This is so Gay!! Stupid Nintendo

islandvic said:
En4Neo said:
I didn't mean to offend any Canadians. I only said that because the thread maker was Canadian and was trying to make point that saying something is gay is just GAY!!!!!....i kid, i kid, I mean stupid and offensive.QUOTE]

Sorry, I overreacted when I read your comment right after reading the gay reference title and following posts. Looking back now I can see the point you were trying to get across. :crazy:
Not exactly fair for you to be leashing out though. You have friends/family mems etc. that are gay, then you're from Canada too....and you're dissing those exact things. I bet if you didn't know anyone gay, you wouldn't care as much, but just because you do know people that are gay, it makes you feel that it's wrong for anyone to say it. I admit, I use to say it about 1 or 2 years ago. Believe it or not, since then i've matured greatly (just look at my posts from a year ago compared to the ones I make these days...point made), I don't care if people throw around the term loosely (like MysticGohan is doing). But, if they do say it, I get the idea they're a bit immature.

Just saying, not trying to be the bully, but even you have to agree with me here. The reason you're so touchy on this issue is the reason you have personal experiences that make you feel more sensitive; just like if you said Christians are to uptight and suck, I would flip out, but I would question you why you think so. I bet you didn't even know I was a Christian, just because of the way I act, not very uptight am I?

ssbb_lover said:
islandvic said:
Not exactly fair for you to be leashing out though. You have friends/family mems etc. that are gay, then you're from Canada too....and you're dissing those exact things. I bet if you didn't know anyone gay, you wouldn't care as much, but just because you do know people that are gay, it makes you feel that it's wrong for anyone to say it. I admit, I use to say it about 1 or 2 years ago. Believe it or not, since then i've matured greatly (just look at my posts from a year ago compared to the ones I make these days...point made), I don't care if people throw around the term loosely (like MysticGohan is doing). But, if they do say it, I get the idea they're a bit immature.

Just saying, not trying to be the bully, but even you have to agree with me here. The reason you're so touchy on this issue is the reason you have personal experiences that make you feel more sensitive; just like if you said Christians are to uptight and suck, I would flip out, but I would question you why you think so. I bet you didn't even know I was a Christian, just because of the way I act, not very uptight am I?

I was about to say something like that. I just don't think you should always be so sure of people. Just because she said that doesn't mean she wouldn't have respect for gay people even if she had no relationship with someone that is gay.

I've never hated gay people even as a Christian, but I guess you are right to an extent. Having known some good gay people makes me a little more defensive.

Also that was me in the quote, I only said "that's canadian" to make a point.

Last edited:
ssbb_lover said:
islandvic said:

Actually that first paragraph is a quote from another member here, but I didn't do the reply properly. So my argument is still valid..I would never say what I did, then disparage it..not a lot of sense to be mad there. And yes I mentioned I took it personally because of my ties to the gay community, but I am all about equality and giving respect to all people in society. But you have to admit someone saying "thats so gay" is much much more a common negative saying that is used.

oh god he says one thing and you all just have to make it out like somthin huge

y dont we tok about wat the thread is about

Too bad Nintendo sucks at online...I was hopin they'd fix. Maybe I should've guess after seeing Gamecube. But I still have hope!

Bloodfin182 said:
Ugh - this is so disappointing. All this time I thought March was finally the month.

Stick to actual release announcements from Nintendo and the 3rd party developers instead of message board rumors and then you would not have been expecting online in March in the first place.

FlashStar said:
:lol: They've done everything really well with the wii..up to here..
They trying to get rid of their loyal fans or what!~>?:eek:ut: :tard:

Would you have rather they delayed the release of the Wii until their online system was ready?

sagema said:
You're missing the point of that article. They said Nintendo has the capabilities to run VC games online! Someone will hack the Wii to play VC online if Nintendo blocks it. Personally I don't count http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com as an official source yet. I want to see IGN, Gamespot, or Nintendo report this officially.
No one is going to do that... Just find an emulator with online capabilities.

Meh, most the good games that are wrapped around Online play are 1st Party anyways. Id wait for this to be confirmed by Nintendo before you all get over upset.

The Sims: The Islands
NFS: The Islands
Theme Park: The Islands

A Huge set of games coming out for the Wii, completely Online.. I dont think They are going to do exactly as Herman says. Or this would be ALL Scrapped.

Last edited:
MasterJedi2U said:
I agree...you've got remember that 90% of the people on this forum are immature, idiotic brats who have no idea whats alright to say and whats not offensive. I'm black as well and I get what you're saying. Its so annoying sometimes how ignorant these people can be. But its the internet and in reality there is nothing we can do to combat hatred in this medium so for the most part I ignore it. Sad that in the year 2006 people still can't think of anything better to use to describe something they don't like other than, "gay".

you have to realize that when people say "thats gay" they aren't purposely being offensive to gays. Like it or not, its a common phrase. People say oh my god and jesus christ all the time, and thats very offensive to god and jesus. But, when you say it, you aren't meaning any offense. its just a common phrase.

islandvic said:
Actually that first paragraph is a quote from another member here, but I didn't do the reply properly. So my argument is still valid..I would never say what I did, then disparage it..not a lot of sense to be mad there. And yes I mentioned I took it personally because of my ties to the gay community, but I am all about equality and giving respect to all people in society. But you have to admit someone saying "thats so gay" is much much more a common negative saying that is used.
I wasn't getting mad, I was just making a point.

Back