rugby where the americans are affraid to get hurt so where every type of padding around... rugby is a real mans sport and credit to the players for the rucks and kicks and all the pain they go through. Anyone watch man utd vs liverpool Y'day Wayne rooney clean through, gets hacked by Carragher and still continues to try n score although he shoulda went down for a penalty... My point is English players are Pure British Beef and wont resort to European Diving School tactics.
funny listening to u guys get all pissed off:lol:

us football players were pads because if they didnt they would get killed. they get hit with the force of car crashs.

Last edited:
lbu8 said:
funny listening to u guys get all pissed off:lol:

us football players were pads because if they didnt they would get killed. they get hit with the force of car crashs.

Lol. Yeah...fat guys in tights running 6 miles an hour at you is the force of a car crash. Don't even try to argue.

I like and appreciate the two sports, but that was a very poor arguement.

Theses is are two different sports. It's like comparing apples to oranges. They both have their own strategies. However, they are not fat guys running around in tights who run 6 mph. Have you every been hit by someone who is 6-3 278 lbs and can run a 40 yard dash(43.6 meters) in 4.6 seconds. If you have the you have some knowledge of how it feels. If you have not, please do not make ignorant statements.

RUGBY.........+ no padding........= Mans sport

they run ar each other full speed, no padding each guy is a built SH.
Nuff said

Back